Profile for SMPEC > Reviews

Content by SMPEC

SMPEC "SMPEC" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Zero Six Bravo: 60 Special Forces. 100,000 Enemy. The Explosive True Story.
Zero Six Bravo: 60 Special Forces. 100,000 Enemy. The Explosive True Story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, no more said!!!, 19 Dec 2014
What a book - this is a must read! I've read previous Damien Lewis accounts and enjoyed his style and attempts to give an honest account on behalf events. This is a gripping read and left me hanging on the edge right to the very end. Buy it, read it, and be proud of what our troops do and can and must endure!

Red
Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 19 Dec 2014
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
Loved the album, great upbeat songs - her best album to date!

The Dalai Lama's Book of Wisdom
The Dalai Lama's Book of Wisdom

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a revision guide to the Dalai Lama's teachings, 19 Dec 2014
Having read other titles by he Dalai Lama I would classify this as a revision guide rather than anything new. Neither does this book read or glow like a book as such, it is effectively excerpts from a longer book. It is however a very easy read and done thing you can pick up in the morning or at night to remind you of the greater meaning to life and how we should be living it. A good buy at 99p

Roth DBT-001 DAB+/FM/Bluetooth Radio - White
Roth DBT-001 DAB+/FM/Bluetooth Radio - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact DAB Radio with Bluetooth, 19 Dec 2014
Great DAB radio for the kitchen or bedroom. Sounds good for its compact size and price, and the DAB reception is great. I was concerned by other reviews that the reception was a bit limited, however this little unit pulls in a huge number of stations. The Bluetooth pick up is very useful and easy to link, and sound quality it superb. Overall very pleased with the unit - I must add the first unit came through damaged but was replaced by Richer sounds with relative ease.

Comvita Olive Leaf Complex 500ml
Comvita Olive Leaf Complex 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars CFS / ME immune system support, 22 Sep 2014
I have used Comvita Olive leaf extract for the past 5 years upon recommendation from an Australian friend - the home of Olive Leaf! Whilst not a cute for ME/CFS this product has without a doubt improved my well being and prevented me from falling further ill with all the bugs the family bring home from a school - put plainly I cant remember when I last had a common cold, this is an amazing protective antioxidant for weakened (or healthy) immune systems. I take 1 - 2 spoons a day and a bottle lasts 2 months or so. Well worth a try!!!

The Squadron (Kindle Single)
The Squadron (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars There are much better accounts / offers out there, 22 Sep 2014
Bought when on offer and it did not impress - very lightweight, failed to engage and not enough pages. There are much better accounts / offers out there. Sorry :-(

Into the Wild
Into the Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars An addictive account of tragedy in the making!, 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: Into the Wild (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely addictive story of the tragic fate of an individual who feeld does not fit into society and wants to travel America in the spirit of his idols and live with and off nature, but ultimately with a tragic end. Extremely well researched and written, with plausible insights and eventualities. Thank you Amazon for the recommendation and deal!

Journey to the Centre of the Earth[Illustrated]
Journey to the Centre of the Earth[Illustrated]

3.0 out of 5 stars I preferred "Around The World in 80 Days", 22 Sep 2013
Sorry but I found this story a bit too long and too far fetched for my full enjoyment, but that might just be me. I really enjoyed and was entertained by "Around The World In Eighty Days". Without a doubt Jules Verne was ahead of his time in terms of his writing and foresight.

The Magician of Lhasa
The Magician of Lhasa

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully clever, thought provoking and engaging read, 14 Sep 2013
Having been given a gift voucher ahead of my holiday and having fairly recently acquired an interest in The Dalai Lana, I bought 'The Dalai Lamas Cat' as my light holiday read. I loved the way Buddhist insight and meaning was brought out within an entertaining story, so much so at the end of the book it felt intuitive for me to buy the recomended 'Magitian of Lhasa'........and what wonderfully thought provoking and engaging read it has proved to be. Having read the reviews in retrospect it is unsurprising to see the positive comments that have been written - it is also good to see no spoilers too as after all this a thrilker, albeit a thriller with useful Buddhist insights and meaning! like others I've found it hard to put the book down as I became so engaged in the parallel plots, especially towards the end - I feel exhausted now but a little more enlightened, the exhausting due to cognative effects of suffering from ME, and further enlightened thanks to David's writing. I am learning that as a result of my condition I have recently been given the opportunity of having more time to be more mindful in life, of my actions that will effect the happiness of others, and attitude I choose to adopt towards events in my life. 'Dont think too much", buy this book and you will enjoy it!

The Dalai Lama's Cat
The Dalai Lama's Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully simple, meaningful and enjoyable read, 23 Aug 2013
I bought this book having an interest in the Dalai Lama and read a number of his book, however this book could be read or gifted without prior knowledge of the Dalai Lama. As per my title I think it is a wonderfully enjoyable and meaningful story, amusingly written from the perspective of being the Dalai Lamas cat. During the story some of the key philosophy tought by the Dalai Lama, such as acting with compassion and kindness towards others to achieve true happiness, is brought to life by the characters. I am presently reading this story again highlighting those meaningful phrases and enjoying the story again second time round. This book would make a lovely gift to anyone you know who has an interest in the Dalai Lama, already lives by his philosophy, someone in need of a little direction in finding happiness or fulfilment, and of course cat lovers! Enjoy

Page: 1 | 2