Profile for shrek1895 > Reviews

Content by shrek1895

shrek1895

GTECH ST05 Grass Trimmer & Edger 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery (Old Version)
GTECH ST05 Grass Trimmer & Edger 14.4v Lithium Ion Battery (Old Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep looking!, 17 Jun. 2015
Poor - battery life is terrible, you'll be charging it far more than your strimming, I only have a modest back garden and I get no where near to getting the job done with this tool on one charge, which is frustrating given the length of time it then takes to charge!

Also if you do take the plunge stock up plastic blades, you'll go through them at some rate so make sure you have plenty of spares.

Having belligerently stuck with it, the final nail in the coffin of this tool was the metal clip that holds the plastic blade in place came off and couldn't be found in my flower bed.

So, poor battery life and poor build quality are my lasting memories of this tool, I really wouldn't recommend. Also bear in mind the battery is built into the unit so you can't have a spare charging while you work or replace it once it starts to deteriorate and by does it deteriorate quickly.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 17 Jun. 2015
Poor design, fiddly to use, was quickly consigned to the bottom draw and will not see the light of day again!

Faded Lois Dreams
Faded Lois Dreams

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read!, 17 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Faded Lois Dreams (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read and on the kindle great value for money, I'm to young to remember the early 80's in much detail, but really thought this was a great account of life at the time and thoroughly enjoyed the read. Will certainly be keeping an eye out for future work from the author.

Hozelock 240 V Green Power Thermal Weeder
Hozelock 240 V Green Power Thermal Weeder
Offered by Longacres Garden Centre

3.0 out of 5 stars so keep in mind its abit like painting the Forth Bridge using this approach, 17 Jun. 2015
Its ok, but I'm abit underwhelmed to be honest, yes it certainly burns weeds so long as there not to big, but to do any large area then either I'm doing it wrong or you need to allocate a significant block of time to get the job done!

Perhaps I'm being unfair and if we'd had a drier summer it would be more effective, but so far after a month of use I'm finding it very time consuming! Also when it does work yes it does the job on the weed you target, but I'm finding weeds popping up either side of the burnt one quite quickly, something that wasn't a problem when using weed killer, so keep in mind its abit like painting the Forth Bridge using this approach.

All that said, it is rather satisfying watching the weeds go up in smoke, although if you have neighbours in close proximity they won't appreciate the amount of smoke your throwing out!

Samsung Galaxy Camera - White (16MP, 21x Optical Zoom, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS) 4.8 inch HD Touch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 8 Dec. 2012
I've had mine since the week of release and I must admit I love it.

Yes its full of gimmicks and toys, and to be frank I'd say they compliment what is actually a very capable camera in its own right.

The connectivity via 3g works a treat, and alot of the "apps" I've downloaded have really come into there own on this device as apposed to having to deal with the limitations of a phone camera lens and sensor.

I'll be honest I didn't intend on buying this, I was on the hunt for a Canon G12 or G15, but spotted this and thought why not. For me it really does inject a great deal of fun into your photography and you won't be compromising on quality while your at it. For years I've been lugging around some serious DSLR kit and lenses so its a total joy for the more recreational stuff to just be able to pick this up and go and have a whole host of gadgets, gizmos and connectivity at my finger tips.

The one downside I would point out is the battery life is pretty awful, certainly not a charge once a week sort of gadget! That said, additional batteries seem to be cheap enough so I'd suggest having one of those "just in case"!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2013 12:29 AM GMT