Profile for Silk > Reviews

Squirrel Buster Mini Bird Feeder
Squirrel Buster Mini Bird Feeder
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirrels are foiled at last, 15 July 2014
The small birds simply love this feeder. The squirrels, on the other hand, hate it. They have tried every which way to get at the seeds but have unceremoniously failed to every time. l think this must be the only truly squirrel proof bird feeder I know of and would definitely recommend.
It is important to place the feeder on a branch which is a good few feet from the tree trunk and other branches to prevent squirrels from reaching it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The brandy biltong tastes sublime, 11 May 2014
This is definitely the tastiest biltong I have bought online, and I have tried several sources. It's also not as dry as some of it's competitors although the quality of meat is of the same top quality. The Brandy flavour is unusual but delicious.

I bought 500g of the medium consistency which was perfect. The only drawback is that it is more expensive than other suppliers although I am pleased to see that St Marcus are now trading slightly cheaper on eBay, and I have already placed on order for a kg of Original with fat. I look forward to seeing other flavours on eBay soon.

Bosch 50 Piece X-Line Accessory Set
Bosch 50 Piece X-Line Accessory Set
Price: 15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality drill bits, 1 May 2014
The actual drill bits are not of the same quality as the individually bought Bosch ones. Some lasted a little longer whilst others did not last at all and had to be replaced immediately with new, better quality one's - also Bosch. The container though is very useful in keeping them all together.

Brother Original TN2220 Black Toner TN2220
Brother Original TN2220 Black Toner TN2220
Price: 47.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - works well, 1 May 2014
I have been using this in my printer for a few months now and have no complaints so far. I am hoping it will last as long as my previous cartridge which came with the printer. I would recommend this seller.

aLLreli Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Ultra Slim / Light Case Wallet Cover Leather (PU) Brown - N9000 N9005 16GB 32GB Smart Book Protective Magnetic Folio Flip Case
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 May 2014
I use this cover on my phone every time I leave the house. The magnet does not interfere with the phone at all on this particular cover. It does make it awkward when using the camera but this is a minor niggle. Would recommend.

Woodstock Chimes Seven Stones Large Chakra Chimes
Woodstock Chimes Seven Stones Large Chakra Chimes
Price: 36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound, 1 May 2014
This has been one of my best buys. It gives me so much pleasure. The sound of the chimes are so calming and it's beautifully made. A great sounding chime and top quality product. Because of the weight of the chimes, it does need to be in a windy, and not protected, location. Would highly recommend.

Extra Select Sunflower Hearts 12.75 Kg
Extra Select Sunflower Hearts 12.75 Kg
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love these sunflower hearts, 1 May 2014
Excellent quality birdfeed for small birds. It even smells fresh and tasty. I would highly recommend both the product and the seller. It arrived promptly and well packaged in a large, strong, clear plastic bag. I fill a tall glass by submerging it into the seeds and then pour them into the bird feeder.... so simple and much cheaper buying in bulk.

100% Cotton Bedside / Hallway Multi Colour Runner Rug, Handmade Flat Weave Indian Dhurrie Rug. Product #117

1.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't lasted..., 6 Feb 2014
I have mixed feelings about this runner. I really want to like it but I can't. I took so much time to choose the right colour, which I love, but the runner hasn't lasted. It is thinner than I thought and one can feel the cold from the tiled kitchen floor beneath my feet. It slips around whilst my other handmade cotton rugs (which are much smaller although thicker) do not. My other handmade cotton rugs which I have used in my kitchen for years in the hope I would find the right runner, have been through countess washes and tumble dried throughout the years without any deterioration and still look fantastic.

This runner did not last one wash without coming apart in the middle. I could not take the risk of tumble drying it like my other cotton rugs as it is just too fine (or faulty?). Because the edges are uneven, the width of this runner is 54.5cm in places and 55cm in others.

I am outside of the warrantee period so it appears I cannot return it (unless the seller gets in touch to resolve this) and, unfortunately, could not contact the seller sooner for health reasons. I am extremely disappointed in the quality but cannot fault the colours as they are original and suited my decor, and it arrived quickly and well packaged which earns a star.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2014 1:22 AM BST

Hahn S Hook, Pack of 6
Hahn S Hook, Pack of 6
Offered by Colanders
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars For pots and pans, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Hahn S Hook, Pack of 6 (Misc.)
These are exactly the same large, strong hooks which came with the 'Hahn Wall Rack Half Round Chrome' which I bought some weeks ago.

Couldn't be happier with this purchase!

Andrew James 5 Tier Spice / Herb Rack Wall Mountable or Kitchen Cupboard Storage
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 27.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits more of one brand than others, 29 Nov 2013
Excellent quality item with masonry and wood screws included. The reason I dropped a star is because it seems to cater mainly for Schwartz spices and herbs. One can fit 9 Schwartz bottles in each rack but 8 of any other make. Also, the rack covers the name of the spice so I have to lift it out first to see the name. This is a minor irritation but should have been considered especially as the problem lies with the Schwartz bottles which the rack mainly caters to.

Having said that, it was easy to fit inside my kitchen cupboard and has freed up two small drawers of herbs and spices which I can now use for other items.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3