Profile for M. Gaborak > Reviews

Content by M. Gaborak

M. Gaborak "funkydude" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Oralmedic Mouth Ulcer Treatment - 2 x 0.2ml
Oralmedic Mouth Ulcer Treatment - 2 x 0.2ml
Offered by NHL Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 July 2013
This really works. yes it does sting but its worth the pain for a minute for the intense relief later. Why is it so hard to get. its a scandal.

ALOCLAIR MOUTH ULCER SPRAY 15ML
ALOCLAIR MOUTH ULCER SPRAY 15ML
Offered by Pharmacyone

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 29 July 2013
waste of time, absolute rubbish and the instructions are very poor concerning the stupid nozzle. Very poor product get oral medic

The Limey [DVD] [1999]
The Limey [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Terence Stamp
Offered by WorldCinema

1.0 out of 5 stars I urge you to miss it, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Limey [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
My goodness what a poor film. I urge you to miss it. There s just no script or plausible plot at all and as for poor old T Stamp I ll bet his friends still hav nt stopped ribbing him about making this foolish, silly, movie. However, on another level it is actually so bad it is very, very funny, honestly. Where people are getting off on this movie and finding generous kind things to say baffles me. I love gangster films but this is infantile in the extreme
I like T Stamp, really I do , but this is no 'Get Carter' I can assure you. I would be deeply embarassed to have this in my DVD collection . You have been warned!

Valencia 3100 Full Size Classical Guitar
Valencia 3100 Full Size Classical Guitar
Offered by Rimmers Music

5.0 out of 5 stars unbeatable, 26 Jun 2012
I have been playing serious classical guitar for years and teaching for a living (see my videos on 'arfurlife' youtube) and trust me, you simply cannot go wrong with this guitar. How they make them this good for this price amazes me.Dont even think, this is a no brainer, just buy it. You will not be sorry. i could even use this on a gig. If you have more money get the Yamaha C40 but this is twice the price. There is nothing wrong with the Valencia, its a gem.

Them [2006] [DVD]
Them [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Bonamy
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars simply a masterpiece!, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Them [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I do not like gore and slasher horrors as a rule, I find them genuinely too disturbing. I do like supernatural or monster horrors which I do not have to link with the real world too much. This film falls into the first catergory and it is very disturbing to watch and it also has a punch like a mule at the end. Like many, I found it totally nerve shredding (thought I d have a heart attack in places ) but also totally engaging and absorbing. It is also extraordinarily well shot. For once I am glad I risked watching something I would normally stay away from because if I had made this film, I would be extremely proud of it. It s a difficult task, scaring people for entertainment. Not easy to pull off at all. This film does achieve this and a lot more besides, as it is very thought provoking and challenging in other ways. Not Hollywood horror but definately French class at its best. I would give this 11 out of 10 but I know it will not be everyones cup of tea.

Drive [DVD]
Drive [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Gosling
Offered by FREETIME

2.0 out of 5 stars Average b movie nothing more, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Drive [DVD] (DVD)
Simply cannot see why people are raving over this one. My mum thought Ryan Gosling came across as a bit 'gormless' and I have to say I agree. It just seems some people are determined to read stuff into this simple, basic crude tale that just aint there. Average script..(that's being kind) no need even for much acting ability although the acting is Ok ish. I actually felt embarassed for Miss Mulligan for being in it. It has a certain style, I ll grant it that much with some interesting and arty camera work but thats it, noothing else but tosh in terms of substance and I m certain this film will be forgotten very quickly and end up in bargain bins before you can blink. Watchable but not memorable and definately not intelligent or clever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2012 2:08 AM BST

Powder Blue [DVD]
Powder Blue [DVD]
Dvd ~ Forest Whitaker
Offered by Planet Games And Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Powder Blue [DVD] (DVD)
If you like strong character development, solid acting and an engaging script I strongly advise you to give this embarassing drivel a miss. Its so poor it hurts and I am baffled as to what all the positive reviews are for. Did I see a different film? trust me , file it under 'stinker' .

Darfur [DVD] [2009]
Darfur [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Billy Zane
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars simply will not do at all., 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Darfur [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I make a point of watching films like this as I believe and hope they will have an important message. How dissapointing to find what looked like a second rate media studies project from a secomd rate dead end college. I make amateur films myself and I take pride in not making the obvious stupid irritating and down right unforgivable mistakes made in this offering. After 10 minutes I felt so angry and nauseous with the annoying never ending shaky hand held footage I simply had to give up. I felt like commiting murder and atrocities myself against the film makers. Can we stop, once and for all prentending its clever and trenty and arty to have poorly shot, shaky, disjointed footage passing as narrative and story telling. Its just become a hedeous cop out for inept film making. This should have been an important film,even if shot on a low budget but for me it was an unwatchable mess which insulted my intelligence. Yes, I want it gritty and realistic, but inducing nausea is not gritty or clever or even necessary. This story is too important to tell to be let down by over arty indulgence and I cannot forgive them for it. The camera man has acheived nothing my drunk uncle fred could nt have done, except his hand might have been steadier, he would have employed decent sound men and not had so many irritating ,pointless changing shots and scenes. I was genuinely let down by the fiml makers and suggest they make Blair With 3 next.

Trailer Park Of Terror [DVD] [2008]
Trailer Park Of Terror [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Nichole Hiltz
Offered by FREETIME

1.0 out of 5 stars utterly boring!, 24 Oct 2011
I had high hopes for this film after reading the reviews but after half an hour I just could nt stan it any longer. I switched it off, threw it in the bin (honestly) and desperately looked for a decent movie to erase the memory of it. It was so poorly filmed and made and acted and scripted. Awful, dull characters who struggled in vain to inject any sense of life, believability or depth to the goddam awful script and storyline. It was so bad I felt moved to write this. I like horror. I like films. And I m forgiving if a movie has a certain style or edge. But this is just lowsy film making by untalented film makers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 12:45 PM BST

Henry's Crime [DVD]
Henry's Crime [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves

1.0 out of 5 stars give it a miss and get a decent film, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Henry's Crime [DVD] (DVD)
I liked the sound of this film and had very high hopes looking at the excellent cast. But alas, it was mind numbingly boring in terms of plot, script and lack of character development. I felt embarrassed I had selected it for my good lady to watch and expressed my high expectations before pressing the play button. Wooden performances abounded and good acters tried desperately to hide their own frustration woth a shocking script and stupid plot which was so predictable it actually hurt. I hate being hard on films as I love em so much and always try to find something good about them but the only good thing I can say about this film was the camera work was pretty decent....and that's it! Utterly wretched, boring and lacking even the slightest spark of originality and creativity that might have saved it from the oblivion it is surely heading for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3