ARRAY(0xb5f1e8c4)

Journey to the Centre of the Earth[Illustrated]
Journey to the Centre of the Earth[Illustrated]
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars I preferred "Around The World in 80 Days", 22 Sep 2013
Sorry but I found this story a bit too long and too far fetched for my full enjoyment, but that might just be me. I really enjoyed and was entertained by "Around The World In Eighty Days". Without a doubt Jules Verne was ahead of his time in terms of his writing and foresight.

The Magician of Lhasa
The Magician of Lhasa
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully clever, thought provoking and engaging read, 14 Sep 2013
Having been given a gift voucher ahead of my holiday and having fairly recently acquired an interest in The Dalai Lana, I bought 'The Dalai Lamas Cat' as my light holiday read. I loved the way Buddhist insight and meaning was brought out within an entertaining story, so much so at the end of the book it felt intuitive for me to buy the recomended 'Magitian of Lhasa'........and what wonderfully thought provoking and engaging read it has proved to be. Having read the reviews in retrospect it is unsurprising to see the positive comments that have been written - it is also good to see no spoilers too as after all this a thrilker, albeit a thriller with useful Buddhist insights and meaning! like others I've found it hard to put the book down as I became so engaged in the parallel plots, especially towards the end - I feel exhausted now but a little more enlightened, the exhausting due to cognative effects of suffering from ME, and further enlightened thanks to David's writing. I am learning that as a result of my condition I have recently been given the opportunity of having more time to be more mindful in life, of my actions that will effect the happiness of others, and attitude I choose to adopt towards events in my life. 'Dont think too much", buy this book and you will enjoy it!

The Dalai Lama's Cat
The Dalai Lama's Cat
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully simple, meaningful and enjoyable read, 23 Aug 2013
I bought this book having an interest in the Dalai Lama and read a number of his book, however this book could be read or gifted without prior knowledge of the Dalai Lama. As per my title I think it is a wonderfully enjoyable and meaningful story, amusingly written from the perspective of being the Dalai Lamas cat. During the story some of the key philosophy tought by the Dalai Lama, such as acting with compassion and kindness towards others to achieve true happiness, is brought to life by the characters. I am presently reading this story again highlighting those meaningful phrases and enjoying the story again second time round. This book would make a lovely gift to anyone you know who has an interest in the Dalai Lama, already lives by his philosophy, someone in need of a little direction in finding happiness or fulfilment, and of course cat lovers! Enjoy

The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom
The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom
by Slavomir Rawicz
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just an escape story, it is the amazing and warming adventure that follows, 23 Aug 2011
I bought this book for my kindle following an Amazon recommendation and the review of others, and I thank them all for it. Without a doubt it is one of the most engaging books that I have recead of recent - I have CFS / ME which challenges my ability to read, however, I found this book an easy and motivating read. The author should be praised for his courage, resolve, humility, courage, and his sheer determination - another 7 Years in Tibet, if you haven't read that book then you must buy it! The Long Walk is more than just a great escape story, it is a real aventure. A great bargain read by someone whom we should all hold in greatest respect.