Profile for R.E. Viewer > Reviews

Content by R.E. Viewer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 338

R.E. Viewer (Scotland, UK.)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black And White Pluko Hair Dressing Pomade 200 ml
Black And White Pluko Hair Dressing Pomade 200 ml
Offered by Adams Beauty

3.0 out of 5 stars Too greasy, 25 Jun. 2016
This product smells pretty nice, it is easy to apply and it stops frizz and tennis ball head nicely. It does leave your hair looking pretty slick and can be reset throughout the day; it does not set hard like some gels and waxes.

The main problem I have with it is that it leaves your hair feeling very greasy and it is not easy to wash out. Forget washing it out with water, it takes a good shampoo and normally two or three rinse and repeats to get it out of your hair. Far too much hassle for me and I just do not like how my hair feels greasy all day with this in.

You may not mind this depending on your hair type and what you are looking for but it is not for me.

Chapelwood Straight Bracket, 12 Inch
Chapelwood Straight Bracket, 12 Inch
Offered by British Garden Centres

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 25 Jun. 2016
This is a rather simple bracket by design. Despite this however it is plenty strong enough for almost anything you could want to hang from it. This hook is very tight and curves back on itself a lot, meaning Magpies etc cannot unhook things from it easily or at all.

Some brackets have pretty shallow hooks and the birds can unhook feeders etc from them. Two holes for securing the bracket and a flattened area around them for flush fitting.

Simple, decent price and works very well.

Otterbox Strada Leather Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Ruby Romance Red
Otterbox Strada Leather Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Ruby Romance Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good case, 15 Jun. 2016
This case is of typical Otterbox quality. It fits well and seems to do a good job of protecting your new Galaxy S7. The magnet it strong enough to hold the flap closed and also holds it open in the reverse position if you fold the door round the back.

The leather covering looks decent, although colour matching between the leather and rubber sections is a shade apart. The door is thick and strong enough that I am sure it will protect the screen very well from scratches.

There is a cut-out for the speaker so you can use this when on a call and will still hear your incoming calls. There is no cut out for the notification light however so with the door closed you cannot tell if you have a missed call or message etc.

There are some pros and cons to this style of case and much of it is just personal preference. The case is made in China. It is also not overly cheap at present for this current model of phone.

It is one of the best cases you can get however if you want this style.

Silverline 282371 Tarmac Rake 1500 mm
Silverline 282371 Tarmac Rake 1500 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, heavy and works well., 10 Jun. 2016
This is a proper rake! Solid metal all over, very heavy and just powers through any job. I am using it to rake up red chips for removal and to level off churned up dirt to try to even out my garden and it is ideal for these jobs. It is strong enough and heavy enough that it can break soil and does not skim up to the surface like lighter rakes would. It has a flat reverse side so it can also be used to smear or level off dirt, concrete etc.

It is a workout using the thing, no doubt, but if you want a solid rake for tough jobs then this thing is hard to beat, and appears very hard to break! You would need to put this thing in a vice to bend it and it actually costs far less than many wooden or plastic rakes!

If you have any tough jobs or just want a tool to last a long time, then this would be a solid choice.

Bosmere K121 Handy Scoop - Blue
Bosmere K121 Handy Scoop - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, made in the UK and good price., 10 Jun. 2016
These scoops are super handy. Large, practical and of good quality. I have two of them; one for bird seed and one for washing powder. Purple and blue both look fine to me, even colour and no rough spots to the plastic finish.

They are pretty wide so would not suit filling up something with a narrow aperture. For reference, my bird feeder is about 5 cm wide and it is a slight struggle not to spill some over the side if I am not careful. Made in the United Kingdom and at a very reasonable price. I am confident these will last a long time. I have had my other one for a couple of years now and it is good as new. These would be ideal for a multitude of uses about the home.

Recommended.

5 L Garden sprayer - Gloria Prima 5 Comfort
5 L Garden sprayer - Gloria Prima 5 Comfort

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper build quality, works well, 10 Jun. 2016
Having bought a £9 pump sprayer from Spear & Jackson, (which appears to just be a generic made-in-China affair sold under many different brand names) and having it break after just a few uses, I decided to do what I should have done in the first place and buy a half decent one.

This sprayer is quite obviously better quality. Brass nozzle and lance, stretchy hose for better reach and a metal plunger are all signs that this is a bit of kit designed to last. I am fairly sure this is made in Germany, however I could not find anything that explicitly said so on the packaging.

