Profile for Jec > Reviews

Content by Jec

Jec

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Collection 7 Books Set Pack by Jeff Kinney RRP: £54.93 (Wimpy Kid) (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules, The Last Straw, Do-It-Yourself Book, Dog Days, The Ugly Truth, Cabin Fever)
by Jeff Kinney

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these books and recommend you read them!, 15 Sept. 2014
The main character is named Greg. Greg is a wimp and he wants to be popular but no-one really likes him. He has an older brother named Roderick and a younger brother name Manny. Roderick is kind of mean to Greg but Greg pushes through. He also has a friend called Rowley. The book is like reading a diary and it has pictures. Each character has its unique look- like Greg is a stick man and Rowley is a fat stick man. Greg is pretty lazy, for instance the time when he didn’t want to walk up the hill he got Rowley to get his wagon out. He had to pull Greg up that hill and it is about three blocks long. I would suggest that 9 year old to 15 year olds read it. And boys would probably like it more than girls. I think its very funny and its made me laugh quite a lot (I am 9).

The Happy Hollisters
The Happy Hollisters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 30 Jun. 2014
We really enjoyed this book and want to get more! The story is about a family that solves a mystery about stolen toys and lost treasure. We are 7and 9 and loved it.

How to Manage Your Mouth - A 30 Day Wholesome Talk Challenge
How to Manage Your Mouth - A 30 Day Wholesome Talk Challenge

5.0 out of 5 stars so helpful, 14 May 2014
Challenging, helpful and insightful. Thank you. This book has really helped this mother of three become more aware of the importance of leading my children out kindness, with words that are needed, helpful and loving. Highly recommend to any Mum wanting to increase the levels of peace in their home.

A Week in the Kitchen
A Week in the Kitchen
by Karen Dudley

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally the deliciouss, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: A Week in the Kitchen (Paperback)
This book is a winner. We love it in our house. Totally delicious and inspring recipies, perfect for summer. A memory of one of the best little restaurents in Cape Town.

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Vintage Classics)
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Vintage Classics)
by Mark Twain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 6 Oct. 2013
A must read. My 6 and 8 year LOVED this even though my attempt at an american accent slaughtered the text. Highly recommend as a read aloud / reading to self right of passage.

Party Bag/Favour/Lucky Dip Play Balancing Blow Ball Pipes 10/Pack
Party Bag/Favour/Lucky Dip Play Balancing Blow Ball Pipes 10/Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 6 Oct. 2013
Bought these for my son to do some movement therapy exercises with. We loose the balls constantly so glad to have a good supply of them....seem to work fine.

OXO Good Grips Upright Sweep Set
OXO Good Grips Upright Sweep Set
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Oct. 2013
Fantastic little set that sits by fridge looking pretty while not in use. Love not having to bend over with the dust pan and like the look of it too. Works really well (and my kids seem to like using it too!).

Educating the Wholehearted Child
Educating the Wholehearted Child
by Clay Clarkson

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read., 6 Oct. 2013
I wish I had read this book before I started homeschooling...however better late than never. If you are a home educator or thinking of home education this is a great book to give you an in depth view of what home ed is all about from a Christian perspective. It very much leans towards a "whole book" approach which is very Charlotte Mason esq but helps to give a perspective on other ways to home school as well. And it gives practical advice and tools to get the job done. It is very thorough and a little daunting in size and length but I have been reading it slowly over a period of moths and gleaned many useful and inspiring ideas. It is very biblically focussed so if that is not for you I recommend you stay away, but I personally found the emphasis on Holy Spirit leading hugely helpful. I have to say I do not fully agree with the rather staunch stance the authors seem to take on homeschooling being the only biblical model for education, but I didn't have much problem skipping over those assumptions to get to some really inspiring ideas and insights. I highly recommend for any Christian homeschoolers to read.

Lakeland Dry-Soon Electric 3 Tier Heated Indoor Clothes Airer (Under 6p / Hour!)
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant, 6 Oct. 2013
Love love love this. We live in a rather cold flat with no room for a tumble dryer and the heating is erratic. So I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to dry our clothes without hot footing it down to the laundrette....until I came across this little beauty. It folds flat for easy storage, it holds a washing machine load of laundry which drys over a 24 hour period (faster if I periodically re-arrange the rack or leave it near a radiator). For us it is working just great and I am really pleased with it.

20 SHEET PACK 300GM WATER COLOUR PAPER
20 SHEET PACK 300GM WATER COLOUR PAPER
Offered by G&N Online Services Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 6 Oct. 2013
Arrived very quickly and for the price its great paper. I am no artist and I got this for my budding 6 and 8 year olds for their water colours and it certainly does the job totally fine for our standard of art!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3