Profile for MISS Derna Fearon > Reviews

Content by MISS Derna Fearon

MISS Derna Fearon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Heart & Seoul (The Space Between Book 3)
Heart & Seoul (The Space Between Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A touching, and heartfelt novella, 14 Feb 2014
Heart and Seoul was a sweet, touching, and heartfelt novella about Drake’s search for his identity told from Lacey’s POV. Drake with Lacey by his side goes to Seoul to find his birth mother, but also for peace and closure about his past. It’s and emotional read as you discover more about Drake past, and learn the reason as to why he was put up for adoption. Again it shows you the strength and the passion of Lacey and Drake’s relationship. It had such a sweet epilogue that left me with a smile on my face, and was a lovely conclusion to Lacey and Drake’s story.

Heart & Seoul is book 2.5 in The Space Between series and must be read only after reading The Space Between and The Dividing Line.

The Dividing Line (The Space Between Book 2)
The Dividing Line (The Space Between Book 2)
Price: 2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable sequel to The Space Between, 14 Feb 2014
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Dividing Line is the second book in the Space series, and it the follow up to The Space Between, and for the most part it is the conclusion to Lacey and Drake’s story. Lacey and Drake are living in Paris and Lacey is doing what she has always wanted to do living her dream as an opera singer. Drake is finding it harder living in Paris, he is not truly happy, but as lacey is his world all he wants to do is support her. Their Relationship is tested when Drake and Lacey have to make some tough choices to work out what best for them and their future.

The storyline was told from Lacey and Drake’s POV. It wasn’t too high on the drama and angst. Lacey and Drake are great characters. I loved them in the first book, and that didn’t change while reading this one. They are such a sweet couple together, and the love they have for each other is undeniable such passion and chemistry.

Lacey and Drake’s journey isn't easy at times; misunderstandings, jealousy, and trust issue test the bond that they have. There were a few frustrating moments especially when they didn’t communication with each other. I wanted to shake them at times especially Drake I know his heart was in the right place, but he didn’t do himself any favors at times. There were also some very touching moments, and my heart went out for them particularly towards the end of the book.

The issues that Lacey and Drake face as a multicultural couple were very realistic, and not over the top. Victoria H Smith did it in a way that showed that racism comes in all forms on many different levels, can be from people that you would have least expected it from. It doesn’t matter how small it maybe it is just as hurtful and upsetting.

Overall I enjoyed this book it was well written and nicely paced. It was great to see some of the secondary characters back such as Lacey's cousin Derrick, her best friend Margot, and Drake's sister Adele. There were a few news ones that also added to the story. I love how the book ending for them, and how all what they faced and overcome made then stronger as a couple, and individually.

I recommend you add The Dividing Line to your TBR List If you read and enjoyed The Space Between.

At the start of my review I said that The Dividing Line for the most part is the conclusion to Lacey and Drake’s story, and I say this as one aspect of the storyline about Drake concludes in a bonus free novella called Heart and Seoul, it was an emotion, touching and a heartfelt story about Drake’s search for his identity, told from Lacey POV.

“He had no idea the power he had over me. He had my heart and soul”

“She was my world. She had become my life, and now, I had no clue what I had outside of that. I had no clue who I was outside of that”

“Drake was my best friend, my everything and when type of person comes along its hard to remember life before them”.

Break Away
Break Away
Price: 1.24

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable and emotional read, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Break Away (Kindle Edition)
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

“Life is full of pain and heartbreak, conflict and doubt…but there’s also love and passion, joy and laughter… and it’s up and downs along the way make like worth living”

When she catches her fiancé cheating Olivia Mason moves to South Caroline. Having no family she has lost a lot, but she is ready to move on, ready to make a fresh start, ready to make her own choices. Men and relationships are the last thing on her mind until she met Dex Porter the sexy ex marine, underground fighter, who is still-hunted by his time spent in Iraq.

I liked Olivia and Dex they had issues, and fears. Oliver was strong, independent, sweet and feisty. Her past meant that she had been coasting through life, she had fears of abandonment, and her heart is guarded. She doesn’t want to get hurt, and therefore, keeps people at arms length never truly letting anyone in.

