Profile for MISS Derna Fearon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rewarded: Torn Between Two Lovers
Rewarded: Torn Between Two Lovers

3.0 out of 5 stars Part 3... Quick easy read, 11 Aug 2014
Rewarded is the final part in the Torn Between Two Lovers, and we get to see whom the readers picked for Anna, will it be #Team Grayson or #Team Joaquin who wins Anna’s Heart.

“I promise to be in touch with both of you when I get my head straight”

Rewarded picks up where an action packed Risky ended. Joaquin enemies have put Anna’s in danger, and Grayson and Joaquin now have to put all their feeling aside and work together to put Anna first.

The storyline was fast-paced, and action packed with lots of sexual tension between the Characters. Anna has a tough choice to make as she is torn between two very different lovers. I’m not going to tell you whom Anna chooses in the end. You will have to read the series to see for yourself. I did think after I finished the book that the loser gets his own HEA in a future story.

Overall, I like the series, I felt it was well written, but I still don’t know how I feel about Anna, but happy that she got her HEA. I’m not a big fan of cliffhangers so I was glad that I was able to read all three novellas together.

If you’re looking for a quick, action-packed and sexy series, then this could be for you.

Risky: Torn Between Two Lovers
Risky: Torn Between Two Lovers

3.0 out of 5 stars Part 2....Liked it but I'm still #TeamGrayson, 11 Aug 2014
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Risky is part two in the Torn Between Two Lovers and picks up where Raw ended. A heartbroken Anna has fled to Aruba to get over Grayson’s betrayal and there she meets Joaquin Delacruz.

Joaquin is wealthy and gorgeous casino mogul he’s a reformed bad boy who also happens to be Grayson enemy. Joaquin always gets what he wants and he wants Anna. It isn’t long before Anna is falling for this powerful man, and starts to get is mixed up in his world.

“She was here to forget, to move on. Her heart might need more convincing though”

I did like the storyline, hot, steamy, and action packed, but with more suspense than the first book. I have to admit I had an issue with Anna during this book, I just could understand how she could move on from Grayson so quickly, especially once she knew who Joaquin was. Don’t get me wrong, he was honest with her from the start, and he was very charming, sweep her off her feet, and as much as I like him at times I was still #Team Grayson.

I’m looking forward to the last book in the series to discover who the readers picked Anna. #Team Grayson or #Team Joaquin. If I had voted at the time, it would have voted #TeamGrayson

Raw: Torn Between Two Lovers
Raw: Torn Between Two Lovers

3.0 out of 5 stars I like this one. #TeamGreyson, 11 Aug 2014
Raw was the first in the 3 part sexy romance series called Torn Between Two Lovers where the reader was asked to vote on who the heroine should pick, who would ultimately win her heart.

Raw tells the story of restaurant owner Anna Claire, who falls in love with Grayson James her new gorgeous prep chef. Grayson is the first man in a long time to catch Anna’s eye, however, what Anna doesn’t know is Grayson is an FBI agent working undercover at her restaurant to discover who is behind the restaurant being used as a front to smuggle drugs.

Grayson has a job to do, he was only meant to get close enough to Anna to discover if she was involved, but he but doesn’t count on his feelings for Anna and they soon embark on a hot sexy steamy relationship.

“And as scary as it seemed it was fantastic, too. She never wanted it to end”

I liked the storyline, and with only 80 pages the story is a quick, easy steamy read. It’s action packed, and a lot happens as you discover who is behind the drug smuggling, what happens when Anne discovers the truth about Grayson and learn of his betrayal. I did like Grayson maybe not all of his choices, but I was in the end #TeamGrayson

There is a cliffhanger ending, but I didn’t mind, as I was moving on to the next book in the series Risky to discover what is going to happen next.

Captured Again (The Let Me Go Series Book 2)
Captured Again (The Let Me Go Series Book 2)
Price: 1.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable continuation of the sister's story, 11 Aug 2014
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Captured Again was the second book in the Let Me Go series by L. L Akers. I remember the first book in the series Let Me Go was not an easy read as the storyline had dealt with some difficult, and tough subjects. I had wanted to read this one as to see how the girls were going to move forward with their lives,

Captured Again picks up five years later. Emma is now grown up, and trying to forget her past, and move forward with her life. Gabby is too, but she is suffering from a new heartache, and Olivia is trying to support the both her sisters.

