Profile for Kenny > Reviews

Ultimate Navigation Manual
Ultimate Navigation Manual
by Lyle Brotherton
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best book on land navigation available., 14 Sep 2011
I am responsible for a large department where land navigation is part of the core syllabus; as routine we receive copies of every new publication on this subject and frankly, other than Uli Benker's book 'GPS auf Outdoor-Touren', there has been nothing innovative for years. So, when the Ultimate Navigation Manual arrived on my desk, I was expecting just another me-too, particularly as I had never heard of its author; how wrong I was! This work is outstanding and we have decided to make it required reading for all our students.

Existing map and compass methods are brought right up to date, enhanced and clarified by great photography; there are also many valuable new techniques, a 'must' for any navigaor's toolkit. The satnav section cuts through the jargon (prior to reading this book we referred to this technology erroneously as GPS); the author's obvious in-depth technical knowledge is written in an accessible and user-friendly style.