Profile for Mr. Paul S. Lyons > Reviews

Content by Mr. Paul S. Lyons

Mr. Paul S. Lyons "leo" (folkestone, UK)

Ilo Lympia (live) (CD & Blu-Ray set)
Ilo Lympia (live) (CD & Blu-Ray set)
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BluRay not DVD, 2 Mar 2013
I echo the warning of the reviewer above. This is a CD and BluRay set. I do not have a BluRay player so cannot play it and it will have to be returned. It cannot be too difficult to get this sort of thing right can it? Disappointing service from Amazon. However Camille as ever is superb and I heartily recommend this package - as long as you have a BluRay player (whatever that is)

La Llorona
La Llorona
Price: 6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic CD but won't play on my PC, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic - an absolute classic. Great songs, great vocals and great percussion.But it will not play on my computer's CD-Rom. Or rather it will play but sounds as if it is being listened to through a very crackly paper bag. Plays fine on my hi-fi and in my car . All my other CDs play fine on the computer. I am guessing there is some weird copy protection on it. Very annoying as I listen to music a lot when working on the PC and I have bought the damn thing!

Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Offered by Online Pet Doors
Price: 65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but no match for next door's tomcat, 20 July 2011
Although our two cats have taken a long time - about six weeks to get comfortable with using the flap I am impressed by the technology and the robust build. Unfortunately the click of the catch opening when the cats put their heads in the tunnel scares them and they then withdraw and the flap locks again. They don't mind using the flap if the batteries are out! Anyway they have just about got it now. But.....

This morning the reason we bought this product, namely Elvis, next door's tom cat, cracked it. Not literally but he worked out how to get in without the right credentials. He hooks a claw into the edge of the flap and pulls it towards himself until he can get his head under it and then crawls straight in. In through the out door so to speak. We thought Elvis had left the building - but he is back.

I still think this is a good product but maybe we do need one that locks in both directions. I don't think there can be many cats as tenacious as Elvis but unfortunatley he has proved that the Sureflap is not impenetrable to a determined and intelligent intruder.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2011 9:45 AM BST

Big World For A Little Man
Big World For A Little Man
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing he has ever done, 31 Aug 2010
Although I have to confess an involvement with this album - I took the photographs - I honestly think it is excellent. Have known Ray for many years and although I had an affection for the Fools stuff and they were great live, I never really thought they captured the real Ray on vinyl. This recording definitely does. It's noisy, poignant, uplifting, intimate, funny and sad by turns. Beautifully performed and beautifully produced (by the Wonderstuff's Miles Hunt). Erica's violin is also an amazing contribution. There is a mini-film that accompanies the track Old Man in Young Man's shoes. Find a link to it on Ray's website or search for it on vimeo.

This is a great record - go buy it. Oh and just in case you had the thought - I do not get a share of the profits!

A great album - go get it!