Profile for Philip > Reviews

Content by Philip

Philip

Blowing up Russia: The Secret Plot to Bring Back KGB Power
Blowing up Russia: The Secret Plot to Bring Back KGB Power

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent insight into the working of the FSB and associated ..., 30 Sept. 2015
Scarey. An excellent insight into the working of the FSB and associated agencies. Some of the conclutions are clearly speculative, but it says a lot of things that need to be said.

The Sylvan Horn (Book One of The Sylvan Chord 1)
The Sylvan Horn (Book One of The Sylvan Chord 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 Dec. 2013
This is pretty good. Easy to read with some good characters, but concentrates mostly on the adventure. Imagery is skilfully put together, particularly the dreams/visions, and conects well with the main plot.

Kill Everyone: Advanced Strategies for No-Limit Hold Em Poker Tournaments & Sit-n-Gos (Gambling Theories Methods)
by Lee Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Work, 6 Dec. 2013
One of the best poker books in my collection, and definitely the one that I reference the most. I have encorporated many of there systems into my game.

Every Hand Revealed
Every Hand Revealed
by Gus Hansen

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy going, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Every Hand Revealed (Paperback)
Very easy style, and it will help your game. You really get the feel for what Gus is thinking as he plays the hands. It is evident that he had some luck in this event, but he also makes his own. When things go wrong, you get to see how he deals with it, because there are no missing hands from the story. Good idea presenting poker this way.

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 - UK Layout
Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 - UK Layout
Offered by MAGNATURAL Magnetic copper bracelet bangle

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 6 Dec. 2013
This is smaller than the one that I have before with the split keypad, but I got used to it fast enough. Had it for over a year and have no problems so far. Looks stylish, and goes well with my other black items.

The Dragon's Mouth (The Last Mage Book 1)
The Dragon's Mouth (The Last Mage Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good bits, 6 Dec. 2013
Starts very well, but the plot ends up a little thin. Some parts are better than other. The writer likes his food :)

Jago 500 pcs Poker Chips Set with 2 Playing Card Decks, Dealer Button, Several Dice and Lockable Aluminium Case
Offered by JAGO24 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Poker Chip, 28 Nov. 2013
Got here today at standard delivery in just 3 days. I gave this product 5 star, because I got exactly what I expected.

I was not an expert on poker chips, so I did my homework before selecting this product. Most important to me was the chip quality and these are good clay chips. I am convince that they are the same standard of Ultimate Poker Chip as was reviewed on youtube, from a usa package. These chips certainly move and feel the way he describes. They were rated as a 7 chip on youtube which is a good chip. If you are reading this review then don't even try to get 9 or 10 rated chips, they will set you back £500, and only slightly better :)

I decided that I did not want dice chips. Check some of the photos online.You can see the manufacturing flaws. Not sure why they don't just put the best ones in the photos.

The things I like about this set are: good clear colors with correct poker denominations; printed numbers; a seven color spread to suit different games; and a consistent standard with no rejects in my set.

At The Walls Of Galbrieth (Wycaan Master Book 1)
At The Walls Of Galbrieth (Wycaan Master Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good job that the second book is finished already, 26 Nov. 2013
It's a good job that the second book is finished already, because you will not want to stop reading at the end. I don't read books very quicky, but this one only lasted a few days despite being a full length book.