Profile for Wayne > Reviews

Content by Wayne

Wayne (Burghfield Common, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Startech USB 3.0 to DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Graphics Adapter with Built In 1 Port USB Hub
Price: 50.99

1.0 out of 5 stars ... is a picture on the screen then this is fine but as soon as motion is displayed is looses ..., 2 July 2014
If all you want is a picture on the screen then this is fine but as soon as motion is displayed is looses all stability. This was on a MBP retina.

Hawke Airmax 30 Side Focus 4-16x50 AMX Riflescope (HK6152)
Hawke Airmax 30 Side Focus 4-16x50 AMX Riflescope (HK6152)
Offered by Ronnie Sunshines
Price: 259.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scope. I don't use the large parallax wheel ..., 2 July 2014
Excellent scope. I don't use the large parallax wheel as it would block my magazine loading port but I use it for hunting and HFT so this is not a problem for me.

Fist of Fun - The complete series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Fist of Fun - The complete series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Price: 18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Lee and/or Herring then classic, 6 Jan 2014
Great to see the shows again - last time I saw them was when they were originally broadcast. Same they always were - as Lee and Herring say in the commentary: at least two good bits in each episode.

For me the funniest part is listening to Lee and Herring complain about the shows they made and speculate how they could have done them better - never before heard an originator's own commentary be surprised when something they made actually worked!

Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips Medium Black 3 Pairs
Comply T-400 Isolation Earphone Tips Medium Black 3 Pairs
Offered by Square IT
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Make the DENON AHW200s perfect, 6 Jan 2014
I bought a set of DENON AHW200 bluetooth headphones and was devastated to find that the sound was tiny and worse, that they wouldn't stay in my ears, even after trying all the optional earphone tips they came with. Luckily, someone else had already found this when I looked online and recommended replacement tips. I bought these Comply T-400 Mediums and they transformed my DENONs into the perfect headphones. Fantastic sound, ambient noise isolation, solid and totally comfortable fit (I've used them for up to 15 hours straight) - don't know why DENON didn't just ship with these to start with - they would have had much better reviews.

Black ones match the DENONs perfectly. I replace them when they wear out or split (I do just carry the headset in my pocket when not using it) and I've gone through 4 pairs in about a year.

Casio WVA-430TDE-1A2VER Men's Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled Watch
Casio WVA-430TDE-1A2VER Men's Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled Watch
Offered by Jeweler Abeler
Price: 167.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Superlight and accurate, 6 Jan 2014
Bought this for my father who hates 'fancy' watches or any form of apparent complication or adornment. He loves this one. He had planned to wear it only for best until I convinced him that it was solid titanium, crystal glass and 200m waterproof so can take anything he's ever likely to throw at it; now he wears it all the time. He never has to worry about setting it, charging it, winding it or replacing the battery - truly 'set and forget' for him.

Logitech K811 Bluetooth Easy Switch Keyboard for Mac/iPad/iPhone
Logitech K811 Bluetooth Easy Switch Keyboard for Mac/iPad/iPhone
Offered by Prompt Electronics
Price: 86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Jan 2014
I replaced an original Apple bluetooth keyboard with this one - I love the fact it light up like my MBP's own keyboard (which is what I use it with). I've tried the multi-device pairing and switching at it works perfectly. I recharge it when it stops illuminating (every couple of months of constant use) but never had it actually stop working as a keyboard.

The keys are really nice - fit to tips of the fingers and well spaced. Also, this keyboard has a positive 'keyboard' feel to it that I've never seen in this style of keyboard before (i.e. flat laptop style), which makes it a pleasure to use. The play|pause|mute|volume keys all work perfectly with iTunes, etc. but note that it doesn't have all the special keys found on an Apple keyboard (such as the next|back track buttons) but I never used these anyway.

GoPole REACH - Telescoping Extension Pole for GoPro HERO Cameras 17-40"
GoPole REACH - Telescoping Extension Pole for GoPro HERO Cameras 17-40"
Price: 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but fell apart in first week, 6 Jan 2014
I had to glue it back together once the original glue between the tubes and their plastic joints used in its manufacture just failed. Once fixed, it does what it says - I use it as a short handle for my GoPro for general filming and as a long handle to shoot underwater from the surface, or different elevations and angles - great for including yourself in your own shots.

Barmah Foldaway Squashy Kangaroo Hat, Crackle Brown (1018) (Extra Large 60cm)
Barmah Foldaway Squashy Kangaroo Hat, Crackle Brown (1018) (Extra Large 60cm)
Offered by The Hat Company
Price: 62.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Jan 2014
I've had hats in this style for decades but this is the best one I've ever had. Was exactly the style and colour in the picture when delivered, although mine was missing the carry-bag I know they usually come with [I already had the lightweight summer style Barmah]. Followed the advice to buy on the generous side of the size and hat fits perfectly - I would suggest that if anyone follows this advice (choose the correct size for your measurement or the one higher if you 'just fit' in the extremes of one of the size brackets) then you can always make it fit tighter with a size shrinker; a hat even a little too tight becomes unwearable over time.

Love the kangaroo leather - so light! Totally waterproof so far (can see the rain beading on the hat surface) but I will still treat it when I get around to it. Really like the vintage look of this style; if you want an immaculate new looking hat you should choose another finish. The two tone band looks good in real life - I was initially nervous after seeing the pictures.

If you can afford it get this one (or at least another Barmah).

Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Jeans, Black, W36/L32
Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Jeans, Black, W36/L32
Price: 52.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine 501s, 6 Jan 2014
Were exactly what I was expecting; black Levi 501s. Only difference I could see was that they seem to be manufactured for Asian market [still had English in the labels but as a lower priority to the other languages]. Cheaper than the shops and arrived next day.

Le Chameau Men's Anjou Bottillon Jersey Green Wellington Boot BCB1787 8 UK
Le Chameau Men's Anjou Bottillon Jersey Green Wellington Boot BCB1787 8 UK
Price: 75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for wide feet, 6 Jan 2014
Researched these exhaustively as my feet are too wide to wear Hunter boots (or any of the other cheaper brands) that squeeze across my feet so hard that feet eventually go numb after a lot of pain. Although these boots don't advertise themselves as for wide feet (they say wide calves) they are perfect for me - so happy. I ordered them in the size I buy other shoes and they fit perfectly with ordinary socks. Totally waterproof and comfortable, no problem with feet getting cold yet, although I've not been in deep snow with them. Best wellies I ever bought!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6