Profile for helz > Reviews

Vikings: Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Travis Fimmel
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars BY THOR AND THUNDER, 25 Feb 2014
bought this series on a whim and am thrilled I did. Travis makes for a melting sexy lead and is so photogenic on screen his every thought seems to register on his face . I did'nt expect to see a acting super star in the making but I think I just did .
If you liked Spartacus you should love Vikings /
Gabriel Bryne is outstanding as usual .
Great strong female roles in this show as well .
I recomend to everyone I can

Target Dry Georgia Parka for Women (Indigo Blue, UK16)
Target Dry Georgia Parka for Women (Indigo Blue, UK16)
Offered by The Elements
Price: 69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Jacket EVER, 25 Feb 2014
I had my doubts ... it seemed like a LOT of money to spend on a jacket plus I thought , since I had'nt been able to try it on that probably it would'nt fit ! I am between sizes and so bought up a size and was happy that it fitted me with just enough room spare for a sweater . However I dont need a sweater the coat is warm outside and yet in stores I dont over heat at all . Its got a great hood and the fur is ok once I fluffed it up a little . The coat is light and easy to wear , in fact you can almost forget you are wearing it ! Great hood as well and zips up nice and high so shuts any cold breeze out totally . If I am looking for faults .... and I hate to since I love this coat so much , then maybe the cuffs could be a little elasticated but really its a great coat . looks good and modern and my money was so well spent I feel almost ... smug LOL

The White Queen [DVD]
The White Queen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rebecca Ferguson
Price: 14.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A massive letdown, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: The White Queen [DVD] (DVD)
I was given this as a xmas pressie , have watched 2 dvds from the series now and am unimpressed. Costumes are not realistic with glaring errors such as fastenings but worse , far worse than that is the boring performance of The White Queen and the lack of sublety in mood , acting or plot , this show looks beautiful but is just banal and frankly boring. I would not recommend this at all, The whole witchcraft subtext taken so seriously was really ridiculous and an annoying distraction and the discordant note of modernity through each episode marred it,this didnt inspire me to know more about the Wars of The Roses than i already do.

Rome - Season 1-2 - Complete [DVD] [2007]
Rome - Season 1-2 - Complete [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Kevin McKidd
Price: 17.17

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE, 30 Dec 2013
I was given this show from my amazon WL for CHRISTMAS , love it so much i actually dread its last episode I wish HBO would finish this show now they are in the money , its touching , lively , beautiful sets, good solid story , well cast and great acting . WATCH THIS OR MAY HADES TAKE YOU TO THE UNDERWORLD

One Direction: This Is Us [DVD] [2013]
One Direction: This Is Us [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Harry Styles
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars MUM OF A DIRECTIONER, 6 Nov 2013
Took my daughter to see this with a friend of hers and did'nt really expect to find it as interesting as I did. The concert footage was pretty mind blowing as the crowds are HUGE , the boys all seem likeable , warm and genuine guys and I found it pretty fascinating to read about how fame has changed both their lives and that of their families. Its got both funny and touching moments and the friendship between the guys in the group seemed very real and made for some funny scenes .
If you have a Directioner in your family this would be a dream gift but its also a well made movie and well worth watching . I am looking forward to taking my daughter to see them live at Croker and actually experiencing the crowd decibel level for myself now I have seen the movie footage .

1D One Direction - Daughter Birthday Card
1D One Direction - Daughter Birthday Card
Offered by barcode bargains
Price: 2.14

5.0 out of 5 stars FANtastic card idea, 6 April 2012
I ordered this card for someone who is a fan of One Direction. It arrived within a few days in a jiffy bag and it's great. A large card made from good quality card with the band's " signature's" inside in red ink. I think this is a brilliant card for any girl who is a fan.
Also the personal touch from the seller hoping whoever the card was bought for much enjoyment was a nice touch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2012 7:25 AM BST

Upstairs Downstairs - Series 1 [DVD]
Upstairs Downstairs - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dame Eileen Atkins
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER
Price: 3.09

4.0 out of 5 stars good bbc drama, 9 July 2011
loved this show although it loses the plot a little towards the end in the attempt to be sensitive to modern outlooks its still a good period drama and fun to watch , hope they make more episodes