Profile for NickyB > Reviews

Content by NickyB

NickyB

Henry and the Magic Teapot (Henry and the Magic Pencil Book 1)
Henry and the Magic Teapot (Henry and the Magic Pencil Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars It was funny, 17 April 2013
It was funny because his Nan kept getting covered in different paint. I enjoyed it for that reason. I want to read more Henry stories.

(by my daughter, aged nearly 7)

The Aardvark Who Wasn't Sure
The Aardvark Who Wasn't Sure
by Jill Tomlinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book to complete our set, 11 Nov. 2012
This is a lovely book - we had the other 6 as a boxed set but my daughter was keen to have this one too. It's a nice story which she's enjoyed having read to her.

Sophie's Adventures: "Sophie's Snail" , "Sophie's Tom" , "Sophie Hits Six" (Sophie Adventures)
by Dick King-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stories, 27 July 2012
Bought for a small friend after reading the stories to my 5-year-old, who thoroughly enjoyed them. Lovely gentle stories with plenty of mischief!

Sophie's Further Adventures: "Sophie in the Saddle" , "Sophie is Seven" , "Sophie's Lucky"
by Dick King-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stories, 27 July 2012

15" ALIEN TERMINATOR ROBOT CLAW
15" ALIEN TERMINATOR ROBOT CLAW
Offered by The Online Stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy child, 27 July 2012
Bought for my 6-year-old daughter who wanted one for home after playing with a similar one. Quite short (obviously, at 15") but that's good as she tends to use it a replacement hand! It's not going to last for ever but is as good quality as any other I've seen.

Uno Extreme Card Game
Uno Extreme Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Screams of laughter, 27 July 2012
We love this and bought it as a present for friends. The children (6 and 8) scream with laughter when the cards come flying out - they think it's hilarious. Also a good game for teaching some strategic thinking (how can I make sure Daddy doesn't win, etc,)! Easy for everyone to understand how to play and fun for all the family.
The cover you have to remove to put the cards in is a bit stiff on our unit - I worry about breaking it but it has been OK. However, on the one we bought as a gift it's fine.

Knitted Wild Animals
Knitted Wild Animals
by Sarah Keen

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute animals and clear instructions, 16 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
I've found it really hard to find decent patterns for knitted animals, so am thrilled with this - they are so cute. I like the fact that there are instructions on "how to" rather than just the patterns themselves, although I found some of them hard to follow - not quite enough pictures/steps in some of the step-by-step instructions. The patterns so far seem fairly simple as well - probably not for absolute beginners but good for "improvers".

Pentax Optio LS1100 Digital Camera - Black (14MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value and great pictures, 16 Jan. 2011
Really pleased with this as a replacement for my broken Pentax Optio M40. Very slim, lovely big screen and takes very good pictures and videos. Thought this was an excellent price too, as everything similar I had looked at was much more expensive.