Profile for Malcontent > Reviews

Content by Malcontent

Malcontent (Abingdon Oxon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crossword Lists & Crossword Solver: Over 100,000 potential solutions including technical terms, place names and compound expressions
Price: 5.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Useful, 6 Jun 2014
My wife regularly uses the paperback version of this book and I wondered whether a Kindle version would be more convenient when in our touring caravan. I loaded it onto an old Kindle and also onto a Kindle Paperwhite so that I could learn how to use it. As you might expect there are no instructions and it helps if you already know how the contents are organised. Using it on a plain old Kindle was pretty difficult, but once you have worked out how to do it the Paperwhite loaded one works very well indeed.

Draper 40765 18-Volt 2-Speed Cordless Hammer Drill Ni-CD Battery
Draper 40765 18-Volt 2-Speed Cordless Hammer Drill Ni-CD Battery
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK
Price: 74.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid drill, 5 Feb 2014
Though I've not yet put it to the test, this drill looks and feels very business-like. I think that I shall enjoy using it!

Kipling Women's Defea True Blue Medium Handbag
Kipling Women's Defea True Blue Medium Handbag
Price: 58.04

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, 4 Feb 2014
What is there to say. I liked the look of this bag on the website, and my wife absolutely loves it. Good quality and lots of space.

TOSHIBA MULTI REGION SD3010 or SD3005 DVD. PLAYS DVDs near to HIGH DEFENITION.
TOSHIBA MULTI REGION SD3010 or SD3005 DVD. PLAYS DVDs near to HIGH DEFENITION.
Offered by magicdiscounts
Price: 47.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 4 Feb 2014
This is a companion to the similar model bought a couple of years ago. As with the first one it worked straight from the box ( when not connected to SCART switch box I have reviewed elsewhere).

HQ High Quality SCART Switch Box - Silver
HQ High Quality SCART Switch Box - Silver
Price: 12.92

1.0 out of 5 stars A dead loss, 4 Feb 2014
The switch box worked perfectly with one of the inputs that I wished to use but my DVD player would not work in either socket. The help person could not suggest a solution and I asked for a refund. This worked very well indeed. I subsequently ordered a much cheaper non switched model and it is working perfectly.

Aroma Home Cat Knitted Gel Hand Warmers
Aroma Home Cat Knitted Gel Hand Warmers
Price: 9.75

3.0 out of 5 stars They look good, 4 Feb 2014
Happily, the weather has not yet been cold enough for my wife to try them. But they certainly look good.

Ravensburger Higgledy Piggledy House Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Ravensburger Higgledy Piggledy House Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super puzzle, 30 Mar 2013
My wife is the jigsaw addict. She found this one to be well made and satisfyingly difficult for her to do.

Metcalfe PO233 LNWR Signal Box
Metcalfe PO233 LNWR Signal Box
Offered by Hobbybase
Price: 9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely kit, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Metcalfe PO233 LNWR Signal Box
All Metcalfe kits are of an excellent standard and this was no exception. Unfortunately this was the OO kit and I wanted the N gauge one. No problem, the supplier exchanged it at no extra cost. And the signal boxes are lovely,

Oven Gloves Double thick padding. Size: 36" length.
Oven Gloves Double thick padding. Size: 36" length.
Offered by Daily Buy
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What My Wife Wanted, 14 Mar 2013
My wife was looking to replace her aged oven cloths but did not want the padded mitten varieties commonly available. These are perfect replacements for her old ones.

Metcalfe PN110 Red Brick Platform Card Kit - up to 8ft in length
Metcalfe PN110 Red Brick Platform Card Kit - up to 8ft in length
Offered by Hobbybase
Price: 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality kit, 14 Mar 2013
I have never yet been disappointed by a Metcalfe kit. In my experience they all provide clear instructions and materials of excellent quality. This kit is no exception.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3