I enjoyed the book like the first book it was an emotional read, My heart went out to Gabby with all what she was going though. I love that Emma was trying to make positive change in the life. I think fate step in the night she meets Dusty, as he was what she needed.

“I know we barely know each other, but I’ll take my chance on getting burnt. You’re worth the risk.”

This is more Emma and Gabby’s story and I must admit whilst reading it as it was coming to an end, I was a little disappointed that we were and had not got more of Olivia’ s story, however, I was pleased to discover once I had finished the book a message from the author to say that Olivia will be getting her own book.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, it was another well-written, well-paced emotional story about sister trying to survive, and not let their past continue to influence their future. The twists and the suspense of the story kept me intrigue till the very end.

It does say that Captured Again, can be read as a Stand-Alone, but I wouldn’t read this one until you have read Let Me Go as it will give you all you need to know about the sister, and their painful past, it will allow you to connect with them better.

I’m looking forward to reading the next book.

On a side note if you don’t normally read the acknowledgement at the end of a book, please take the time to read the one from L.L.Akers as it moving read, and explains the background part of the story.

Six of Hearts
Six of Hearts
by L.H. Cosway
Price: 8.38

4.0 out of 5 stars ****4.5 stars*** love it! Loved Jay Fields, 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Six of Hearts (Paperback)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

When I got a message from a friend asking if I would like to review a book called the Six of Hearts by L.H Cosway I thought I had not read any of her books before, but I will take a look at the synopsis, and oh boy!! As soon as I read it, I knew my answer was going to be a big fat YES!!! I was more than happy to step right up, and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist, Mentalist, and Trickster. The book sounded good, and it really was.

"So why not live with the magic? Be a kid again and believe in the fantastical. Life is more fun with a little smoke and mirrors."

I really enjoyed the storyline; I was sucked in from the start, after reading the prologue, and didn’t want to put it down. L.H Cosway kept me guessing, and I was intrigued as to see how it was all going to unfold. I want to know what Jay’s secret was. Every time I thought I had figured it out or what was going to happen, then something would happen that would make me second guess what I was thinking. I have to admit I only really work it all at the end, when all the pieces started to fall into place. There was definitely a few Ah ha!! Moments,

"Isn't it more exciting not knowing, just letting the possibilities be endless?

The story is told from Matilda POV, I thought Matilda was great and she made me laugh so many times, with the things she said, lots of mouth engaged before brain moments. Loved the way she thinks, her inner dialogue, there was an innocent about her. I like that I got to know her fears, her insecurities and her feelings, especially when it came to all things to do with the heart.

“He has this magnetic energy that makes me feel anxious and excited, all at once”

”I want epic love, like you see in the movies. I want it so desperately that it fills my heart when I like about the possibilities of ever losing it.”

I loved Jay it wasn’t just that he was hot, sexy, and had tattoos and that he made me smile every time he said “dahlin”. There was just something about him. He was sweet, charming, cheeky, and a bit of a mystery. Loved the way he was with Matilda so protective of her. I would have liked his point of view at times as I did wonder what he was thinking.

“Please don’t push for more, even if it feels like I want you so badly it hurts, even if I’m the one doing the pushing

“There it is again. That “dahlin” will be the death of me one of these days”

Loved their relationship, their connection, their chemistry, their sexual tension, and banter/ dialogue that they had together. It was sweet, funny and intense at times, but it was also but also touching.

‘I love how he so thoroughly consumes me to the point where the entire world fades away”

“When I look at you, my head clears. Most times there's a storm up in this brain of mine, but then you walk into a room and I can focus."

Overall, I really enjoyed Six of hearts. Loved the way it all came together in the end. It was the first book I read by L.H Cosway, and I can tell you now it won’t be the last. Loved her writing style, and her ability to keep me hooked. The way she described the illusion made me feel I was right there watching. The secondary characters were great really added to the story.

If you’re looking for something that will keep you on your toes, with a bit of a mystery that was funny, and sweet. Then I would recommend that you give this book a try.

“I’ll never hit a lady, but I’ll slap a bitch.”

I don’t normally put real life people, to characters, but whilst reading a book, but the whole time I was reading this I had Darcy Oake in my mind, he was the sexy tattooed Magician /Illusionist who appeared on Britain’s got Talents 2014. Google him, and you will see what I mean.