“Maybe I had always been a little closed off but I had reason to be”

Dex was rough and sexy may have come across as arrogant at first, but he really is a good guy who was caring, funny and fiercely protective at times. Loved his alpha male side. His past meant that he didn't do relationships, He uses fighting, woman and alcohol to numb out his pain, and block out the demons that still consume him.

“In the light of the day. I could hide from my ghost, but the reprieve was only temporary. As soon as I drifted to sleep, they would chase me down again”

The storyline; it was emotional, sexy funny, not too high on the drama. Told from Olivia and Dex’s POV meant I was able to get to understand their fears, their vulnerability, and feel their emotions, also reasons behind their hesitation to be more that just friends even though they are drawn to each other.

“We were both anchored to the past, hunted by our own regrets and unable to move forward or let go”

“If Olivia caught a glimpse of what was beneath the surface, it would only send her running”

“I found myself graving towards him whenever he was around. I wasn’t in denial: I knew that I was attracted to him, I mean who wouldn’t be? By I also knew I couldn’t go there”

I like watching their relationship developed, the way they try to fight their attraction they have for each other, and the way they open up to each other as their walls slowly come down. Olivia and Dex may have found in each other someone who could make them stronger. Someone who could help them heal, and move forward with their lives. It was both moving and touching at times to read.

“There was something about her that both captivated me and made me feel comfortable. There was no expectation or judgment with her, and it put me at ease.”

“Sometimes all it takes is finding something to fight for”

Overall Break Away, was another enjoyable quick read from Ellie Grace, I liked her writing style engaging from the start. The story flow well I liked the way Ellie made her characters develop throughout the book. Great secondary characters such as Dex’s sister Amy and his best friend Tate both great supports for Olivia and Dex. I would read a story about them. It was nice to see Nora and Jack back character from the first book This Time around, and see a snippet of what was going on in their lives.

The ending was good, no cliffhanger, but I will say my only slight disappoint was the epilogue. I love my epilogues, and I want them big, ones that as I swap the last page I’m left with a big fat grin on my face, and with this one I liked it, but I wanted more, to see more into Olivia and Dex’s future. However, with that being said I would recommend that you Add Break Away to your TBR list, and if you haven’t read This Time around I would also add that one too. I look forward to reading Ellie next book.

Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 1)
Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 1)
Price: 1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommended you 1 -click Changing Course now!! It’s a must read!! You will not be disappointed., 10 Feb 2014
*I received an ARC in exchange for honest review*

Wow!! I have to say I loved this book after the reading the synopsis, it was a no brainer I knew I had to read this book. I was prepared for an emotional read, and Aly Martinz delivers that and much more. It was a book that captivated me from that start.

I’m not going to tell you are about it as I really don’t want to give too much away, but its about second chances, strength, fighting for what you want, learning to let go. It’s safe to say it’s Brett, Jesse and Sarah’s story is going to take you on an emotional rollercoaster, but it's worth it.

The storyline it had everything I love and more, angst, romance, suspense, love plenty of hot smexy scenes. I was hooked from the start. The characters drew in from the, this was a book that I didn’t want to put down. As much as there were heart-breaking moments there were funny one too, and I love that the Aly was able to do this in a way that didn't lessen the essence of the story.

Detective Brett Sharp, what can I say? Except “Be still my beating heart!” He is 6:5 with brown hair, green eyes, and has size 15 feet!! Yes ladies you heard me right! Brett has size 15 feet!!. And if you are anything like me, that has left a very big smile on your face. And I have to say after being introduced to this man, I'm in love, to the point that I had to tell anyone who would listen to me at work today work about the man with the size 15 feet. If I meet a man with size 15 feet I'm going to rugby tackle him to the ground, and never let go. ;) (I know I’m obsessed)

Jesse is smart, funny, selfless, hopeful, shy, and she has her insecurities. But when she wants to she has a feisty side, and I loved that, and the she grows in confidence throughout the book.

