Profile for Clara > Reviews

Hama Lens Cleaning Pen
Hama Lens Cleaning Pen
Price: 8.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Hama Lens Cleaning Pen (Accessory)
After reading all of the great reviews of this product, I was optimistic about how it would turn out. A lens cleaning pen seems like a fantastic idea. But, it seems I was to be disappointed. For one thing, the brush end seems to have little use. It does help a little to clear dust from the lens, but I have definitely not found it to be a necessary or even helpful tool. Plus, even though it does retract into the pen, there is still an opening which it can get dust in anyway. The other end is a lot more protected than the brush, but this seems to be no help. When I used it on my lens, all it did was spread grease around, and make the glass a lot dirtier than it was before. The pen that I have doesn't have the logo shown in the image, which could be the reason. Either way, it's back to the microfiber cloth for me.

Gallop Ladies Two Tone Contrast Horse Riding Jodhpurs Black Grey 32"
Gallop Ladies Two Tone Contrast Horse Riding Jodhpurs Black Grey 32"
Offered by Jodshop
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice pair of Johdpurs, 12 Aug 2013
I received these really quickly, and they are really nice. They're a lot sturdier that I had imagined, and fit well. Perfect for riding in, and for any other related activities. (Especially as they have two pockets- That's really handy)

Screen Protector for REFLEX CANON EOS 600D 600 D Anti Scratch Ultra Clear Triple Layer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Aug 2013
I needed something to protect the screen on my Canon EOS 600D, and it has been perfect for the job!
The only trouble I found was that none of the instructions were in English, although the product itself makes it clear how to put it on so it's not a problem.

4GB Mini Camera USB Flash Drive Funny Memory Stick
4GB Mini Camera USB Flash Drive Funny Memory Stick
Offered by Home's
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and fun, 12 Aug 2013
I was really impressed by how quickly this came after being bought. It's really nice, and a great thing to have. There are lots of small details and it looks quite realistic.
The main criticism that I have (If it really is one) is that the shutter button is on the wrong side... It doesn't affect the functionality at all, but did confuse me a little when I went to take a pretend photo and found that there was nothing there to press. Otherwise, though, the accuracy is pretty good.
The only other thing that I noticed was that it is slightly bigger than I had imagined, which means that if, for example, I was going to put it onto a keyring, it would be a bit of an inconvenience and kinda bulky.
Otherwise its a really nice product and I'm very pleased with it!

Speedlink CUE SL-6345-SBK Wireless Multitouch Mouse - Black
Speedlink CUE SL-6345-SBK Wireless Multitouch Mouse - Black
Offered by HUK 14 Ltd
Price: 19.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad mouse, 27 Dec 2012
As a mouse, the movement is very sensitive, and it has proven to be quite reliable. It is quite small, and I have found it very handy to use. What the description does not mention is that the main feature of clicking does in fact use buttons. When first using the mouse, I found difficulties pressing these independenly of each-other.

Another point to make is that the mouse is quite uncomfortable to use. It is not the most uncomfortable thing I have ever come across, but it can make your hand ache after a while, as the shape does not really help your grip.

The scrolling function using the touch sensors works extremely well and responds nicely. However, it is a little more difficult to use the multitouch feature to go Back and Forward, at least, without holding the mouse in your other hand as you do it!

The on/off switch is great, and the nano-receiver is small and unobtrusive. Overall, not a bad purchase!

EDIT: I have since used the mouse a little more, and found that it is getting really annoying. The sensitiveness of movement means that any accidental moves are greatly exaggerated, and for prolonged use it is difficult to control. As well as this, the difficulty in performing even the simplest of clicking without accidently activating something else has been extremely frustrating.

I conclude by saying that although it is a neat mouse, and works well for simple tasks, I would recommend using something else if even the slightest degree of accuracy is necessary.

