Profile for Andrew Bartley > Reviews

Content by Andrew Bartley

Andrew Bartley "A. Bartley" (UK)

900 x 600mm Double-Sided Magnetic Drywipe Dry Erase Whiteboard | Lightweight Aluminum Frame
Offered by ANSIO Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should - good size and value for money., 14 Mar. 2016
Good product at a reasonable price. Only issue I had was a small insect imbedded under the laminate (must have happened during the manufacturing process). While slightly annoying I wasn’t too bugged... (get it?)

Remember to peel off the protective covering - I think half of the reviews mentioning staining are because of the users that don’t do that and are wondering why it's not working.

Both vertical and horizontal hanging options. To hang vertically you will want to remove two corner pieces (4 screws) pull the smaller edge off - slide out the pen bracket and slide into new edging then screw back. 5-minute job.

First one I received has a crease in it. I think it had taken a sideways knock in transport - check yours out.

Duronic DM352 Double Twin LCD LED Desk Mount Arm Monitor Stand Bracket with Tilt and Swivel (Tilt ±15°|Swivel 180°|Rotate 360°) + 2 Years Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Feb. 2016
Sturdy and great quality for the price. Works well

Time Tutelary Dual 2 Automatic Vertical Tower KA015 Watch Winder New
Time Tutelary Dual 2 Automatic Vertical Tower KA015 Watch Winder New

5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality than expected, does the job!, 24 Feb. 2013
I purchased this watch as I was having problems with my automatic watch stopping running overnight. My girlfriend says I’m not active enough!... working from home office job so she's probably right!.

I now pop my watch into this overnight, and set it running on the 1 hour on, 3 hours pause mode. This machine quietly whirs away and I now haven’t had any problems with my watch stopping.

The build quality is pretty good, while it is plastic, it does feel fairly solid. There are a few rocker switches on the back for on off, and the various modes you can select.

It runs pretty much silently, and after the initial fiddle to work out how to get the block out and how to mount my watch (its spring loaded so just press it in and clip watch strap) I now can get it going within 30 seconds.

Would recommend if you have the same problem as me.

Archos G10 Gen10 101 XS Turbo 10.1 inch Tablet PC (ARM Cortex A9 1.5GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB Storage, WiFi, BT, Webcam, Android 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, fast and a handy keyboard, 1 Feb. 2013
Having owned 4 different Archos tablets over the last few years I have to say may be a bit of a biased fanboy.

Originally the Archos 101 Gen8, then the 101 Gen 9, then the 80 Cobalt and now the Archos Gen10 101 XS. The XS delivers with its 1.5 GHz chip and 1 GB memory it is more than enough to handle most apps. Screen transitions are fast, the keyboard/cover is a handy tool (if you can work out how to pry it off!).

It has everything you need for a modern tablet at half the price of some of the rivals with the same or better spec.

The only real down side to this tablet is the camera, it's still lacking a good resolution.

Small High Visibility Dog Life Jacket
Small High Visibility Dog Life Jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, looks great. However beward sizing issues!, 26 April 2012
This lifejacket is a good quality, nice looking product.

We took our Jack Russell on a canal holiday and he wore it for most of the week and didn't seem to notice he was wearing it
It didn't limit his movement at all.

The only problem we had was sizing, this listing stated: Girth Measurement: 21 - 24" (54 - 61cm) / Length of jacket (from base of neck to base of tail) 11" (28cm)

However, our Jack Russell has only a 20" girth and the Velcro wouldn't meet around his middle. However the straps were long enough to meet and clip in so we managed to use it ok.
I wouldn't suggest it for any slightly larger dogs.

Max Value USB 2.0 / eSATA Combo Enclosure for 3.5" IDE or SATA Hard Drive
Max Value USB 2.0 / eSATA Combo Enclosure for 3.5" IDE or SATA Hard Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice look and feel - but.., 4 Mar. 2008
The look and feel of the enclosure was very nice, however on trying to access the enclosure to inset the drive I had issues with one of the screws being either mis-threaded or faulty.

Once i finally got the screw out, there is a very limited space for you to place your hdd into the caddy. There are 2 rails with a short support to resest the drive on. I found that even with the 4 screws done tightly there the drive could rattle if moved against the sides. why they didnt just put a little more support under it instead of stopping half way is beyond me.

Also the activity light cable is really badly thought out. because it is on the opposite side there is a long cable which runs down one side of the caddy, unfortunatly the glue on mine wasnt working and the cable was loose, trying to get the caddy back in was a nightmare as the cable would not stay in the track made for it and kept jamming.

On the workings I tested both Sata drive and Pata drives, and the USB and the esata functionality. All worked perfectly and fast with no problems whatsoever.

I was really dissapointed as this is just what i was looking for but its design quality has let it down. I returned the item back to Amazon.