Profile for MixingIt > Reviews

Lalique By Lalique: Glass Vases, Perfume Bottles & Tableware
Lalique By Lalique: Glass Vases, Perfume Bottles & Tableware
by Gorringe Antiques

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, 4 Dec. 2013
Birthday present for a friend, but a big disappointment. Not a proper book at all. Feel somewhat ripped off - must pay more careful attention in future.

Ufabulum
Ufabulum

4.0 out of 5 stars very good especially scopem hard, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Ufabulum (MP3 Download)
very good, especially scopem hard... only dropped 1 star because nothing can be as good as Hard Normal Daddy. Buy.

Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars I concur with the other reviewers..., 4 Dec. 2013
Bought this in order to become familiar with current material before seeing a thoroughly enjoyable live concert, a strategy that served me well earlier in the year for a Squarepusher gig. Although much of my music is instrumental, the songs on this Numan album draw you in, and although dark in tone, are often surprisingly catchy / anthemic pop, with some familiar Numan sound tropes to make you feel at home, and a tight band all round.

The Concrete Twin
The Concrete Twin

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowing out on a high, 14 May 2011
This review is from: The Concrete Twin (Audio CD)
I came to this album recently after hearing the sad news of Mick's death. As well as Karn's last CD, it could also be mine, as I tentatively contemplate switching to download. Nevertheless the important contribution Mick's music has made to my life meant that I preferred a physical object this time. I concur with many of the positive remarks of the other reviewers and very much enjoying listening to this work, particularly TV Woo, and certainly recommend this CD. Unlike others I did not miss Mick singing here, but I will certainly miss the possibility to see him or hear new music from him from now on.