Profile for indanthrone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
PhD Diet Whey Stawberry Delight 1 kg
PhD Diet Whey Stawberry Delight 1 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great, 29 Jun 2014
Overall an ok shake. I've found that making it up and leaving it for a 30 mins in the fridge softens the gritty bits. I've got used to it though. Definitely less bloated having this for breakfast.

PhD Nutrition Mixball Shaker
PhD Nutrition Mixball Shaker
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, bit of a gimmick., 29 Jun 2014
This shaker is just a basic plastic cup with the PhD logo on it. It also has basic measurements on it so you still have to guess where to fill it up to. Lid not safe enough to carry shake in a bag. It's also quite big. Lid also a dodgy fit. I've had shake everywhere on more than one occasion. You would think they would put the proper measuring markings for their shakes on the side. Like where to fill it to for one scoop or two scoops. Prob better to invest in a smaller travel cup.

Silentnight 7-Zone Memory Foam Mattress, Double
Silentnight 7-Zone Memory Foam Mattress, Double

2.0 out of 5 stars Very firm on an ottoman bed, 4 May 2014
I bought this mattress in Jan 2013. At first it was amazing. Then I noticed after a few months I had to turn it round as the part I was lying on started to permenantly dip (I'm not by any means overweight) This was on a slatted bed frame. I then bought an ottoman bed. The foam mattress feels hard and firm on top of the ottoman base. I have to keep turning it as the now dipped section is hurting my back.

Roche Posay Toleriane Softening Foam Gel 150ml
Roche Posay Toleriane Softening Foam Gel 150ml
Offered by BoxofColor

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous cleanser, 4 May 2014
I started using this French pharmacy brand when I was in Paris. This creamy foam gel cleanser is delicious. It leaves no tightness after washing. Lathers up nice for those with dry skin that like to properly wash their face. I'd recommend for any skin type.

VCM CD/ DVD Ronul Tower without Doors, Beech
VCM CD/ DVD Ronul Tower without Doors, Beech
Offered by VCM24-de

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is., 4 May 2014
Not worth half the money I paid for it but it does the job. Easy to assemble. A bit cheap looking, the "beech" veneer isn't on the backing board, instead its a slate grey colour.

Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum
Gtech CV04 Cordless Germguard Hard Floor Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 12 Jun 2012
I really didn't think this would be as good as it was. It's very powerful! I think it would of sucked up the floorboards if it could. Left my real wood floor dust free and looking fab. Great at getting the spaces in between the planks of wood too. Was nice to hear all the accumulated stuff that gets in there getting sucked up.

4'33'' (Cage Against The Machine Version)
4'33'' (Cage Against The Machine Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does that weird head thing, 14 Dec 2010
You know that song that you keep rewinding to replay a certain note, riff or just the execution of a lyric. I get that round about 3.29, just cant get enough.

The Great Explorers
The Great Explorers
by Robin Hanbury-Tenison

4.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Great Explorers (Hardcover)
This book is a must for lovers of natural history, exploration and science. It is extremely well produced with the most beautiful botanical drawings, maps, and portraiture. The colour printing used to reproduce the pictures is fabulous.
The book looks at the main explorers and gives each of them approx 2 - 5 pages each. There are chapters at the beginning that discuss oceans and maps etc. So its up to you to "explore" further yourself. There is a fabulous "further reading" section at the back. Ideal as a family reference book and probably better in hardback as it suits the style of the content.
It is quite an ambitious book in the content it is trying to cover but I think it does well to give a synopsis of some fabulous characters from history. Hence the 4 stars. It leads up to present day. I think the few modern pictures at the end ruin the romantic feel of the book. Kick's one back to reality.
If I received this as a gift I would clap with delight.

The book is hardback approx 24 x 18 cm's and 3 cm's thick. It has 204 illustrations.

Love And Distrust [DVD]
Love And Distrust [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Pattinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Misleading title. Robert Pattinson not starring!, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Love And Distrust [DVD] (DVD)
This is a compilation of 5 movies. One of which is "The Summer House" With a short appearance by Robert Pattinson. The DVD has quite a misleading description and cover. Makes it look like Rob is starring in a film with Robert Downey et al. MMM. So the only part Rob has is in it is the short role he had in "The summer house". Just letting people know who may have it already.

I liked The Summerhouse hence the 4 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2011 2:56 AM GMT

Kill Your Friends: A True Story of Survival, Adventure, and the Most Incredible Rescue Mission of World War II (P.S.)
by John Niven

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the easily offended, 27 Sep 2009
This book reminded me a lot of American Psycho. The violence, designer labels and lavish lifestyles. I had a few laugh out loud moments. It's just so believable, characters were all interesting. Its sexist, racist and misogynistic no one is left out. The ending for me let it down a bit. It seemed a bit boring for what had happened in the book. I thought it clever, funny and a good laugh. This edition is also nice. I like the american paperback.

Page: 1 | 2