Profile for Patty > Reviews

Food Styling: The Art of Preparing Food for the Camera
Food Styling: The Art of Preparing Food for the Camera
by Delores Custer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, 8 Dec. 2011
I'm very pleased with the quality of it. Is a massive book which it will keep me really busy.

The Author works a lot hard showing details and important informations,trick of the trade and giving tips how to start into Food Styling.

I haven't finished the book,as I said is huge and contains a lot of information too. On the back of the book you can find a lot of websites to contact with other Food Stylist/Shops to buy equipments,etc.

I'm a Product/Still Life/Food Photographer and I think is important to know how a Food Stylist work.

I will recommend this book definitely!!

massG® Professional Photography Studio Kit
massG® Professional Photography Studio Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough information on the advert., 8 Dec. 2011
As I said before my previews review,which I don't see here anymore,is really "cheap" in quality.

I had problems since they arrived missing items such as: 2 soft boxes(Continuos Light), and 2 umbrellas( 2 silvers), and one stand,but they sort it out straightaway,but I'm still feeling rip off.

They've announced 3x110w Professional Studio Kit,which means 3 lights,in my box came only 2.
Very little information the way the announced the product.
The sync cable is very plastic and does work only with one light,doesn't have connection with other light.

I've contact them and they said to me,they will sort it out with the missing "Light",and asking me to change my review.I'm not waiting anymore.

In general the product is very basic, not Professional as they said.For an entry level is good enough until would last.

If you've got money enough go for a Professional ,but if your not, wait until you can get a descent one.Get as much information before buying.
I'm Product/Still Life/Food Photographer and I can manage for a "while" with this equipment.
I will not recommnend this, is up to you.

Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
by Nicole S. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 5 Nov. 2011
This is another book. I like to read different books in the same subject,with different views.
This one I quite like the processing images with adobe photoshop, which I will have lots of headache :)but is great to know the right way to photoshop Food. Frame&Composition,and Behind the scenes I loved it, Styling & Props, very important to know this.
I'd recommended this one,too. Great guide .

Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling
Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling
by Helene Dujardin

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Nov. 2011
I've been reading a lot in Food Styling books, this one I have started the first chapter and sneak through the book. Lots of information, details of how use your camera setting for food, light,composition,styling, everything you need to know as a guide. I'm really looking forward to get into this after finishing others. I'd recommnend this one,too.

Food Styling for Photographers: A Guide to Creating Your Own Appetizing Art
Food Styling for Photographers: A Guide to Creating Your Own Appetizing Art
by Linda Bellingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, 5 Nov. 2011
This is the first, as I didn't know so I read the second one from the same author which is really great. This explain with more details some projects. I'm in one project now with Cold Beverage and is great how the author explain step by step. Photography world in Still Life/Food Photography is great and definitely if, Food Styling is your field, this is the book , too.
I'd recommned this book, is a great guide .

More Food Styling for Photographers & Stylists: A guide to creating your own appetizing art
by Linda Bellingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!, 5 Nov. 2011
This book is fantastic as I'm just starting into Food Styling as I'm a Photographer,too. Great tips,very well explain. Also I'd advice to buy the first book for Photographer.
I would recommnend this book definitely!!:)

PhotoSEL BS104 Professional Background Support System 2.6m (H) x 3m, 2.5m, 2m, or 1.5m (W) with Carry Bag
Offered by PhotoSEL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great equipment, 1 Jan. 2011
I've received some days before, that's great. Came well wrap up,great bag quite big but you still can put other stuff in there. Easy to assembler,good material. I'm really happy!!! I will recommend this !

The Digital Photography Book: Part 3
The Digital Photography Book: Part 3
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful!!!, 26 Aug. 2010
I've bought all 3 books from this collection and I've carried with me all the time as I've started my Photography Business.
The author Scott Kelby is great and he writes with his heart, explaining everything and all tricks in Photography which is really cool.
Of Course I will recommend these books.

Wedding Photography: The Complete Guide
Wedding Photography: The Complete Guide
by Mark Cleghorn

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!!!, 26 Aug. 2010
Brilliant book!!!
I've started my Photography Business and eventually I'd like to to some Wedding Photography.
Beautifull book, well done organized in chapeters which is really usefull and goes straight to the subject you want.
Sure, I will recommend this book!!!

PROFESSIONAL CHILDREN'S PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY: Techniques and Images from Master Photographers (Photo Pro Workshop Series)
by Lou Jacobs Jr

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas to start in photography business, 26 Aug. 2010
I liked this book even though shows all American style. Nice pictures,well done explanation about all photographers, the way they had started a photography business etc....
I will recommend this book .