Profile for Simon > Reviews

Content by Simon

Simon (Haywards Heath, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Brother LC1280XL Ink Cartridge
Brother LC1280XL Ink Cartridge
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Ink, 17 Mar. 2015
It's ink - what can I say. Great service & price for the real thing

DIBAG ® -Set of 3 Vacuum Storage Space Saving bags 91x124 cm.
DIBAG ® -Set of 3 Vacuum Storage Space Saving bags 91x124 cm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Space Saver, 17 Mar. 2015
How did I survive without these - great for bedding & skiwear - takes up 1/2 as much space in the cupboard

Roth Audio Sub Zero II TV Soundbar with Bluetooth
Roth Audio Sub Zero II TV Soundbar with Bluetooth
Offered by Superfi

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound is So Much Better, 17 Mar. 2015
The improvement in sound over the standard built-in speakers is amazing. I've linked it directly to the TV using a digital audio cable and turned the TV sound to zero. I also have a Humax PVR & Samsung Blu-ray player linked to the TV. I can use the PVR remote to adjust the volume but only after setting it on the soundbar. I can control the blu-ray volume through its own remote (it is much louder than the PVR for some reason). My only criticism is the power - as other reviews have pointed out, it is difficult to tell if it is on or off as the lights are very hard to see (not bright). This is better in the dark but not during the day. I also love the fact I can use it to play music from my phone/tablet using the Bluetooth function. The sound modes (movie/music/voice) provide enough of a difference - usually set it on movie for the TV. Definitely recommend for sub £100.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40EB-K Compact Camera - Black (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, Built in GPS, 24mm Wide Angle, 50P Full HD Video - AVCHD) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars My love of photography is back, 7 Jan. 2014
I love this camera because it is the first digital compact I've owned that offers the functions of an old film SLR (and more). I decided to upgrade my previous Panasonic Lumix (DMC-S3) after it was dropped into a bucket of crabs by my DS (!). I'd also seen the photos produced by a high end digital SLR which were far superior to any digital photo I'd taken so had camera envy. I did not want an SLR as they are too bulky to carry around especially on holiday. I considered a compact system camera like the Canon Eos-M but again decided that realistically would I want to carry around a larger camera and more than one lens. So I opted for a replacement compact as I simply love snapping away in an instant to capture those Cartier-Bresson moments.

I've always had a Lumix and have been impressed by them so started trawling the review websites when this one came up. In all honesty it has more features than I need (I don't ever see my using the GPS for instance & need to get used to the touchscreen). However, I wanted lots of megapixels and a large zoom with a decent lens & sensor. The wi-fi is new to me but already it has proved useful as I can transfer images using the NFC function to a Google Nexus 7 and post to FB in no time (great for showing the family back home photos from our travels). I can also use the Nexus or my smartphone as a remote control to the camera by installing a free Panasonic app.

I am discovering photography again using the aperature & speed priority functions. I am also using the creative functions (especially the monochrome which gives great portraits). I think this camera will last me for years. My only criticism is the lack of a paper manual which at 300 pages is a struggle reading online.

PowerGen 2.4A / 12W Dual USB Car Charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - BLACK
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 23 Jun. 2013
Used for recharging phones & Nexus 7 and seems to do the trick. Not fully road tested as yet so time will tell

UKayed ® Turbo Twister Radio Controlled 360° Rotation Stunt Car Flips Spins & More (With Magical Lights)
Offered by InternetukShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great remote control car, 23 Jun. 2013
Lights & action are the name of the game as this thing tumbles and turns it way around the room. My only criticisms are that it is obviously foreign so a little hard to understand the instructions on the box and the "aerial" on the r/c unit is very flimsy so we used it down which does not seem to affect performance. Great to have rechargeable batteries but no way of telling how much power is left which means running it flat.

LEGO City 4204: The Mine
LEGO City 4204: The Mine
Offered by LTD EDITION

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: LEGO City 4204: The Mine (Toy)
Lots of different vehicles/parts (truck/train/crane/mining vehicle) that can be used in their own right or all together as the mine. Great value when purchased too

MOFRED® Purple Luxury Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet Android 4.1 Jellybean 8GB /16GB/32GB / 3G HSPA+ - Second Updated Version w/Sleep Sensor + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Nexus 7 Case, 19 Mar. 2013
I think this is great value for money. Purchased for a Nexus 7 and would have spent £20 on their own case at the same time but they were out of stock and I did not want to wait so looked around for something similar. I think this is better than the Google case in that it provides two stand options. Fit is OK, I was a little worried about the sleep function but it works perfectly if you close the "lid" using the hinge. I have been using it for a month now and no problems to report. Also comes with stylus which I've used a few times. Have not fitted the screen protectors.

Rodger Wireless Bedwetting Enuresis Alarm - NEW 2012 Model
Rodger Wireless Bedwetting Enuresis Alarm - NEW 2012 Model

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 6 Oct. 2012
Bought these for my 6yr old son who has struggled with staying dry through the night despite being dry during the day at the age of 2. I guess we used to find excuses like "he sleeps too deeply" or "he's not ready yet" knowing that boys can take a long time at this and that medical intervention tends to be from the age of 7 as it is not that uncommon. We tried most things like waking him up, not letting him drink after 6pm, double wees before bed, etc, etc and with lots of positive encouragement but I think the best he managed was about 3 dry nights on the trot.

We were recommended the Rodger pants by a friend of ours (who happens to be a specialist trauma paediatrician) and bought them without hesitation. We are now onto Day 22 and here are the startling results so far:

Days 1 - 5: woke up with alarm and went to toilet (had to change pants but not the bedding)
Day 6-7: dry
Day 8: woke with alarm and went to toilet
Day 9-13: dry (5 nights)
Day 14: woke with alarm and went to toilet
Days 15-21: dry (7 nights)

Bearing in mind the best was just 3 nights we are now onto our 7th dry night in a row (with just 2 wet nights in the past 15) and we are quite gobsmacked. These pants are a huge breakthrough and hopefully he'll be ready to go through the night without them soon.

I know they aren't cheap but if you consider the cost of nappies and washing (and the resale value of the alarm) they are worth every penny.

iZKA® - 3 Pin USB 1A Charger UK Wall Plug for MP3 MP4 players, iPod, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, Apple iPad, Tablet, Mobile Phones, PDAs,TomTom, Navman, Garmin, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Nokia and digital cameras etc - Black
Offered by AQUARIUS PROTEXION

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value charger, 9 Mar. 2012
I bought the charger for my iPod 4th gen. so that I don't need to plug it into the pc. It does the job perfectly. I also got it to use when away from home and I am hoping that it will work in Europe with an adaptor. My only criticism, likes other reviews, is the incredibly bright blue light which is fine during the day but I would not fancy using it in my room at night whilst trying to sleep. Then again I am more likely to want to keep an eye on it having read reviews of other similar priced products going up in flames. This one was fine first time round.

Page: 1 | 2