Profile for sujay > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Silent Boy
The Silent Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Written and Gripping, 29 April 2016
This review is from: The Silent Boy (Kindle Edition)
Andrew Taylor was a new author to me, but I will definitely read more of his books now. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can recommend it others. It is quite a long book, but this enables you to become fully engrossed in the tale of Charles and his forced move from France to Great Britain. He has experienced the harrowing ordeal of seeing his mother murdered at the time of the French Revolution and this clearly has a catastrophic effect on his future. The end of the book is nail-biting and I found myself reading late into the night to find out what happened.

Private Peaceful
Private Peaceful

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Atmospheric, 29 April 2016
This review is from: Private Peaceful (Kindle Edition)
This is the second Michael Morpurgo book I have read and it was brilliant. The way he writes makes you feel as though you are there with the characters and you feel everything that they feel, both good and bad. I would highly recommend this book to both children and adults.

A4 Mylar stencil sheets (20 x A4) 125 micron.
A4 Mylar stencil sheets (20 x A4) 125 micron.
Offered by Athena Crafts Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is brilliant and cut perfectly, 29 April 2016
I wanted this to use with my Silhouette machine so I could cut my own stencils. It is brilliant and cut perfectly. It is just about the right thickness and has a nice finish to it. The stencils can easily be reused and clean very easily with some warm water.

Prismacolor Colorless Blender 2/Pkg-
Prismacolor Colorless Blender 2/Pkg-
Offered by Creston

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 April 2016
I use these with several makes of colouring pencil and find they blend the colours well and give a lovely soft finish to your work.

Staedtler karat soft pastel chalks box set of 48 assorted artists colours
Staedtler karat soft pastel chalks box set of 48 assorted artists colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality, 19 April 2016
I purchased these to use in my adult colouring books for backgrounds and they are lovely. I usually grate a small amount off with a knife and then use either a cotton wool ball or pad to colour the area. There is a lovely variety of colours as you would expect from a collection of 48 and I have found that a little goes a long way. I am not an artist by any means, but I love the effect you get when using them in colouring books. I was very lucky and bought them when they were on offer, but I am not sure I would pay the full price for them just to use for backgrounds.

Lyra Super Ferby Thick colored pencil 12 piece, 6.3 mm lead, Assorted Colors
Lyra Super Ferby Thick colored pencil 12 piece, 6.3 mm lead, Assorted Colors

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Colours and Comfortable toHold, 19 April 2016
It doesn't say in the description, but these pencils contain metallic leads. There is good variety of colour from the usual gold, silver and bronze through to a couple of greens, a blue, pink and purple as well as varying shades of gold. The pencils are very easy to hold, being triangular in shape and with nice large barrels, they are ideal for both children and adults with dexterity problems. They will be lovely to highlight certain areas in adult colouring books which is why I purchased them.

Tassimo Descaling Tablets with 4 Tablets for 2 Descaling Processes
Tassimo Descaling Tablets with 4 Tablets for 2 Descaling Processes
Offered by QUAILITAS LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary to Clean the Machine, 19 April 2016
These tablets are needed only occasionally when you find the red light coming on your machine. They are very easy to use and dissolve easily in water. There are enough tablets for two cycles in the machine. The only down side is that I do have to use them more often than the supposed 400 cups of coffee that I believe you get between using them but that's a small price to pay. I keep them on hand so I can clean my machine whenever I need to.

Kindred (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery)
Kindred (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 12 April 2016
I have waited sometime for the latest Jefferson Tayte instalment and have to say the wait was worthwhile. This book follows on from the previous titles, although personally I do not feel that you have to have read them to enjoy this book. However, if you haven’t read any of the other titles I can highly recommend them. You will understand just what makes Jefferson Tayte tick and understand the character fully, which believe me is well worth knowing, from his fear of flying to his obsession with Hershey Chocolate and cream linen suits which he seams to be able to ruin with incredible ease.

As always the scene is set in the first few pages and never fails to please. This time JT as he is affectionately known is investigating his own family history and as always he manages to get himself into some very tight scrapes as he travels along the road to discovery. The book time-shifts between the modern day and the 2nd World War, moving effortlessly between the two. JT has been given some documents by his mentor which have given him some clues to his own family history and lead him to travel to Germany where he discovers some deeply hidden secrets. He is accompanied by his partner Professor Jean Summer and they are left in no uncertain doubt that they should return to London and not continue to investigate the organisation and individuals they are trying to discover, as some people will go to incredible lengths to keep secrets that have been hidden for decades, regardless of the atrocities that are being kept undiscovered.

The final few chapters are incredibly tense and I found myself constantly saying just one more chapter and then I will put the book down, but invariably this doesn’t happen and you keep going, which to me is the sign of a really good read. Once I have finished reading a Steve Robinson book I feel as if I have been on the journey with JT and I am exhausted.

I cannot wait for the next book and would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good genealogical mystery, you will not be disappointed.

Kit Artist Paintbrush Stylus with Rubber Tip Compatible with most Capacitive Touch Screens including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Smartphones and Tablets - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 3 April 2016
I bought this to use with my painting programs on my iPad and found it okay. I think the problem is my inability as an artist rather than the product not being suitable! The bristles retract fully to protect them which is good and the other end of the stylus is a conventional rubber tip. I think I would have liked to have something to keep it attached to my iPad as I did when I had a stylus on my mobile phone as it would be very easy to lose this one.

Creative Expressions Finishing Touches - Camellia Complete Petals by Sue Wilson - CED1421
Offered by CraftWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and Easy to Use, 3 April 2016
As with all Sue Wilson dies these are brilliant and easy to use. I love the fact you get several different sized flowers within the pack and multiple dies of the same size so you can cut the time you spend preparing flowers and get on with the fun bit of making projects. The pack also includes some leaves which are also very useful. The smallest dies really are tiny, so be careful not to lose them, I store them on a magnetic sheet as they could easily get thrown away with the offcuts.

These dies cut the entire shape of the flower or leaf, if you want just the outlines you need the open petals.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20