ARRAY(0xacf1f138)

tattitiger

Compromised
Compromised
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Never would have thought this my 'cup of tea'...but, hey...it was free!, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Compromised (Kindle Edition)
Never would I have imagined that I would read a book with PIRA as part of the storyline...but it was a free book, with good reviews, so why not?
I was immediately drawn into the story and it was thrilling from the start. Some of the descriptions were horrific (in my view) but they were believeable and they were necessary to understand what happens later in the book.
It is almost a book of 2 halves...the beginning is fast-paced and the remainder is drawn over a longer period of time. It was hard to tear myself away, the characters were well-drawn and I needed to know what was going to happen to them. I guessed that paths would diverge and reconnect in the future and this is exactly what happened, but it was done cleverly and still made good reading.
I will be looking for more books by these authors in the future.

Hamelin's Child
Hamelin's Child
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, disturbing and totally believable, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Hamelin's Child (Kindle Edition)
I saw a comment by Debbie on a discussion board on Amazon, when looking up another book that I had read. She was self-promoting (why not?) and, from her description, I thought it sounded an interesting read.
Dark subject matter, but totally believable and, judging from her line of work (in law enforcement) I'm sure it is probably based loosely on facts.
Immediately drew me in, the characters were well-described, likeable and memorable...I found myself absorbed in what was going to happen to Mikey next.
The kind of book that's so good, you don't want to finish it. I shall definitely be reading more of Debbie's works.

Pampers Underjams Boy (S/M) 4 x Packs of 10 Pants--40 Pants
Pampers Underjams Boy (S/M) 4 x Packs of 10 Pants--40 Pants

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent night-time pants for my autistic 6/7yr old son, 11 July 2011
My son is autistic and has only just started to toilet-train, so still needs to wear something through the night. These are excellent at containing any accidents and even quite a large amount of urine. My son wears 'normal' underwear during the day and these are so slim and comfortable, he has no objection to them.

These have fitted him since he was just 6 yrs old and he is of average height and weight for his age. I think they will probably continue to fit him for another year or so (til at least 8yrs), so they have quite a large range of 'fit'.

My only criticism is that the sides tear quite easily sometimes as we put them on (esp if he's unco-operative)and that means we waste the odd few pairs. Having said that, if there is any poo in them, it is useful to be able to rip the sides to get them off with as little mess as possible...so you can't have it all ways, can you?

Overall, they suit my son and save me a lot of bed-stripping and washing :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2012 11:31 AM GMT

Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails (Nintendo DS)
Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails (Nintendo DS)
Offered by rockaway-records
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thomas, entertaining and fun even for a 2yr old!, 31 Jan 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This was the game that came with the new Nintendo Dsi XL that I purchased for my 6yr old son. He is autistic and unable to read.
He has had endless hours of fun on this game and so has his 2yr old brother.

It is based around the latest DVD release 'Hero of the Rails', which they also love. You can chose from the story or games options...the story is interactive and is narrated as it is on the DVD.
There is no need for a child to be able to read when playing this game, as instructions are given verbally by the narrator. I think this is why it has been such a hit with my sons!

Definitely not a disappointment in this household :)