Profile for Chris > Reviews

Frae My Ain Countrie
Frae My Ain Countrie
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely collection of songs., 1 May 2014
Quite superb. A good collection of ballads sung with immense care and expression. Understated and a great example of folk music that is about preserving the beauty of the material, rather than the modern idiom of providing a musical hall experience!

Windward Away
Windward Away
Price: 11.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good and engaging, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Windward Away (Audio CD)
Having somehow lost my original copy, I was please to find this one. I'm more than pleased with it, being a confirmed fan of Archie's work.

LOCKING PETROL FUEL CAP for FIAT PANDA 10/2003 on
LOCKING PETROL FUEL CAP for FIAT PANDA 10/2003 on
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories
Price: 11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and does the job well., 1 May 2014
I fitted the cap earlier in the week and was pleased by the straightforward and simple fit. I am now more comfortable about the thought of petrol being syphoned off and petrol slopping out.

The Wandering Falcon
The Wandering Falcon
by Jamil Ahmad
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A most enjoyable and fluent read., 1 May 2014
This review is from: The Wandering Falcon (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and found it very comfortable, with excellent description of the characters. Pity I cannot seem to find other work by the same author.

In Other Rooms, Other Wonders
In Other Rooms, Other Wonders
by Daniyal Mueenuddin
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and a comfortable read., 1 May 2014
I am in the process of reading this book and am pleased by the feel of the writing, such that I am sorry that I cannot trace other books by the same author.

Season of the Rainbirds
Season of the Rainbirds
by Nadeem Aslam
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Intense and requiring concentration., 1 May 2014
I have read other books by this author and found it quite difficult to stay with and extract the story from the intense style.

Philips HD4646/75 Daily Collection Kettle - White Plastic/ Blue accents
Philips HD4646/75 Daily Collection Kettle - White Plastic/ Blue accents
Offered by Topnotchsales
Price: 24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and does the job., 1 May 2014
When my old kettle became indifferent about whether it would agree to turn on, I decided to replace it with another Philip's kettle, but with a more attractive appearance. It works extremely well and I have been pleased with the performance, such that I use it automatically without giving any thought to failure!

Soldiers and Dreams (US Import)
Soldiers and Dreams (US Import)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good example of her early work, 9 April 2014
I am impressed by Aoife's singing with Cherish The Ladies; they never seem as good without her. This is an early example of her work and while it is good, it is not entirely of the standard of her eventual work with Cherish The Ladies.

VonHaus Bamboo Portable Folding Computer Laptop PC Notebook Bed Table with Drawer

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and right for me., 9 April 2014
I am one of those people that is not comfortable sitting down to type on my laptop. This little table allows me to use my laptop standing and to move around easily while I'm working in the lounge and kitchen. Just right for me.

The Frappin' and Ramblin' Pete Morton
The Frappin' and Ramblin' Pete Morton
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and incisive, 28 Feb 2014
I have always enjoyed Pete's perceptive writing and clear delivery. This album continues the high standard of his previous albums.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8