Profile for Cathy Jones > Reviews

Content by Cathy Jones

Cathy Jones "Wales Forever" (Crewe, Cheshire)

Page: 1 | 2
LeapFrog Brightlings Stackers
LeapFrog Brightlings Stackers

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 31 Dec. 2008
Your child will be bored in seconds. It is only the bottom that lights up, the stackers are small and so easy to lose and DON'T light up. Once your child has stacked them the only thing they would find fun out of this would be at chucking it at your head or t.v Please the toy is a NO NO especially if your babba is young it is just as boring as hell. They would have more fun watching paint dry.

A waste of money I am sorry to say.

Learn to Speak GREEK with PERFECT RECALL (2 CDs & book)
Learn to Speak GREEK with PERFECT RECALL (2 CDs & book)
by Perfect Recall Systems

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE!, 31 Dec. 2008
When people say great for beginners, well this is great for kids to laugh at the accent and that is about it. The "workbook" that comes with it is a poor excuse and I certainly would not class as a work book. You only learn silly sentences that will be of no use to you. Most of the CD just goes on about the difference between a verb and adverb and all that in Greek but does not help much on the front of actually learning something valuable. I didn't like it, was very bored and learned naff all from it apart from "carpe diem" and I think everyone knows that one. "live life for the day" or something like that... see!!! it can't even learn you the basics.

PLEASE I BEG YOU IF YOU ARE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING TO LEARN GREEK "PROPERLY!!" DO NOT BUY THIS IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY, IT WAS A WASTE OF MY MONEY AND REALLY BAD.

Oh and the workbook was a minisclue tiny little leaflet/pocketbook of garbage you would need a microscrope to read. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY OF THIS COLLECTION. I WON'T BE AGAIN.

The Fairytale Tarot
The Fairytale Tarot
by Karen Mahony

3.0 out of 5 stars A Miss Print, 26 Dec. 2007
This review is from: The Fairytale Tarot (Paperback)
I am not sure whether it was just my pack (lucky me!) but I got these as a present for christmas and I was blown over by them. I got the book and the cards in a set and as people know there is a re-write of the ten of coins, but in my book the suit of coins in my book goes up to eight misses out nine and the repeats the suit of coins two to eight all over again without even mentioning the court cards to the coins either. I was extremely upset and not knowing who to contact about it I had to just leave it I was not very happy at all. I don't think it could be just a miss print on just my book either so be careful when buying these if you actually want to know what they all mean. If you are buying them just for the art and the cards then go for it, it is a beautiful deck, but when it comes to the paperback printed with them, then it is a complete and utter let down.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2009 8:38 PM GMT

Again the Magic
Again the Magic
by Lisa Kleypas

5.0 out of 5 stars Agreeing with sian!!, 30 Aug. 2007
I could not put the review better that the review done by sian!! Mckenna is brilliant supurb, so understandable!! and you definately think just tell him alline its so obvious he loves you, but she has to leave it to the last minute!! The gideon Shaw story was even better!! like to brilliant books in one well done Lisa!!

Worth Any Price (Avon Historical Romance)
Worth Any Price (Avon Historical Romance)
by Lisa Kleypas
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all... IT'S WORTH ANY PRICE AND TIME!, 30 Aug. 2007
I absolutely love this book, this is my favourite one on my entire bookcase of novels!! I have read it over and over again and I love it! Nick Gentry is portrayed wonderfully, starting out coldhearted and careless sent by an controlling man to fetch the Lady Charlotte back to his fingers and Nick is more than willing, till he meets the lady in question. To how she falls for him to find out his betrayal of her and her saftey to him slowly showing his feelings and rescuing her from her nightmare and show his redemtion to her and even show his love for her in a great thrilling way. I have no complaints what so ever about this book. You can really feel there love blossoming and it doesn't feel rushed in anyway or unrealistic it truely is wonderful. Nick exactly is the man you want to sweep the lady up he is not full of himself and has his human faults, as does she, it is fully believable and the best love story of all times. Down to the kiss the touch the things said to each other and the love scenes!! abosolutely supurb!!

A Lady of Expectations
A Lady of Expectations
by Stephanie Laurens

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't have Big Expectations on this book, 30 Aug. 2007
Its not one of the best books Stephanie Laurens has ever written, the start of this book is very slow starting and the man/hero/main charater whatever seems very arrogant and full of himself which doesn't make you want him to get the girl really so which kind of breaks the plot and the want to read further but if you can get pass that (which I did with a few trys,) it turned out not that bad if only for the fact that after you have read it, it feels like as if you have just read one of stephanies not so really hard thought on plots. The story is of Jack Lester who has to find a bride . . .

She has to be attractive, kind, a good conversationalist . . . and more important, she has to accept him as he is: devilishly handsome, charming and, as far as anyone knows, poor as a church mouse! If London society discovers his hidden wealth, he'll never find the right wife.

Jack's heart races when he first lays eyes on Sophie Winterton. She is everything he desires -- and more -- but he is caught in his own trap. Believing that Jack needs to marry into wealth, Sophie rejects all his advances, certain he would never marry a poor girl like her. As they play out a game of cat and mouse, can Jack convince her that she is the woman he wants -- and that he is the husband she deserves? like I say slight arrogance threw out.

The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B
The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B
by Sandra Gulland

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper Heroine of the times!!, 30 Aug. 2007
I absolutely loved this book, and egarly searched all of chesters shops to find the other two in stalments which I have now purchased thanks to the wonderful Amazon!!

This book is set out in diary form DO NOT let this put you off, it is like Lady Josephine is telling you the story herself. It is wonderfully insightful into the French Revolution and how she coped with it. The famous "real" characters you feel you are actually getting to know like making a relationship with a famous person you admire. The book is an exceptional hooker!! page after page something happens that makes you read more wondering what will happen to her, which I assure you, you will come to love her. From her struggles of her first marriage to Alexander and their loveless ups and downs, her imprisonment to meeting her Napoleon, who I might add is honestly described, Sandra does not once force her opinions on the you.

Please read it, its such a wonderful book and I can say got me very interested in the French Revolution. It will be time well spent reading this!!! Well done Sandra Gulland!

On A Wild Night: Number 9 in series (Bar Cynster)
On A Wild Night: Number 9 in series (Bar Cynster)
by Stephanie Laurens

4.0 out of 5 stars What a Wild Book, 30 Aug. 2007
This was the very first book I read of Miss Laurens, and I was stuck to every page. Since I bought this book I got addicted to her writing and bought millions since. On a wild Night partner to On a wild Dawn is the story of Lady Amanda Cynster who is utterly bored by the current crop of colorless suitors. Determined to take matters into her own hands, one night she shockingly goes where no respectable lady ever should, but where many an intriguing gentleman might be found.

But titillating excitement quickly turns to panic when Amanda discovers she's quite out of her depth. She looks around for help -- and is unexpectedly rescued by the Earl of Dexter. Lean, sensuous, and mysterious, he has delayed re-entering society, preferring instead a more interesting existence on its fringes.

He's the boldly passionate gentleman Amanda has been searching for, but although his very touch makes it clear he's willing to educate her in the art of love, Amanda has to wonder if such a masterful, lionized rake can be sufficiently tamed into the ways of marriage and find out why such a man is living on the fringes in the fisrt place.

Yes this plot may sound dull but trust me it hides some very interesting and book gripping plots read it, it doesn't disappoint.

Page: 1 | 2