Told from Brett and Jesse’s POV you get to experience their pain, their grief, their struggles, their fear and insecurities. I loved their inner dialogue. So emotional at times but yet also so funny at times. The passion between Jessie and Brett is hot, and off the charts, and they are perfect for each other. Loved the way they were together. Love the way Brett was with her, and even when he was an ass as he had a tendency to engage his mouth before his brain, but he would own up to it, and make it right. I have to say Brett had a way with words, some of the things he said, and did just made me swoon.

Loved the secondary characters in this book. Kara was a scream! Loved her personality. Caleb was a sweetheart. Kara and Celeb are just too funny, and if they got together it would be a riot. Brett's family and Kara’'s mum were lovely as was as for Eric the jury is still out with him. When it comes to Sarah feelings for her were all over the place I went from loving her to hating her, feeling sorry for her, pitying her, oh and I'm sorry to say once or twice I wanted to slap her, but in the end I had sympathy for her.

I loved the ending that last 25% had me chewing on my fingernail loved the twist that Aly did it just brilliant. After ending with a great epilogue that left me with the biggest smile on my face I have to say that as I finish writing my review I’m somewhat emotional right now, and I love that.

Overall I think you can tell I loved this book, just what I needed, and the fact that is going to stay with for a long time has nothing to do with Brett's size 15 feet. ;) Aly has a new fan in me, this was a well-written book, and the fact that Changing Courses is Aly debut novel is amazing. Loved her writing style, the pace of the story. It was engaged from the start with such wonderful characters that you couldn’t help but fall in love it. I'm so excited to read Aly next book, and see what she has in-store for Caleb.

If you are looking for a book that is going to take you on an emotional rollercoaster, at times will make your heart beat faster, gets you excited, and sentimental. Then I highly recommended you 1 -click Changing Course now!! It’s a must read!! You will not be disappointed.

“I’m a mess. I’m angry half the time and a miserable bastard the other half. You’re a good girl who deserved someone who can open themselves up and actually offer you something” ~ Brett

“He’s interested Jess, he just doesn’t’ know what to do with that yet”~ Celeb

“I like you. When I’m with you I feel alive again. I’m not sure what to do with that, thought”~ Brett

I’m just little Jesse Addison. I go with the flow and try not to make any waves. But I’m no one’s doormat. I might not be a fighter, but I have no problems walking away. ~ Jesse

“Live a little. Put your heart out there and see what happen. Who knows, he may grab hold and never let go”. Jesse’s mum

“I can’t promise you anything more than tomorrow, but maybe one day the fog will disappear leaving only sunny days ahead” ~ Brett

"Tell me what you want?"
"I want to make your world go silent."

“No one ever carries a men’s size fifteen, so I have to squeeze into a fourteen” ~ Brett

"Fine I don’t need details, but you have to at least compare it to a vegetable it resembles. I bet it's a large zucchini.... If it makes you more comfort I’ll start. That guy I was seeing last week was a small carrot. I'm talking the baby ones you dip in ranch dressing." ~ Kara

“Do you promise to tell me if you realize you’ll never be able to fall in love with me? You know...not string me along.”~ Jesse

“ I swear on my life.”~ Brett

“Do you promise to tell me the split second that you realize how stupid you are, and that you have loved me all along?” ~Jesse

“ I look forward to it.” ~ Brett

Confused (Getting Inside of V Book 2)
Confused (Getting Inside of V Book 2)
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read!! to get your fix of the crazy chick called V., 1 Feb 2014
*I received an ARC in exchange for honest review*

V is back I true style, with her bluntness, and her no hold back attitude. She is use to getting what she wants, when she wants and always being in control that is until she finally comes face to face with the very sexy Detective Breccan Grant the man with the bright green eyes.

V wants Breccan, and in her mind she will get what she wants and move on, but she soon find out that that easier said that done. V has met her match when it comes to Breccan he is a bit of a mystery who has his own agenda. There is something about Breccen, there is a connection, there’s chemistry, she knows nothing good with come from it, but she can’t stay away.

