Profile for Thomas Edwards > Reviews

Content by Thomas Edwards

Thomas Edwards (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TeckNet® High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles
Offered by Hippidion.Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 1 Jan. 2016
Mostly great considering the price, but the scroll wheel is now sticking after 6 months and it's not very easy to open and clean.

ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever
ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever
by David Heinemeier Hansson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Jan. 2011
I'm going to keep this review in the style of this book, short and to the point. It's brilliant. Buy it now.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC DVD)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by marxwax

1.0 out of 5 stars Embarrassingly sexist, 9 Jan. 2009
The game play is much like most other C&C games and it's quite good fun. There isn't really anything new or interesting to play with, it's all variations on a theme. A lot of people enjoyed Red Alert, which is probably why EA have tried to make a new version, but in making a new version based on the original, they've almost made the same game - but with the graphics from Generals.

However, my biggest gripe is the embarrassingly sexist videos. There's so much cleavage and leg showing I am confused to whether it's a game or a show. I like the way they've chosen British voices, but they got a Brummie. As much as I love Birmingham, I can't take a command of 'errp riva' seriously in a war game, especially from a blonde, cleavage-showing, no-trousers-wearing Brummie.

I'd be embarrassed to play this game if there were other people around.

Rail Simulator (PC DVD)
Rail Simulator (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor at best, 16 July 2008
I bought this game when it first arrived, for much more than it is now and it still isn't finished. It is littered in bugs and inaccuracies. Trying to make new routes is nearly impossible, and not helped by a lack of any proper manuals. The software provided is so poor, many Train Sim fans have reverted to making their own 3rd party software, which comes with even less support and you end up copying files all over your hard drive and downloading extra DLL files just to make a hill.

Don't waste your money. Wait for Train Simulator 2 in 2009.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2009 8:40 PM GMT

Live on Brighton Beach
Live on Brighton Beach
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

4.0 out of 5 stars It grows, 19 April 2007
This review is from: Live on Brighton Beach (Audio CD)
I bought this album in 2004 and when I first bought it I didn't think all that much of it. Now, a few years later I've progressed from CDs. iTunes is telling me it's one of my most played albums. It seems that when I just want to listen to some good tunes, mixed well - this is where I go. It's not amazing, but it certainly grows on you.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a MP3 player, 19 April 2007
Two main things stop this from being a great phone.

First, you have to use their headphones. I have a great pair of headphones which are light, comfy and great to listen to music on. I hate using silly little earbud things. It needs a headphones port.

Secondly, an appalling lack of memory. It comes with a tiny little amount of memory on an SD card, enough for about 50 songs. Really, you need more than 4GB to hold a decent music collection. That'll cost you almost the cost of the phone again.

For the price, it's a bit ridiculous. It's just a normal LG phone with a fancy interface and a fancy logo.

Apple Wireless Keyboard (White) - Bluetooth
Apple Wireless Keyboard (White) - Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Best keyboard ever, 26 Mar. 2007
I've just realised that my Apple Wireless Keyboard is nearly four years old. I've changed the batteries twice in that time, using it pretty much daily.

It's by far the best keyboard avalible, if only for it's small footprint. Look at every other keyboard. Look at the huge bevel around the edge, look how much space it takes up on the desk and look how the crappy little stands that fold out on the back break so easily.

Now look at Apple's design. It's pefectly positioned for typing, it uses no more space than a keyboard should and with the wires gone, it gives you great freedom. Makes such a difference to your desk.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2008 4:06 PM BST

Apple iMac MA456B/A, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB, 250GB, 24"W TFT, SuperDrive
Apple iMac MA456B/A, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB, 250GB, 24"W TFT, SuperDrive

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just beautiful, 7 Feb. 2007
I recieved this a week ago and I'm still stunned. It's beautiful, simple, ever so quiet, has everything you need, a gorgeous screen, great software, very fast processor and costs little extra over a Dell or HP. That cost alone is made up with iLife - something that would cost hundreds of pounds when buying a Windows PC.

If you're thinking of buying it, just buy it. Just do it. Don't even think about buying anything else. Easily the best computer I've ever owned. It's just beautiful.

Epson Stylus DX6000 Multifunction Printer
Epson Stylus DX6000 Multifunction Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Good to start with... but the ink must be draining out, 6 Feb. 2007
I originally wrote a 4-start review for this printer, being quite impressed with it to start with. The user interface is better than old Epsoms, but still a little clumsy.

However, I must have only printed about 200 pages and I've run out of black ink. That's pretty poor. My old HP would do 1000 pages before it would start winging.

This printer was bundled with my new computer, so I'm not too upset. But I sure wouldn't buy it with my own money. You can get priners that have much longer lasting ink cartridges, with the same features and for almost half as much.

Forrest Gump (2 Disc Special Collector's Edition) [1994] [DVD]
Forrest Gump (2 Disc Special Collector's Edition) [1994] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by scaddingk

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another, 24 May 2006
Wonderful film - as most of the 44 other reviews so far say! 5 stars for the DVD, as the special features are very interesting and obviously the film is wonderful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3