Beautiful Ties (The Beautiful Series Book 4)
Beautiful Ties (The Beautiful Series Book 4)
Price: 1.86

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this one!, 5 Aug 2014
Beautiful Ties is the fourth book in the `Beautiful' series by Alicia Rae and is Abby Kyle's sister and Jason Johnson Lily's cousin's story. I have to admit I had been meaning to read this one for a while and after receiving an Arc of the fifth book in the series A Beautiful Thought. I knew I had to read this one first as I can't read books out of order even if they can be read as standalone.

"Love happens when you least expected"

Abby work alongside her brother, she is hard working, smart, sexy and fun. She's looking for love as she is ready to settle down, and when she meets Johnson the attraction is instant, but Jason has just started work with her brother, which means that their relationship should be kept profession, however she soon discovers this is easier said that done.

Jason is tall, sexy, smart and very charming. He likes Abby; as soon as he saw her, she instantly captivated him. He wants her, and he is determined to show her with his sweet charm that you can mix business with pleasure.

I really enjoyed the storyline, told from Abby's Pov. I was a sweet sexy romantic read. I liked Jason and Abby they worked well together. It was funny and sweet to see how Jason went about proving to Abby that they would be good together, how he starts to break down her guard. That man was determined I can tell you, I like the way their relationship developed, it was fast-moving, but it works for them you couldn't deny their attraction and chemistry that they had.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one. Like the rest of the previous books Alicia Rae hooked from the start, it's a well written, well-paced sweet sexy story perfect read for a Sunday morning. I liked the secondary story about regarding Abby's relationship with Pearl it was touching to read, and Pearl was such a cute character. Love how the previous main charters are woven into the story, always nice to know what is happening in their lives.

If you love romance stories that will l pull at your heart about family and friendships, with likeable characters that are low on the drama and angst, but has plenty of the sexy steamy then this one is for you.

Now that I have finished this one I'm excited to move straight onto A Beautiful Thought, which will be Gail Bennett Abby's best friend and Lily's cousin Damon Johnson' s story.

Favorites Quotes

"Whatever this is between us... I don't ever want it to end."

"My mind was reeling, and I had butterflies in my stomach. In that instant, I decided to hand over the cards to fate, opening myself to whatever it might bring, as embraced this moment"

"This man was turning my insides into a bundle of nerves. Resisting his charms would surely be the end of me"

"Got to break down those steel barriers of yours somehow, and coffee is the way to your heart"

"I realized I was holding the possibility of us at bay, because I was scared. I was afraid of what I felt for him, especially in such a short time"

"I don't know what this is between us, Abbey, but I have never felt this way about anyone before. I'm drawn to you with your beauty, your laugh your smile"

"Life is too short to live your life by what-if"

"The things you make me feel inside and the way you look at me as though I'm all you see makes the word love seem as if it's not enough to describe what I feel for you"

Three Months and You're Mine (In Too Deep Book 5)
Three Months and You're Mine (In Too Deep Book 5)
Price: 1.83

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one!, 5 Aug 2014
Three Months and You're Mine this the last in the (In Too Deep series from Casey McMillin and is Meredith Blake story Collins, younger sister.

Meredith Collins knows what she wants, she has a plan and she knows just the person who could help her. The only problem is that person, it’s Zack Larson, her brother’s best friend.

Zack doesn’t really think it's a good idea to start messing around with his best friend's little sister, who as far as he is concerned is off limits. Nevertheless, he offers to help her with her plan under one conditioned, one that he thinks Meredith would soon forget, however Zack has underestimated how persistent Meredith could be.

I enjoyed the story; it was a quick, easy romantic read. Meredith was sassy, confident and independent. Zack may have seemed like a player, but was a good guy. Their friendship was great, and I loved watching it all unfold, seeing their feelings for each other develop.

I have really enjoyed this series about a group of close-knit of friends. It’s bittersweet that has come to an end, as I will miss the characters, but I happy the way things have ended for them all.

If you’re looking for a fun, easy sweet romantic read with hot swimmers then, this series is just for you.