I loved the storyline, like the last it’s definitely not predictable. Without giving away too may spoiler you get some hints into the reason why V is the way she is. You get an insight into her past, her childhood, who Breccan really is what is their connection. Kate Lynne lets you see a different side of V showing us as that yes she is cold hearted, but she does have feelings, she is not as emotionless as she likes to make out. I have always like V because of her attitude, but now I can’t help but feel for her too.

Overall I enjoyed Confused the second installment into the crazy world of V, and yes she is definitely confused with in this one. Although I felt that Used was hotter! This one didn’t disappoint on sexy scenes that were there, and like our crazy twisted heroin this novella doesn’t hold back with its twist and turns.

With Breccan’s POV at the end, Confused has ending that definitely left me wanting more. Therefore, I can’t wait to get my hand on the next installment; I need to know what next is Kate has next in store foe V and Breccan

If you read, and loved Used then you should 1-click Confused today to get your fix of the crazy chick called V.

”New town, new places to see and most importantly, new faces.”

“Confusion. It’s becoming an all too f****d up in my mind feeling for the last couple of days”.

"You deserve more than a one night f***. You deserve for someone to love you every day of your life."

“But something feels different about him. It’s not love or anything like that, I m not capable. But it’s definitely a deep infatuation. A fondness that I feel that I haven’t felt for another in a long time. He makes me safe.”

"I just want her to be happy again. I just want the light back. But if I can't get it, I'll learn to adapt to living in the dark."

Beautiful Dreams (The Beautiful Series Book 3)
Beautiful Dreams (The Beautiful Series Book 3)
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one! A lovely end to Lily and Kyle's story, 1 Feb 2014
'Beautiful Dreams' is the third book in the ‘Beautiful’ series by Alicia Rae, and it picks up where My Beautiful left off. I was eager to read this one as I wanted to know more about Kyle and his past, and I need to know if Lily and Kyle get their HEA. Lily had opened up to Kyle, and let go of her past, and now it was Kyle’s turn to do the same.

The storyline was about Lily and Kyle as they move forward with they lives, adjust to living together as a couple, their fears, their romance, their bond, and their trust in each other. I did think that Kyle’s past was going to test their relationship a lot more that what it did, and so unlike the first two it wasn’t as high on angst as I was expecting, but that being said it didn’t make the storyline less enjoyable for me.

I have always loved Lily and Kyle together, the passion, chemistry that they have, and that doesn’t waver in the one. These two are great together; soul mates that in the end have helped each other heal. Love the way Kyle is with Lily the way he wants to protect her.

I loved the secondary characters, such as Jason, Abby and Brooke. I like the relationship that Lily develops with Kyle’ s sister Abby.

Overall I enjoyed Beautiful Dreams, an easy well-written read from Alicia. I was happy with they way things ended for Lily and Kyle’s story. The disappointed to find no epilogue was slightly soften when I discovered that there will be a 4th book in the series about two of the secondary characters. This put a smile on my face as I like these two characters, and as a result, I’m looking forward to reading Beautiful Ties, and reading their story, but also getting to see more of Lily and Kyle.

I have really enjoyed this series so far, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

4 stars

“I prayed my faith was strong enough to give me the courage to push forward at my chance to love and happiness.” ~ Lily

“I know we still have so much to learn about one another, but It will never change the way I feel about you. I once told you had my heart, and that part will never change” ~ Kyle

“You give me so much, and my heart is your. I’ll never walk away from that.” ~ Lily

“Every Fiber of my being told me, right here, with him, was exactly where I was meant to be.” ~ Lily

“Before you, I was just passing thought the motions telling myself I had moved on when I hadn’t. Then I met you, and my world changed you brought life back in to my light. I thought I would never have again.” Kyle

“I have faith in you, Kyle, from day one. You brought me out of that darkness, showed me how to live again, and open my eyes to the world around me.’ ~ Lily

“I know you are scared, but you need to have faith in me…..faith in us.” ~Kyle

“With all the heartache and loss that consumed my thoughts over the last few years, I felt like I had finally found my place in life.” ~ Lily