Misery
Misery
by Stephen King
Price: 8.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and Original, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Misery (Paperback)
Having never read Steven King before, nor watched the film, I was not sure what to expect when I opened the book. Whatever my expectations were, this book exceeded them.
The story follows a popular author who, after crashing his car, wakes up to find himself in the house of his 'number one fan'. She has given him drugs to ease the pain of his mutilated legs, and has looked after him since the accident. The author has recently finished another book in his 'Misery' series, which his saviour is reading. She had already struck him as being very strange, but when she finds out that he kills off his main character, Misery, things become a lot worse. He is forced to write for his life.
Although some of the parts of the book are very unlikely to have really ocurred, as it says, as long as it's 'fair' it doesn't matter how unlikely it is. There are a few bloody moments, with very vivid description, but not as much as I had expected. On occasion, the book cuts to sections of the Misery book he is writing.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and woulld certainly reccommend it to anyone else!

DAS 1kg Modelling Clay - White
DAS 1kg Modelling Clay - White
Price: 4.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Clay, 22 April 2012
After working with clay in the past, I was sceptical about buying this. At best, I suspected it would be like normal fimo; just about mouldable, with no chance of softening. The texture as well was going to be rubbery. But, when I pened the packet, I found none of those! The first thing I noticed was that it is very moist, although that goes without saying beig air-drying clay. It moulds very well, and the use of water really improves it. It is white, as said on the packet, and remains that way throughout drying. Something I would point out, though, is that it really does shrink when it dries.I definately would not reccommend making something attatched to another, solid object because it would fall apart as it dries, as I learned the hard way...
Overall, I really loved using the clay and it is great to work with.

I Am Number Four [DVD]
I Am Number Four [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alex Pettyfer
Price: 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A great adaption of the book., 15 April 2012
This review is from: I Am Number Four [DVD] (DVD)
This film is about John Smith, who is a 15 year-old from the planet Lorien who escaped to earth as a baby with his protector, Henri, after the Mogadorians invaded. They now live in America, moving constantly to stay hidden from the Mogadorians. They have killed the first, second and now the third of the refugees seem to be doing fine until their life on the road is brought to an abrupt halt when John Smith meets Sarah Hart.
This film, directed by D.J. Caruso is a stunning adaptation of the book, by Pittacus Lore. Despite a few changes, which are inevitable in these cases, all of the major elements are kept the same and the plot is entirely unchanged from the original. Upon watching this film for the first time, I was amazed to see that the characters matched the image in my mind's eye, which does not often happen. The acting is astounding, and the choice of Alex Pettyfer as Number four, and Timothy Olyphant as Henri was definitely a good one. Generally, I am not the biggest fan of Sci-fi, but this film kept me gripped from the start. One point that could be improved is the excessive fight scenes near the end, for there are points when you think that it's over, but there is still more to come. Despite this, it is a superb film and I would definitely recommend watching it as soon as you have the time.

Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf (Book 1)
Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf (Book 1)
by Curtis Jobling
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Grippingly brilliant, 28 Mar 2012
This book is amazing. It follows the story of a young man named Drew, who has lived on a farm in near-happiness for all of his life. One day, when his father and twin brother are out, a monster comes, attacking him and killing his mother (This happens quite early in the book-chapter 3) Wracked with grief, his father blames him for the death and attempts to kill him, provoking his escape.
He realises that there exists a world that he never knew existed, the Wereworld. As he struggles to come to terms with the knowledge that he is not only a part of this, but potentially a shape-shifter himself, he learns of Leopold, the king of the Wereworld who keeps the land under an iron paw. He is a werelord, a lion. Drew sets off on a journey to escape the king, but finds that he becomes more involved than he would have liked.
Overall, I enjoyed the book immensely. There are a lot of scenes where Drew is injured, but they do not seem to be over-included. The character of Drew is depicted fantastically, and his ever changing relationship with the princess with superb subtelty. I notice that there were a lot of "No, don't do that!!!" moments, but I think that it is just a matter of opinion. It also makes it a lot more unpredictable and exciting as you wonder how on earth they will manage to survive this time, if in fact they do...

FARMVILLE Secrets - Best Kept Secrets Revealed
FARMVILLE Secrets - Best Kept Secrets Revealed

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 9 Sep 2011
If you are just starting on farmville, this book is a great introduction, and goes through everything that you need to know to start up I farm.It has helpful hints and tips, and explains in detail everything you can do. But, As someone who has experience of the game, I found that there was little it could tell me that I didn't already know, or have discovered through playing. On the other hand, I did have a slow start to the game, and if I had this book then, i would have figured it out a lot faster. -The book does not contain information about the English countryside, or any of the other newer aspects of farmville.

Page: 1 | 2