Profile for FunkyRabbit > Reviews

FunkyRabbit (Yorkshire)

In The Night Garden Vehicle Assortment
In The Night Garden Vehicle Assortment

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad workmanship, 8 Nov. 2007
They should sack the overpaid pillock who designed this, my toddler could've done better. It's very simple really - if they had put the connectors on the other way up, it wouldn't come apart so easily and kids could actually move it along the floor at a reasonable speed without it breaking the chain. I have had to hide our Ninky Nonk as I'm tired of my son squealing every other second for me to fix it!

A Woman of No Importance
A Woman of No Importance
by Kate Konopicky

5.0 out of 5 stars A true tell-all about the highs and lows of parenting., 9 Jan. 2006
The beauty about this book is that you don't have to be a parent or even an aspiring parent to read it.
It is a true and honest account of one womans journey through parenthood and at times really opens your eyes to the facts.
If you're a parent you can share Konopicky's thoughts and feelings with a knowing nod, laugh, wink or even disagree with her without wanting to force your own opinions.
And if its just insight into what life with kids will be like, this book helps prepare you for the smooth and bumpy (sometimes very bumpy) rides you must be willing to take, without putting you off children for life!
If you like a chuckle, then buy this book, it's fab!

The Last Days of John Lennon
The Last Days of John Lennon
by Seaman

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving tribute., 9 Jan. 2006
I read this book years ago when it first came out and it really moved me. The author spent a very intense and intimate time with John Lennon before his death in 1980, and as an outsider looking in was honored to see things for what they were and not what the rumours made Lennon's life to be like.
When Lennon died, Frederick Seaman was as devasted as could be expected of a friend and confidante. He had done what so many others were unable to, to be truly inspired and to be truly close to the man whom so many wished to be.
This book lends the reader these personal memoirs so they too can know the truth. It's a witty, honest and very emotional journey and a must read for all who want to share in a real story about a well-loved man.
A rare gem of a book.

From Here to Maternity: One Mother of a Journey
From Here to Maternity: One Mother of a Journey
by Mel Giedroyc

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, you will not be disappointed!, 26 Aug. 2004
I immediately bought a copy of this book after reading about it in a pregnancy mag, and it never failed to impress. I knew it would be funny having spent my college days watching Lite Lunch, but this book was something else.
I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and it has been a pregnancy from hell. I was at the end of my tether when the postman brought me my copy of From Here To Maternity, but I can honestly say I haven't laughed so much at a book in all my nine months of "nightmare". Even my fiance was impressed. It'll have first-time mums relishing the down-to-earth honesty of Mel's pregnancy and labour (which is were so many baby mags fail) and it'll have the rest of us laughing through our labours. And that includes the fathers!