Profile for R. S. Walker > Reviews

Best Of Britain's Political Cartoons 2013
Best Of Britain's Political Cartoons 2013
by Tim Benson (ed)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality product, 1 July 2014
A good quality product, sent promptly. The cut-outs seem to match all the ports and switches on the Hudl perfectly"

ORZLY® - TESCO HUDL Tablet Case with Built-In Hand Strap & Integrated Stand - BLACK Case / Cover / Skin with Built-In PropUp Stand (Dual Angle for Viewing & Typing Positions) - designed by ORZLY® exclusively by for Tesco Hudl 7 inch Tablet (Tesco's first ever 7" Tablet - Released in 2013) Case includes BONUS: ORZLY Stylus Pen + 2x Screen Protectors
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars A good case for the Hudl., 28 Jun 2014
A good quality product with cut outs accurately matched to all the ports on the Hudl so that everything, including charging, is possible without removing the case.

Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series
Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series

3.0 out of 5 stars Surely there must be a better way?, 28 Jun 2014
This product, purchased from Amazon cost about 60% of the price direct from Garmin and was sent promptly so five stars for that aspect. The "product" is an eight character code required to release the download of updated maps of Europe from the Garmin web site. The code is on a scratch slip on a plastic "credit" card. The credit card is sealed in a rigid transparent plastic packing about 260mm x 175mm x 15mm.so this had to be sent in a protective cardboard envelope about 330mm x 235mm. I appreciate that Garmin wish to protect the code, and possibly try to make the product look more than it is, but in my opinion this is a ridiculous way of communicating eight characters.

I did not find using the code intuitive but after a couple of abortive starts I succeeded in initiating the download which was then eventually successful. My line speed is limited by my ADSL link to about 5000 Mbps but the download ran at only about 135 Mbps. I cannot be certain, but I think the limiting factor was the Garmin web site. The system warned me initially to allow about two hours for the update but the whole process took at least six. I think there were three distinct phases, download, build, and transfer to the device. One problem for me was that once I had initiated the download successfully I was reluctant to do anything else on the pc, and certainly not on the web, in case it caused the download to fail. .

Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Offered by M.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for internal DVD reader, 7 Mar 2014
Both the DVD readers built into my desktop were becoming unreliable with the drawers sticking. My first thought was to replace them with similar internal drives but I do not use them much and the desktop is getting ancient. I decided that it was easier and no more expensive to buy an external drive. Once I worked out that just putting the disc in the drive, as I am used to doing, does not work and it has to be pushed down onto the mount everything works fine .

Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery - Twelve Pack
Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery - Twelve Pack
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars CR-2032, 5 Feb 2014
I selected this supplier because the cost, including carriage, was the lowest I could find for this size of battery. The batteries were promptly dispatched, and arrived before the predicted delivery date. They appear to be a genuine Panasonic product, being two packs of six, CR-2032EL/68W, made in Indonesia, with a best before date of January 2023. It is too soon for me to be able to comment on their longevity in use but in any case I would find it difficult to make an objective comparison.

Water Tank Insulation Jacket for Small Tank (4 to 10Gallons/15 to 38Litres)
Water Tank Insulation Jacket for Small Tank (4 to 10Gallons/15 to 38Litres)
Offered by CosyHomeStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Header tank Insulation, 13 Jan 2014
I purchased this online because I was unable to purchase replacement insulation locally. Insulation was only sold in conjunction with a new tank.

The jacket consists of mineral wool sealed in two plastic bags. The larger bag is wrapped round the tank and secured with thin plastic ties. The other bag covers the tank but because it has no rigidity it requires support or it would interfere with the ball valve. My tank had no lid so that I had to make one of plywood before I could use the jacket Also, if it is necessary to cut a hole in the insulation, for a pipe the edges need to be sealed with suitable tape. . It was the best product that I could find, and it is good enough for the purpose, but not ideal in my application of it.

Patterson Medical Bath Mat Extra Large White
Patterson Medical Bath Mat Extra Large White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bath mat seves my purpose, 11 Dec 2013
The mat was purchased after my wife, who is having some balance problems had slipped getting into the bath and cut her head.

The suckers on the mat do adhere firmly to the bath and the mat does provide a much less slippery surface . It is too early to comment on durability but I see no reason to think that it will not be long lasting.

Samsung 2TB D3 Station External Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Samsung 2TB D3 Station External Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Drive for use with Smart TV, 17 Oct 2013
I purchased this to use as storage for a Samsung smart TV. It seemed reasonably priced and the TV accepted the addition with no problem. The only possible downside is that it does have a separate power supply, which is supplied, and is not powered from the USB interface
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2014 1:56 PM GMT

Aladdin Autovent 1500HV 30C Radiator Bleeder (1/2 Inch BSP)
Aladdin Autovent 1500HV 30C Radiator Bleeder (1/2 Inch BSP)
Offered by A2B Shopping Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Aladdin Autovent, 6 Sep 2013
I purchased this article because I was fed up with bleeding one radiator. It was inexpensive and promptly despatched, Probably my problem is caused by hydrogen gererated by sludge but fitting the valve seemed an easier option than flushing the system. It has proved highly effective because I have not had to bleed the radiator since it arrived although I have not fitted it yet! Seriously, I do not yet know how it will work in practice but I have no grounds to down rate it..

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethernet Powerline adapters, 6 Sep 2013
I purchased this item because my HP Officejet 6500a plus has never worked properly on WiFi despite a strong signal and I had run out of other options. In my opinion the HP software is inadequate. Following the simple instructions the devices worked immediately and have solved most of the problems. An unexpected bonus was the fact that the adapters came with two ethernet connecting cables (each about 2 metres). This was the lowest cost source of supply that I could find and they were sent by return.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3