‘Favorite Quotes’

“For the love of God, did I think she had potential? Good one. I couldn’t wait to explore the possibilities”

“Even thought I didn’t know exactly what made him different from other guys Id been with, I wanted him with an intensity that scared me”

“I recalled the sight of her gorgeous little pixie face, and all sorts of urges started coursing thought my body”

“I don’t care how long you want to wait as long as you’re with me when you stop waiting”

Ugly Love
Ugly Love
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly beautiful, and a must read., 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ugly Love (Kindle Edition)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

It seems to be a common theme with myself, and Colleen Hoover books that 24 hours after reading it I’m still thinking about them. I have had re-read the last 8 chapters and the epilogue again, not because I wanted to go through all the tears again, but just because!

“Ugly love becomes you. Consumes you.”

Miles Archer and Tate Collins’s story was an emotional journey from start to finish, and I loved every minute of it. I’m not going to go into the storyline as any book from Colleen is one that you have to read only knowing the synopsis, but I will say this book Ugly Love just hooked me from the start.

“I didn’t fall in love with you… I flew.”

I loved Miles from the start, as I knew he was in pain he had demons and they were big, I didn’t know what they were but I could just sense it, feel it. I loved the way Colleen wrote Miles’s POV, they may have been shorter, but that didn’t matter because it wasn’t just about what he was saying which was just poetry, but the way the words flowed across the page, the way the words were placed on the page, the size of some of some of the words, they gave his POV more of an IMPACT giving it that extra dimension that allowed the story to completely captivate me, after every one of his POV I was left in some sort of trance wanting to know more, needing to know more about his secret the one that had left him feeling that could never love anyone again.

“If I were capable of loving someone . . . it would be you.”

“Don’t ask about my past. And never expect a future.”

It was both frustrating and exciting at the same time. Miles’s chapters read like a countdown, everything was unfolding in slow motion, for me, I knew that something was coming, something heartbreaking, that would finally find out what his secret was, but I didn’t exactly know what, but

10~ I

4~ going

3 ~to

2 ~ be

1~ UGLY

And it was….. Oh yes it was! Chapter 32…. Tears, Tears, Tears and more Tears.

Tate I love her too. I so understood her, the was an undeniable mutual attraction between her and Tate, and so I felt for her, her heartache, her battle of falling in love with someone, and you know it's not good for you. Ultimately Tate knew that her relationship with Miles may not end well, there was a high possibility that he might break her heart, but once her feelings came into play what could she do… every time she sees him, thinks about him, he consumes her, from touch, his word, his smile, his kiss… sometimes as much as you try you just can’t fight it. You have to follow your heart, when you know, you know, and just forget what your brain may be screaming at you.

“As soon as he comes into view, I lose the war. The war I didn’t’ even know I was” fighting.

“It’s hard not to notice his presence when his presence becomes everything”.

I really love the dynamics between the Miles and Tate and wanting to know more about them especially Miles. I love Miles and Tate relationship even thought it was painful to read at the time it was moving, touching, sexy, and passionate sweet.

Make me leave… You don’t need this… I just don’t know how to stop wanting you.
Tell me to go, and I’ll go.”

“I can’t quit you”

The secondary characters added so much colour and life to this book I adore Cap, bit of a scene-stealer at times. Loved Corbin, and Ian, but Dillon not so much…. creep!!!

“Sometimes we don’t do it for ourselves. We do it for the people we love more than ourselves”

As always with Coleen, her books I absolutely love her writing style, her way with words, the way she makes me connect to the characters. Ugly Loves leaves you emotional, breathless, and in one big book hangover. You will cry, you will cheer, may even get frustrated, but and most of all you will feel…feel the emotions of the characters. It was truly beautiful, and a must read.

"God gave us ugliness so that we don't take the beautiful things for granted."

Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series)
Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very hot sexy read!, 4 Aug 2014
I was very late to the table in reading this one even thought its been sitting on my Ipad since forever!! I actually brought it with ITunes vouchers that I got from my birthday the day the day before it released back in February 2013. It just sat there waiting for me get to it.

I knew it was going to he a hot read that it was full of sex, however when I heard from the authors that there was sex in EVERY chapter, well the Kindle got kicked to the curb out can the Ipad!! I

And I have to say it didn’t disappoint, this book was hot and sexy from the start to finish and I loved every chapter. Loved Chloe and Bennett together in and out of the bedroom. Love their emotions, their banter, and their sexy times together.

Love Christina Lauren writing style, it was funny and passion, it was a great mix of everything I love. I read it in one sitting I just couldn’t put it down.

Even thought again I will be late to the table I can’t wait to read Beautiful Stranger, for more hot sex!

