Profile for alisonontour > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ocean Avenue Acoustic
Ocean Avenue Acoustic

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be my favourite, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ocean Avenue Acoustic (Audio CD)
Bought this because I was going to the Ocean Avenue concert. Loved the show and consequently now love the album.

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
Offered by Super-bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipient loved it, 14 Feb 2014
As I can no longer use the argument that my son is not old enough for this game I agreed to buy it as a Christmas present. He loved it. I was impressed by graphics and even got sucked into watching - clearly need a hobby! I can only take so much of the dialogue but I am not part of the target demographic:(

PERFECT 35 INSTANTANEOUS UNDER SINK WATER HEATER 3.5KW
PERFECT 35 INSTANTANEOUS UNDER SINK WATER HEATER 3.5KW
Offered by waterheater-shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm not hot, 14 Feb 2014
I chose this based on physical size and the amount of current it uses (I am sure there is a proper name for that but the electrician said I couldn't have the 5Kw version). It is very compact and fits nicely in the very small cupboard unit under the basin. The water comes out warm and is fine for handwashing. I think the 5Kw would produce more satisfyingly warm/hot water. Neither the electrician nor the plumber made any adverse comments while fitting it. It arrived much quicker than I was expecting which was a bonus.

Moon Utah (Moon Handbooks)
Moon Utah (Moon Handbooks)
by McRae

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly rose tinted?, 28 Jan 2013
This is a useful overview of Utah. The descriptive stuff is quite good. However, I think it (or some of it) was written by someone wearing rose tinted spectacles. I elected to visit one town on the strength of the guidebook entry and was disappointed - I think some indication that it wasn't worth a detour would have been helpful. I have found the brief descriptions of trails useful to decide which ones to investigate further.The copy I have was printed in May 2011 and I first used it in September 2012 so opening times etc need to be checked before visiting.

POWER HOUSE- Genuine HP Laptop Battery for HP Notebook PC G4 G6 G7 G32 G42 G62 G72, Envy 17, Pavilion DM4 DV3-4000 DV5-2000 DV6-3000 DV7-4000 Series, fits MU06 593553-001 WD548AA HSTNN-178C HSTNN-179C HSTNN-181C- 1 YEAR WARRANTY
Offered by ShizaltaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal at a very good price, 28 Jan 2013
When the original battery in my laptop died after only 18 months I was upset and to add insult to injury the price to get a new from hp was outrageous. I was very pleased to find this one. It arrived within the promised timescale and, after about 3 weeks, all is still good.

The Lost Girl Orange Penguin Card Holder
The Lost Girl Orange Penguin Card Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars My lost girl lost her card holder, 28 Jan 2013
So this was a replacement for a much loved card holder. It is good quality and durable. Just don't expect it to find it's own way home - smile.

Hopper l'expo
Hopper l'expo
by Didier Ottinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain for exhibition catalogue, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hopper l'expo (Paperback)
This was a real bargain compared to the full exhibition catalogue. The reproductions are decent though I think the ones in the full size version (which I have looked in since) are better - as they should be for about 3 times the price. It is a good reminder of the exhibition for a very reasonable price.

Fellowes Bankers Box System Desktop Sorter
Fellowes Bankers Box System Desktop Sorter

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tidy cupboard, 28 Jan 2013
This was easy to assemble and is robust. It came in a very large box even though it arrived flat. The slots are a little bigger than A4 size. I have American 8.5 x 11 paper in one. It also takes A4 sheets of labels still in their box. I have tried A4 punched pockets in one slot and they fitted fine. The plastic strips which fit across the front of the slots provide rigidity and are easy to label. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

The North Face Base Camp Duffel (Large - 90 litres) -
The North Face Base Camp Duffel (Large - 90 litres) -

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough for American Airlines, 11 Nov 2012
I bought this mainly because of the option to carry it as a backpack. I was worried the backpack straps might fall foul of airline baggage handling but, after 5 flights, all is still well. I was given a tip to tighten the straps as much as possible and tuck in all the extra length so there is less chance of it getting caught. This is a bit of a pain but I think it is worth the effort. Why the dig at American Airlines in the title? I don't usually fly with them because of the 2 wrecked bags in the past. This bag survived 2 AA flights and came up smiling. The bag is very capacious and I can fit way more into it than I can carry. Mine is bright purple so it is easy to spot on the luggage carousel. So far, it has always come off the plane really quickly but I think that is just co-incidence.

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Travel Liner with Pillow Insert
Sea to Summit Premium Silk Travel Liner with Pillow Insert

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 11 Nov 2012
I did wonder how well this was going to work as I had read some reviews about these liners not standing up well to everyday use. I have used mine about 15 times so far and all is well. A couple of nights were really warm and I used the liner on its own. The rest of the time I used it inside a sleeping bag. I did find it a bit tricky to get into in the dark. It is nice and long plus there is a pocket for a pillow (rolled up clothing in my case). I would be loath to stick it in a commercial washing machine because the fabric is thin but I have put it in the machine at home. On a longer trip I think it would dry so quickly it could be washed out by hand if necessary.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3