Profile for Karon. > Reviews

Content by Karon.

Karon. "pippa-bookworm" (Northamptonshire,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic YA novel for all ages, 29 Jun 2014
Personally I loved it and enjoyed just as much as the hunger games. Already downloaded book no two. Highly recommended!

Sisters of Treason
Sisters of Treason
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Believable story of the tragic grey sisters, 13 Jun 2014
After reading and enjoying the queens gambit I pre ordered sisters of treason. Elizabeth Fremantle writes interesting & gripping historical fiction that's much better than some of the chick lit historical fiction bodice rippers! Id day she's well on the way to competing with Phillipa Gregory & Alison Weir. I haven't given this book 5stars as it started well but went off kilter and dragged for a chapter or two as the scene was being set, but did pick up to become a very good read. We all know the tragedy of the grey sisters and I have visited beautiful bradgate park many times. If you've enjoyed this I highly recommend the sisters who would be queen by the excellent leanda de lisle

The One Plus One
The One Plus One
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Another jojo moyes classic!, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely brilliant once again ms moyles delivers a top notch read. Wish Id saved it for the beach so that I didn't have to stop to cook, work, walk dogs etc. highly recommended just buy it, read it, love it! Enjoy.

Blood & Beauty
Blood & Beauty
by Sarah Dunant
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape to renaissance italy and walk the corridors with the borgias, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Blood & Beauty (Paperback)
I watched the Borgias on sky & loved it (shame its been axed!) I also love a good history read fact and fiction and adored sacred hearts also by Sarah dunant a few years ago. This is the first fictional story about the borgias iv read, a slow burning start but soon gallops into action and intrigue. It was a last minute purchase at the airport whilst heading off for a sunny Easter break. Once I got into it non of my other reads got a look in! If you love historical well written fiction then this is the book to get lost in for a couple of days. Highly recommended & let's hope Ms Dunant's next book doesn't take so long to hit the shelves.

Interpreter of Maladies
Interpreter of Maladies
by Jhumpa Lahiri
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bookclub choice, 1 April 2014
I usually don't read short stories but this was chosen for our bookclub April read and I really enjoyed dipping in and out.
Short stories that say a lot.

Clare Nasir's Boot Camp [DVD]
Clare Nasir's Boot Camp [DVD]
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work but...., 1 April 2014
Not sure if thus really works yet as only done the odd 20min session three times last week and not yet started the eating plan. Watch this space. I can't do some of the planks yet as I need to build my strength, determined to stick with it!

The Lemon Grove
The Lemon Grove
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book...., 1 April 2014
This review is from: The Lemon Grove (Kindle Edition)
Not a comfort read but truly entertaining! Four rather unpleasant people thrown together in a holiday villa. At first I felt empathy for the main character with her weak husband & nasty stepdaughter ( I also have one of those!) but who's
The adult in that relationship? Bitter stepdaughters can be trying and perhaps that's why I was drawn to this book, that and the excellence reviews in the Sunday times. Saying that I'm in my 40s and would never in a month of Sundays be attracted to a 17year old boy. These days they still look like children to me! Won't give anything away but a great read about relationships and human behaviour in a beautiful setting. I loved it!

Half Bad
Half Bad
by Sally Green
Price: 3.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Over hyped teen read., 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Half Bad (Paperback)
Totally over rated yet another hyped book, not for adults but I'm sure some teens will love it! I actually found it a bit dull.

The Light Between Oceans
The Light Between Oceans
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of the year!, 15 Mar 2014
Loved this book amazing achievement for a debut , who is right who is wrong? Would you do the same? I never wanted this book to end and haven't, as yet, found anything to top it!

Wake
Wake
Price: 4.35

4.0 out of 5 stars A Poignant well written tale of the saddest and complexity of the aftermath of WW1, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wake (Kindle Edition)
I'm not quite sure where to start, apart from I very much enjoyed this book & read it very quickly. By now you know the tale so I won't elaborate. For a first novel it is a huge achievement , you are drawn into the novel wanting to know what happens to these ladies and their loved ones. Looking back, how truly tragic we did not recognise or care about physiological trauma. What stopped me from giving this remarkable book 5stars? It ended far too abruptly without any conclusion. If it had it would be 5stars all the way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13