Profile for Mr. Matthew Burgess > Reviews

Content by Mr. Matthew Bu...

Mr. Matthew Burgess "mattb2020" (London, UK)

Wipeout 2097: the Soundtrack
Wipeout 2097: the Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nostalgia for any Wipeout fan, 3 Oct. 2008
I have recently downloaded Wipeout HD for PS3 and was a little disappointed with the soundtrack. I decided to buy this to play along with the new game as one of the best aspects of 2097 was the music.

This is a fantastic album; fast-paced, creative and atmospheric. It sounds fresh and innovative even now in 2008 and still fits with the vibe of the new game perfectly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2009 1:13 AM GMT

Me and You and Everyone We Know [DVD] (2005)
Me and You and Everyone We Know [DVD] (2005)
Dvd ~ John Hawkes

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely Compelling, 30 Oct. 2007
This is one of the most strangely compelling films I have ever seen.

I cannot identify exactly why I liked it, but I could not stop watching it and was left wanting more. By subtly challenging your perceptions of personal & social issues - without ever thrusting it in your face - the melancholic atmosphere provokes a range of emotions rarely achieved and the superb soundtrack only adds to the character of the film.

The slow pace and odd characters will certainly not appeal to all. But if you like things a little out-of-the-ordinary then give it a try and you might just uncover a gem.

ROOTY
ROOTY
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype, 10 Aug. 2002
This review is from: ROOTY (Audio CD)
The big question before this album was released was; 'Can Basement Jaxx better Remedy?' Unfortunately the answer is no. I had high expectations for this album as Remedy was such an amazing record. I so wanted to love this album and for it to be great but, unfortunately, its not.
There are some great tracks on this record (Romeo, Get Me Off, Where's Your Head At) but I think Jaxx lost themselves a bit on this one. It feels a little as if they stuck a few random vocals together with a few random tracks in no particular order. Thankfully some have worked out but most tracks are poor and the album has no rhythm to it.
If you don't have Remedy then buy it. Its a must have classic. But I suggest you steer clear of this disappointing follow up.
I feel as if this record is a waste of their talent and I hope they get it back together for their next record because I know how they good they can be.