22 of 25 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Cracking Piece of Kit, 28 Feb 2012
I bought this juicer with the aim of it helping me fulfill a NY resolution to reduce the amount of fruit and veg i throw out and to improve my diet and overall well being ( i suffer from depression and anxiety and go through phases of over eating or not eating so the aim of a good diet is a must:-) ) .
So far i have achieved the original aim and the juicer is in action every other day making light work of anything thats put in it. The book that comes along with it by Jason Vale is a good inspiration and i have already been experimenting with my own simple recipes. The first juice of the day is a real pick me up, filling and refreshing and maybe just maybe i might try the detox programme ......
The juicer itself is simple in design and easy to dismantle to clean & reassemble and only the sections it uses get dirty . Its quiet and efficient and there is something quite fascinating about watching it make light work of fruit and dispensing a refreshing juice.
I have no criticisms of this product however my words of advice based on experience to any other prospective users are the following -
1) If making a load of juices for a couple of days , buy some decent screw top containers as juices settle in fridge so need a good shake before consumption.
2) Be organised on your kitchen space and do a load of juicing at once to make most of the machine - if you dont have a dishwasher like me , make sure you keep the sink clear so you can clean the machine immediately after use - its just good discipline and a lot easier.
3) Invest in a small silicon spatula as this is great for scooping out the dry pulp out of the efficient collector rather than using your hands.
4) Citrus fruits do need peeled as they leave a bitter taste but a good knife makes depeeling a pleasure. If you do juice with peel on try mixing a little honey in resulting juice to placate the bitterness depending on your taste.
5) Alot of the recipes use fresh slice of pineapple which isnt always the feasible - i found that decent tinned pineapple slices worked just as well :-)
I hope the review will help any other prospective buyers as the other reviews on Amazon site helped me - its a great product and well worth the investment . Happy juicing.