Profile for Melanie > Reviews

Content by Melanie

Melanie (Devon, England)

The Good Shopping Guide: Certifying the UK's Most Ethical Companies and Brands (Good Shopping Guides)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 12 Jun. 2013
I really wanted to get my head round which brands are using unethical methods in production. This book doesn't name all the possible brands you can purchase and doesn't go into enough detail on how they are ethical or not. There are just 3 categories used to describe how ethical they are in different areas... Top rating, middle rating and bottom rating.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 5:33 PM BST

Rainbow R8255R Cool USB Mini Speakers - Red
Rainbow R8255R Cool USB Mini Speakers - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 July 2009
The sound is fine for computer use, sometimes I listen to my music through Itunes, not ideal for that, but not bad considering the price.
The design I like very much, they're small so they fit under my 24" monitor screen nicely.
Only perk is that the cables could do with being longer, but I guess I'm using them for my desktop computer and some might use it for their laptops, in which case they wouldn't need a longer cable, but it's a tad short for my purposes.

Astrology for Beginners: An Easy Guide to Understanding and Interpreting Your Chart (For Beginners (Llewellyn's))
by William Hewitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book For Beginners!!!!, 2 July 2006
This is the first book I bought on astrology. Its a good basic, yet very informative book. It explains everything you will need to know to progress onto further astrological books. I keep coming back to this book because I see it as the foundation of everythnig I've learnt so far. I highly recommend it to anyone with a serious interest in learning astrology.