Profile for Ludo Lauwereyssens > Reviews

Ludo Lauwereyssens

Page: 1 | 2
Selling England By The Pound
Selling England By The Pound

3.0 out of 5 stars Its sounds in surround better than the original cd, 5 Feb. 2014
When this came first out I was about 14 years of age and I played the LP once in a week. For me this is the best Genesis album ever.
I have seem them live with : the Lamb lies down on Broadway : the show was fantastic but the LP can't compete with : the album Selling England By The Pound.
So the music is ok but the blu-ray is not ok. It gives an extra but somethimes the sound goes softer and then suddenly louder, so you have to correct it with your receiver. I use a receiver from Arcam the avr 600 and a blu-ray player also from Arcam the BDP 100 and my speakers are : Front Audio Physic Temp -sub : Rel Quake and after : Kef dipols.
The surround sounds gives an extra but I'm not surprised. So for me no more blu-ray's but concerts in blu-ray video are ok when the man behind sound productions knows his job. An example : David Gilmour : the blu-ray sounds much better than the dvd.

Ludo Lauwereyssens from Belgium

Sempre libera
Sempre libera

2.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray audo gives not a better sound than the classic cd, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sempre libera (Blu-ray Audio)
I have the cd en the blu-ray.
The music I like very much : for me 5 stars
The blu-ray audio : it's a shame : I use a BDP 100 blu-ray player from Arcam and an AV Receiver AVR 600 also from Arcam,
my speakers are: Audio Physic Tempo. First I played the blu-ray (stereo only) in the best quality en directly after : the cd in the same player. The cd sounds just like the blu-ray.
For me there is no benefit from blu-ray audio in this production so I give the blu-ray : 0 stars

Perhaps when you have very very costly hardware there can be a benefit but I doubt it
Ludo Lauwereyssens : Belgium

Rhythm & Blues
Rhythm & Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars old in age but not old in music, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Rhythm & Blues (Audio CD)
This is the first recording that does not sound thin and sharp that I listend to.
He can play the blues as no other I know. I hope he can make some other fine records
Ludo

Tour De Force - Shepherd's Bush Empire [Blu-ray] [2013]
Tour De Force - Shepherd's Bush Empire [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Joe Bonamassa
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues at his best, 28 Dec. 2013
Ludo Lauwereyssens,
Joe Bonamassa has to play Blues. His best recordings are blues. It's a fact that he can play his guitar but he is at his best in blues.
The sound is just fantastic in the highest DH format. Bild is ok. I 'm a real fan when he plays the blues, when he plays rock it's also good but it's not quite what I like

Weld
Weld

5.0 out of 5 stars Neil Young at is his best., 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Weld (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of Neil Young but I never had a real live cd with Crazy Horse. This is the fine voice of Neil with grunge guitars. Very entertaining and good stuff. But why is there no Blu-ray with this concert? I'm truly waiting for it. There are some dvd's but quality of the music and the picture are rather poor. I can't follow Neil Young now he is trying to set a new standard for mp3 but good concert on blu-ray, a product that he used before, he does not deliver, it's a shame
Ludo Belgium

Full Circle
Full Circle
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Blues with a hard-rock taste., 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Full Circle (Audio CD)
His guitar playing made it for me very interesting. I'm glad that I orderd this album. I'm discovering the real blues music and for me this is to much rock, as the same for the latest album of Joe Bonamassa, good music but not real blues in the way I love it.
Ludo Belgium

Iron Man
Iron Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the good die to early, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Iron Man (Audio CD)
I never heard of Michel Burks but in a newspaper there was an artikel that took my attention.
Thanks to Amazon I was able to buy this album and I was blown away. This is BB King but in sort of rock version, I like them both.
I will buy in next future the rest of his albums.
Ludo form Kapellen Belgium

Live At Montreux 2008 [Blu-ray] [2012]
Live At Montreux 2008 [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ The Raconteurs
Offered by skyvo-direct

3.0 out of 5 stars problem with sound, 26 Aug. 2012
First of all : bild quality is outstanding
The music was for me new : it's not just rock, it's not grunge or something els. I can't say that I don't like this,but is not all my cup tea.
Then the sound : when I started the blu-ray in DTS-HD most of the sound came from behind. I restarted this disk and the second thime there was a normal DTS-HD sound with not much on the back, in stereo and the order sourround the sound was not good at all.
I have an Arcam AVR 600 receiver and an Arcam blu-ray player speakers who are a perfect math.
In the HD sound I learned to enjoy this music because the HD track is very open and gives space to the instruments.
so : picture quality : 5 stars
sound quality : the problem with starting my blu-ray disk I can only give 2 stars because we pay enough for blu-ray

from
Ludo
Belgium

Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather Band - Paris Concert [Blu-ray] [2010]
Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather Band - Paris Concert [Blu-ray] [2010]
Dvd ~ Larry Carlton

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 complete different styles, 19 Feb. 2012
When you combines a typical rock guitarist with a more jazzy player somethimes it can work or not. Here is no doubt that in their own field they are great but here is the difference is to much. I like TOTO and I like Larry Steve but not in this combination. Sound and picture are fantastic.

The Grand Illusion + Pieces Of Eight (Live) [Blu-ray] [2012]
The Grand Illusion + Pieces Of Eight (Live) [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ Styx
Offered by Hardliner-music

3.0 out of 5 stars A show but only a show, 19 Feb. 2012
this blu-ray has a very good soud in dts hd en the picture quality is ok. I had the albums back in the seventies, it's fun but with this show I miss something : soul. When you see the show with John Mayall 70th birthday, you hear music, you feel music and you see music. Thats the difference between 3 stars and 5 stars or even more.

Page: 1 | 2