Profile for Tech Ace > Reviews

Content by Tech Ace

Tech Ace

[FDA & CE Approved]Morpilot® Digital Thermometer read from Forehead & Eardrum Dual Mode with no physical contact infrared method for Adult and Child Medical Quality Fast 1 second Instant fever detection and Accurate measurement 20 Memory Recall Safe and Hygienic(Blue)
Offered by MatrixSight

5.0 out of 5 stars The ergonomics are brilliant, easy to grip and very comfortable, 4 Jan. 2016
I recently bought this product as my daughters currently have been ill and wanted to monitor their temperature. The product works straight out of the box. The ergonomics are brilliant, easy to grip and very comfortable. Feels like a good quality product.

*****In Practice*****
With my daughters being so young (22 Months and the other is 6 Weeks old), it is important that the thermometer has quick and accurate temperature. As it says in the description the product gives a reading within 0.5~ seconds which is great as children don't like to be sat still when ill. The backlit display is a handy feature to have when monitoring the children's temperatures at night. It stays on long enough to read the temperature but not the smiley face indicator. Happy Face = Temperature Normal, Sad Face = Temperature high.

*****PROS****
Fast and accurate temperature recordings
Quality build product
Comfortable to hold
Backlit display

*****CONS*****
Back light doesn't seem to stay on long enough to see the smiley face indicator.

2 X Travel Plug UK Shaver Adaptor/Plug Compatible With Shaver,Toothbrush,Continental - Lifetime Warranty
Offered by ShaniTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 Jan. 2016
Handy little product with a great price. I use this for my electric razor and have no problems at all.

Remington PR1250 Power Series Rotary Shaver
Remington PR1250 Power Series Rotary Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 4 Jan. 2016
I recently decided to purchase an electric razor instead of paying around £25 per month for replacement heads on my branded manual shaver. I am happy with the investment I made in this product.

From personal experience and taking advice from other guides, I would use the shaver daily to help your skin get used to the new razor as the irritation was bad when I first used it. The irritation went within a couple of days using the shaver.Get some aftershave balm to help you through the irritation of the first few days though! You would also need to buy a plug adapter to fit the UK 3 prong normal socket as this product only comes with the standard 2 prong plug.

When shaving it doesn't seem to give a close shave as my manual razor produces. It could be that I am still getting use to using an electric razor but I get left with the tiniest stubble hairs.

Overall great product and good value for money.

******PROS*****
Easy to use
Sideburn Trimmer - Always a plus
Quick and Easy to clean
Cordless
Battery Life lasts around 4 weeks using daily

*****CONS*****
Doesn't appear to give a close shave as a manual razor
Doesn't come with a 3 prong plug adapter

Samsung S22B300HS 21.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING Monitor, 9 Oct. 2013
I treated myself to this monitor as I was tired of having weird resolutions as I was using my TV as a monitor. You can definitely tell the difference. HD resolution, Perfect for gaming, design and video editing. I have used it for all of these and it has never failed me. I can recommend this product 100%. The only trouble I have is that it gets dusty so quickly as its glossy, but that is what you get for wanting things that look good.

Duronic HDC2 Small Black EVA Case for External Portable Hard Drive - Suitable for WD/western digital/Toshiba/Buffalo/Hitachi/Seagate/Samsung + More
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 9 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my Hitachi External HDD. I was using the original box my HDD came in but it became flimsy after using it so often. I came across this case and decided to give it a go and it works perfectly. It has seen me through university and the mesh pocket fits my HDD wire and a couple of USB sticks in so everything is together. I can 100% recommend this.

Samsung BD-F5500 3D Network Blu-ray and DVD Player
Samsung BD-F5500 3D Network Blu-ray and DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of home entertainment kit!, 9 Oct. 2013
I chose this as I have decided to go PC gaming and sold my 360 as I was using it as a DVD player mostly. I chose this model as I didn't need the model above with internal storage or wifi connectivity as it is in the same room as my router so a wire is fine, which saves me £50~. Like the title states it is an amazing piece of equipment and I am glad I bought it. I can only pick out bad points if I am being very picky. The first is that it didn't come with a HDMI cable. I know that is being extremely picky but I would personally expect it after paying so much for this and with it being a TOP brand they could provide the cable, (but the did supply batteries for the remote at least). The last bad point I find is just the design of the interface. Being a designer it is in my nature to be picky about these sort of things but again it is me being a bit more expectant of the brand. The interface is functional and you only use it to navigate to what what you want, be it on your External Hard-drive or you DVD/BR-DVD. But it still wouldn't hurt to look pretty.

Anyhow hope this helps.

Pros:
Non intrusive lighting,
Touch Buttons.
Amazingly light weight, I thought that the box was empty!

Cons:
Menu graphics are not designed well (me being picky, I know)
Didn't come with a HDMI Lead - I know that it is not a biggie but I would have thought a big brand would be able to supply such an import piece, especially paying a considerable amount for it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 9:12 PM GMT

OtterBox Screen Protectors for iPhone 3G / 3GS - 3 Pack
OtterBox Screen Protectors for iPhone 3G / 3GS - 3 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protectors, 5 Mar. 2011
I use this on my iPhone and they work great, the only thing is trying to line them up perfectly. So if you're a perfectionist take your time to apply it. This product works great with the OtterBox Impact case which I also own.

Great Buy,

Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript
Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript
by Robin Nixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 5 Mar. 2011
I've been wanting to learn php but I have to wait until my second year at university until we work on advanced websites. This book is simple to follow and helps you understand everything about PHP, MySQL and JavaScript just as the title suggests. It also helps you understand how these separate coding languages come together to build a single website and how they compliment each other. I am extremely pleased with the book. Also the book covers all operating systems such as windows, mac and linux and all programs used in the examples of the book are all open-source which means they're free and therefore don't have to spend more money while you're learning. Great buy!

Hope this review helps,