Profile for AlanP > Reviews

Content by AlanP

AlanP

Merrell Men's Intercept Trainer Moth brown J73705 11 UK
Merrell Men's Intercept Trainer Moth brown J73705 11 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart looking multi-purpose 'approach' shoe for walking on rough ground as well as about town., 30 May 2014
These are very comfortable shoes. The previous comments about sizing are correct in that I am usually a 10.5 but went for an 11. They are slightly more narrow than previous Merrells but I'm sure they will wear in. I have used Merrell before and like their fit but especially the Vibram sole which gives excellent protection from rough ground. This is a real selling point for me. Over the last year or so I have spent quite a bit of money on high end branded footwear but have been disappointed in terms of fit and quality. So back to Merrell - and I am not disappointed.

5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides
5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides
Offered by Garden Selections

2.0 out of 5 stars Very average quality., 22 May 2014
I only used this a few times and it has now broken. The pump non return valve has become detached from its base. The hose is very flimsy but the container is robust enough. I have since bought a Hoselock which seems much more better quality all round. So I could have save myself some money!

Draper Butane Powered Soldering Iron
Draper Butane Powered Soldering Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for soldering away from a power source., 22 May 2014
I use this on my boat. It heats very quickly and is perfect for the odd bit of soldering. An ideal addition to the tool kit.

Busbi BUSIMG001 Negative and Slide Scanner
Busbi BUSIMG001 Negative and Slide Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Effective, 22 May 2014
I concur with previous comment about problems with opening the negative and slide cases. Strong finger nails required. The 35mm slide case only hold three slides one more would be good. Overall, having read other device reviews went for this one as it is simple to use and does not have the unnecessary screen (given you have a PC or Laptop). Produces good quality pictures - given that the slides and negatives are quite old.

Osprey Hi Visibility Rucksack Cover - XSmall
Osprey Hi Visibility Rucksack Cover - XSmall
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but will it stay on?, 22 Dec 2013
Very nice looking and waterproof. I think it could benefit from a mid strap to make it more secure - especially in all this windy weather.

The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Right
The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Right
by Atul Gawande

5.0 out of 5 stars If you work in a complex environment - this book is for you., 3 Jun 2013
As a risk and business continuity specialist, this book provides a solid basis to promote the idea that we are not all robots and can't think of everything - so why not have a checklist. Good case studies from a reflective author that drives his points home.

Images of Organization
Images of Organization
by Gareth Morgan

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Material, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Images of Organization (Paperback)
A great book to dip into for referencing my thoughts and new ideas - which probably aren't new at all! What is staggering for me is that despite the wisdom of this work too few people at the top of industry and politics seem to grasp some really basic principles.

Honeywell EZ Sense Hand Held Gas Detector
Honeywell EZ Sense Hand Held Gas Detector
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' in the boat., 3 Jun 2013
I had always been concerned about gas safety but hadn't done too much about it. This great little gadget helps me feel more at ease with using gas. It works well and is intuitive. I have tested it with cigarette lighter fuel as well as Calor. Especially reassuring when using the cooker for the first time this season and changing the bottles over.

MOFRED® 12 in Pack Screen Protector Value Pack For Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 Retail Packed with Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection, 6 July 2012
The set of covers is very good value for money and makes me feel better about protecting my new phone. The cover comes 'sandwiched' by two protective films that need to be peeled off - on prior to application, the other afterwards. The pack also contains a small cleaning cloth. The plastic screen cover does not affect the 'touch' elements or the display quality. Package took five days to arrive. Definately worth buying.