Works well, super easy to use, sprays evenly and without fault. I am using it for weedkiller and it so far has worked a charm. Well worth paying the extra cash I would say.

As always, I will update my review in future to say how this is lasting over the long term.

Draper 43783 Long-Handled Tar Brush
Draper 43783 Long-Handled Tar Brush

1.0 out of 5 stars Sheds like nobody's business!, 31 May 2016
I used this item to paint my shed roof with some bitumen paint. It did the job and the extra reach meant I didn't really need ladders. The main problem however was the bristles this thing sheds. Now, I know it is a cheap brush and I did not expect much but a single use from it however by the time I had finished painting 5 litres on my shed the thing was almost baldy!

Most of the bristles had been shed onto my shed!

Pretty poor quality, even for the money I think. Now, you may not really care about this depending what you are doing but unless you want whatever you are painting to end up very hairy, look elsewhere I would suggest.

Olight® i3E EOS EDC Key Ring LED Torch(Silver and Copper 120 lumens, other colors 90 lumens) AAA Flashlight Compact Keychain Torches Updated Version of Olight i3s Keyring Torch Light(Black,Silver,Green,Red,Purple,Blue, Copper 7 Colors for Your Choice) (Copper)
Offered by Olight® Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Olight i3E COPPER version, 23 May 2016
I have owned many, many AAA lights and always carry one on my keys. This up until recently had been a Fenix E05 in stainless steel. This new Olight has some nice features. To me, the single mode is a major plus on a light like this as it saves going through a series of on/off operations to get to high mode.

This is also much smaller than many AAA lights and so is actually small enough to carry on your keys, coupled with the fact that it is solid metal means, unlike the aluminium ones which are coated, it will not get scratched up when next to your keys. I would suggest not getting an aluminium one, it will have a hundred nicks and chips in no time.

This light uses a total internal reflection lens, which basically just means it has more throw than you might expect for a light this tiny. There is a well defined hot spot with some spill in a fairly traditional looking beam pattern. 120 lumens is very impressive for a standard NiMH battery.

I would prefer Olight made a stainless steel version as the copper one will tarnish very quickly, which I am not too keen on personally.

Overall though this seems to be a very useful, practical little light to have on your keys with very impressive output and simple design. It does not tail stand very well however due to the design and I would have liked a little more knurling or something for better grip. The Fenix E05 is far better in that regard.

I will update my review if anything changes after I have used it some more. Please be cautious of some of the reviews on here, I notice many are pigeon English and of dubious authenticity. I did NOT receive mine as a sample and bought it with my own money.

I have uploaded a picture to show you a size comparison with some other 1 x AAA lights.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2016 8:22 AM BST

Xenon HID Conversion Kit Headlight Bulb with Dual Slim Ballast for Car Vehicle 12V 35W H7 (4300K)
Offered by Direct Digi Sales

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 18 April 2016
This kit was cheap, and that is about where the positives end.

It works, don't get me wrong but the it is very obviously cheap Chinese stuff. Spelling mistakes on the literature galore and generally pretty low grade feel about it. The tint on these is also very hit and miss. I do not think they are as warm as claimed and they are slightly different from each other. Pretty poor QC in that regard.

I was using mine in an old cheap car and wasn't too fussy. If that ain't you then I suggest you look elsewhere and pay more.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power with Flexball Technology Men's Razor with 9 Razor Blades, Special Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, and the best there is, 18 April 2016
Again I find myself wanting to write a review telling you how this latest "innovation" from Gillette is all just marketing guff and that you should ignore it and get to shaving with a DE or a Mach 3 or something. I cannot in all honesty say so however. Yes, basically all that is new is that the razor can pivot in one more direction, namely side to side rocking, and not even very much of it.

That makes a noticeable difference however. It is now just stupidly easy to shave with. I find it almost difficult to cut myself or generate any real razor burn with this latest and greatest. I almost wish Gillette would stop with the cheesy advertising, as it makes their product seem like all talk even when it is not.

I have tried shaving with a cut throat razor, DE razor, many expensive electric razors, most other major brands of cartridge razor and until this new Flexball version, was using Proglide Power. In terms of closeness, this is about as good as the previous Fusion blades and handles. In terms of ease of use, lack of cuts and nicks and lack or razor burn, this is the best by far.

The only downside? Cost. As everyone says, these cost a lot of money. I also do not find that they last nearly as long as Gillette claim of course. I can maybe get 5/6 shaves from one blade before I change, but your mileage may vary of course.

If you can live with the cost though they do offer premium performance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20