Profile for S. Davies > Reviews

Content by S. Davies

S. Davies (UK)

VonHaus Ultra Slim Design Wall Bracket for 23-55 inch LCD/LED/Plasma TV Max VESA 400x400mm Weight Capacity 40kgs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Jan. 2015
This wall bracket was perfect for our requirements and certainly lives up to it's "Ultra Slim" title! We're very pleased with the range of movement and have been able to position our TV perfectly. The bracket fitted our Samsung LED 42" 5000-series screen perfectly.

Note that all fixings are included but we had to purchase some rawl plugs seperately as we were mounting the bracket and TV on an internal (stud) wall and the included fixings were not suited to this.

Toshiba SD1020 - DVD Player
Toshiba SD1020 - DVD Player
Offered by Retail-ABC - VAT Registered

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 2 Jan. 2015
Fantastic little player. Great price and does exactly what we want. Small size is perfect for slotting in to small spaces, we are using this in a bedroom and it takes up hardly any space at all.

Asus GeForce GT 610 Silent Nvidia Graphics Card (2GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA, Low Profile Design, 0dB Silent Cooling)

3.0 out of 5 stars !! Does not include low profile bracket !!, 24 Oct. 2013
Some words of warning: I purchased this video card from another website recently and it would have been perfect for upgrading to dual screen support on my Dell Vostro 230 ST but for one problem. As of April 2013 this video card DOES NOT ship with the low profile bracket included in the box! This information was not clear at the time of ordering and I wanted to share this detail with fellow Amazon members in case you too were looking to buy for the same reasons I did, to fit to a low profile computer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 11:53 AM GMT

Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 14 Dec. 2011
Just a quick review - I bought this case for my new iPhone 4S based on reading the reviews of other Amazon users, and can say that I am absolutely over the moon with my purchase! The case is slim, light and tight-fitting against the phone with a non-slip matt finish. It looks great, barely makes any difference to weight/size (we are talking millimetres around the edge of the handset) and doesn't affect the handling of the phone in the hand during daily use. Just perfect!!

Philips SHE9000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black
Philips SHE9000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by Lebo2Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice for gym members and/or runners, 6 Dec. 2011
I purchased these headphones to replace my broken Sennheiser ear canal headphones, I've gone through four (4) sets of Sennheiser headphones including CX-300, CX-300II and CX-400. Although the sound quality was superb, I lost 99% of sound output in either one or the other earbud after anything from 3 weeks to 6 months. Possibly down to using them in the gym and exposing them to the additional rough & tumble of gym bags and treadmills!

Anyway, on to these Philips headphones. They really are a great looking set (in my eyes) and the sound quality is just as good as my old Sennheisers. As soon as these arrived, I had them out of the packaging and in my ears. I've been running a few times and they have been excellent, BUT only after experimenting with the various ear caps included in the packaging. The standard ear caps had a habit of working their way loose after a few minutes running, but then I tried the "Comply" foam tips supplied in the pack and these are streets ahead (sorry, terrible pun) in terms of fit and comfort!!

So, bottom line: great price (I bought them during a promotion), great looks, excellent sound (including very decent bass reproduction) and - once using the Comply ear caps - very comfortable indeed!

Finally, I've given four stars in my review, but if the headphones last the distance and are still working in a few months time, I'll add a fifth star for durability...

Sennheiser CX 380 Sport II - High Performance Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Sports Optimised Design

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but broken within 3 months, 9 Oct. 2011
A real shame this, because I had high hopes for this product!

I buy these headphones for use in the gym, and in twelve months I've gone through a pair of CX-300, CX-300II and a pair of CX-400II Sennheiser headphones and all have failed in the same way, with sound from either the left or the right earbud dropping to somewhere between 0-10%. I bought these "sports optimised" (sweat resistant) CX380 headphones hoping that they would last a good while and prove to be more durable than their predecessors, but alas it was not to be and they have failed within 3 months of purchase and I'm back on to Sennheiser to talk about a replacement under warranty.

These headphones, like all other Sennheiser ear-canal headphones I have owned, have got 10/10 superb sound quality and are comfortable to wear BUT they are very very fragile! Hence the low rating of 2 out of 5 stars.

Disappointing.

Rayzor Professional UV400 Double Lensed Ski / SnowBoard Goggles, With a Matt Black Frame and a Vented Anti Fog Coated, Smoked Mirrored Anti-Glare Wide Vision Clarity Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 30 April 2011
I picked these up for a bargain price before heading to Andorra in April 2011. They were very good in the bright and sunny end-of-season conditions, the quality is decent enough and they were comfortable to wear both with and without a helmet. The anti-fog is superb and I never had any problems with vision.

Unfortunately, part way through my second snowboarding holiday in December 2011 one of the plastic brackets which holds the head strap to the side of the mask sheared and broke, rendering the goggles un-useable. However, for the price (I paid £20 inc. delivery) I have no complaints! These are cheap and cheerful and very good for budget holidaymakers.

One last point to make, which is that the smoke-tinted finish is great in clear and bright conditions but if you are skiing or snowboarding in low-light or bad weather conditions you would be better off with orange/yellow lenses.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2012 8:12 PM GMT

Grays Airfoil Superlite Badminton racquet
Grays Airfoil Superlite Badminton racquet

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 April 2010
I received this racquet as a gift (that I chose myself) from my folks, to replace my older and heavier Carlton Isoblade racquet. First impressions were very favourable indeed and it is much lighter and easier to play with than the heavier Carlton model that I was used to. All very positive up until two strings broke in my third visit to the badminton court (after approximately 2.5hrs of play). I did read the other review from "S. Tiley", who experienced the same fault, but wanted to give this racquet a chance as it looked to be good value. I'm now back with the Carlton whilst my new Grays Airfoil is being restrung. Overall I was very happy with this racquet, right up until the point that the strings snapped!

Diesel DZ1228 Gents Brown Leather Strap Watch
Diesel DZ1228 Gents Brown Leather Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars A heavyweight bargain!, 17 Oct. 2009
I spotted this watch in one of Amazon's "offers" emails and bought it straight away, when it was on sale for only a third of the RRP!! As other reviewers have said, too good to be missed! It is a very large and heavy watch with only simple features (no date display, for example) - which is what I wanted - and it just looks fantastic! After a couple of months of ownership, the heavy steel case has withstood a couple of knocks without even marking (phew!). Great quality, great price, great watch!!