Profile for Cathy A. > Reviews

Content by Cathy A.

Cathy A. "viola gal" (Washington, DC)

Life's Too Short - Series 1 [DVD]
Life's Too Short - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Warwick Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love Warwick Davis!, 16 Nov 2012
As a fan of The Office and Extras, I knew that I would be watching Life's Too Short on DVD. Going into it I expected that it would not venture far from Ricky Gervais's tried and true formula, which it doesn't, but I found Warwick Davis very refreshing. I love that he, a bona fide actor, embraces this character completely and is not shy about physical humor, which I love, and his facial expressions are priceless. You really begin to empathize with the world he lives in, but the whole comedy is not based on his stature, thankfully. He is able to draw in the audience in a way that Andy Millman did not, and keeps you teetering on, "Is he a jerk, or a nice guy surrounded by idiots?"
My favorite episode in this series is the one with Johnny Depp, a MUST SEE for JD fans. I love that Shaun Williamson is back, but his potential is sorely underutilized. Les Dennis and Keith Chegwin are a welcome sight, but their appearances are rather stiff and unnatural. The woman playing he receptionist really gets on my nerves, but that's part of the plan. People who complain that Gervais and Merchant have made the same series three times can't see the delicious irony of the play within a play, when actors are acting as actors... it can get confusing, but is great fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 7:56 AM GMT