Profile for night_dragon37 > Reviews

Wishmaster
Wishmaster
Price: 19.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightwish's best album., 2 Dec 2005
This review is from: Wishmaster (Audio CD)
I fell in love with Nightwish completely in the opening seconds of 'She Is My Sin', the opening track of this album. I'd been intrugied by them previously, particuarly as at that time in my life, metal bands fronted by classically trained opera singers were somewhat new to me. The word that springs to my mind whenever I think of this album, and it may sound cliched, but it is 'magical'.
OK OK, I am gushing a little. But this album is excellent from start to finish. Every track is of a very high quality. Unlike many (most, in fact) albums, there are no tracks on Wishmaster that I feel inclined to skip. It feels a crime to skip a track when listening to Wishmaster.
Personal highlights here: The opening track, being classic Nightwish-by-numbers (and that's not a bad thing!), the opening of 'Deep Silent Complete', the haunting beauty of Tarja's vocals in 'Dead Boy's Poem', and the interlude/flute solo in 'FantasMic'.
A lot of people seem to have got into Nightwish recently with the commercial success of 'Once' and 'Century Child'. Well, if you like those albums, Wishmaster is certainly for you. Highly recommended!