Favorite quotes:

“I was thinking, ‘Highly f***able intern, twelve o’clock. Disengage, soldier. I repeat, disengage.”

“For some sick reason, fighting with this woman always ended with her panties in my pocket.”

"I want you to watch. And tomorrow when you're sore, I want you to remember who did it to you."

"So here were the facts: I felt possessive of her. Not in a romantic sort of way, but in a "hit her over the head, drag her off by the hair, and f*** her" way."

“Who would have thought working for an angry jac**** would result in my getting f***** up against a cold window at work and liking it?”

I'm going to make you come so hard you forget that you're supposed to be the world's biggest ****ole.

Among The Echoes
Among The Echoes
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book! You must meet Slate Andrews!, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Among The Echoes (Kindle Edition)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Among the Echoes is the third book I have read by Aly Martinez, and like the last two I just loved it.

“One touch was enough to hook me”

The story of Dr. Erica Hill aka Riley Peterson and Slate Andrews started off with a bang, I was hit hard with an onslaught of emotions after reading the first two chapters and my heart went out to Erica, and I knew I was hooked, Aly had yet again managed to grab hold of me from the time I swipe the first page, and didn’t let me go until I had I swipe the last page.

The storyline is told from Riley and Slate’s POV. I can’t / won’t go into and I know I say this every time I write my review after reading one of Aly’s books, but it's true, you have to read them with only knowing what Aly wants you to know, and therefore, the emotions you are going to feel will be first hand.

I can tell you that Riley/Erica was a great character, funny, smart, but understandably after what she had been through, her walls were up, she was always on guard, she had stopped living, hiding her true self, until she meets Slate. She tries to be strong, tries to walk away, if only to keep him safe, but this is Slate, and she is unable to let him go.

What can I say about Slate! As we know Aly knows how to create men that make you go weak at the knees, I mean just look at Brett Sharp and Caleb Jones, and she didn’t disappoint me with Slate, He’s sexy, he was a fighter, and wow! He can fight!! He can fight for me any day. He’s an alpha, a dirty talker with muscles, golden brown eyes and heart of gold, and I loved the way he was with Riley, the way he could really see her, vowed to protective of her. He knows when to push her, and when to let her go, but without really letting go. Love him!!

‘Among the Echoes’ is a story that’s going to without a doubt captive you with it angst, drama, suspense and romance. Like me Aly will make you cry, laugh, swoon, get angry, get anxious, and all hot, and bothered with her sexy scenes. Her writing is amazing; her characters and their story was believable. You will feel their emotions, especially Riley, I can’t tell you how many time my heart ached for her.

The ending had me on the edges of my seat, Loved, loved the epilogue as Aly wrote one that was years instead of a few months into the future, and they are always a firm favorite of mine. Love the surprise POV at the end of the epilogue and the last line after reading it, I said to myself “well, I never” and I had to say to Aly Well played, I loved the way you think!! Because….. It was a good one. Brilliant!

If you’re looking for great emotional storylines, with the sexiest alpha men, then look no further than a book by Aly Martinez. I recommend that you 1 click Among the Echoes’ today. You will not be disappointed, and I’m sure you will understand why I can’t wait for the next one.

Favorite Quotes (I had more, but I couldn’t use them as they gave away spoilers)

“Anything you need Riley. Even if you think it’s silly. You Know where I’m at. Don’t’ be afraid to come to me”

‘Tonight….I felt something I never felt with anyone but Dave…safe”

“She doesn’t’ need to thank me. I’m doing this just as much for myself as I am for her”

“I’m a freaking masochist for torturing myself like this. I’m also curious and, for some reason, utterly drawn to her”

“Forget my rescue mission to save her… Who’s going to save me”

F*** your fairytale. I just want you. I’ll make my own God damn happily ever after. But you’re the one who is mistaken. You’ll be at the end of that story, beautiful”

“You’re the only one who truly sees me”

"I can see you, but I can’t hear you. There are too many lies and secrets echoing around us, distorting the real woman. I don’t know who you truly are, Riley, but tiny flashes of that woman whisper around the room between us. I will find the real you among the echoes—and I will make her mine."

“All of a sudden, Slate f***ing Andrews walked into your life, and something changed”

"I want you. All of you. Not these little bits I hear echoing around the room. I just want you, Riley."

“Holy s***!! Slate gives good dirty talk”

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20