The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel
The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, loved it! best ending ever!!, 26 Jan 2014
This book was without a doubt a beautifully written book. This was a book that once I started it I couldn’t put it down, I was completely lost in the story. It was about friendship, loss, anguish, loss, healing, friendship and love. The storyline is intense, moving and emotional, and I felt every emotion while reading this book. I cried, and I laugh. Nastya and Josh emotions all of them happy, sad or painful were my emotions. It was heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

I loved watching Nastya and Josh relationship develop as the story progress, they way they are drawn to each other There were so many beautiful moments between the two of them. I loved that we got both their POV’s and could see what they both were thinking, and feeling.

This is one book I will not forget in a very long time it is unforgettable. It had the best ending ever, and I truly loved it even though it didn’t have an epilogue, which I love to have in books without cliffhangers.

Katja is a wonderful writer, I liked the way the story developed it was not rushed. I can’t wait to read more of her work, and hope we don’t have to wait too long.

The Space Between (The Book of Phoenix 1)
The Space Between (The Book of Phoenix 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read enjoyable and emotional, 26 Jan 2014
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Paranormal books are not usually my first reading choice, but when it was pointed out that I may love this book because one of the main characters is a former cage fight well it was really a no brainer I had to read it.

When Jacquelena 'Leni' Drago and Jeremicah 'Jeric' Winters meet they are drawn to each other. They share a connection, a pull that they cannot explain, and when fate keeps bringing then together. They soon discover that they are each other’s worlds, the person that they need, and rely on the most.

I really enjoyed the storyline; it’s hard to explain without giving too many spoilers, but it safe to say a lot happen. It was an interesting read, with a mix of fascinating well-written characters that all grow throughout the book. I loved that the description of them brought them to life in my mind. I was engrossed from the start. The twist and turns, the mystery, the romance, the humor, and the emotional elements meant that I became invested in the story and the characters. I was anxious and curious to know what was going to happen.

I liked Leni and Jeric. I liked the way they were together their chemistry the, slow building, passion they had for each other. Leni was a strong character, but you could see that she has her insecurities, and well Jeric what can I say! He had a lot of my favorites qualities I would expect in a cage fighter. He was a cocky ladies man at first, but as I started to learn more about him, and his story it was hard not to love him.

I liked how the story flipped between the past/the back-story and the present. The way it all connects together in the end, I had many theories but didn’t guess that one. The different points of view meant that it could have become confusing, but it wasn’t, and I like that Kristie Cook did it this way. As it allowed me to understand the story better, connect to the characters, get inside their heads, know their feelings, and their emotions.

I must admit for me I was expecting more on the cage fighting aspect, but once I knew that’s not what the story was about I just put it to the back of my mind, and enjoy the story for what it was really about True love, soul mates, fate, and destiny, things that in a firm believer in.

Overall I really enjoyed The space between. It was the first book I had read by Kristie, and I was really impressed with her writing style, the flow of the story and it’s originality. I definitely will read more of her work. The ending was not a cliffhanger, but it did leave me wanting more, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in ‘The Book of Phoenix series; to see where the story goes next. Kristie has sparked my interested to read more paranormal romance books, and I will be looking to add more to my TBR list.

If you're looking for a good paranormal romance story, then I recommend you one –click The Space Between I wasn’t disappointed, and I don’t think you will be.

4 stars

“Before last night. I’d never met this guy in my life~ how could I ever forget that face? But in some inexplicable way, I knew him. My soul knew him.”

"One soul, one being. We shared thoughts and feelings and even a body, and although it sounded awkward, I felt as though we lived the most natural, most perfect existence. Like we were beyond human, above the selfish and greedy self-centered ways of this world. We were about us and them. There was no me."

“Her gaze came up and locked onto mine again, and I saw in her eyes what I felt. What she didn’t say. That we’re connected”

“You’re the Coke to my Jack. For eight years, life’s been one bitter bottle of whiskey after another. One burning shot after shot. But then you come along. Life’s still harsh, but you make it sweeter. Easier to swallow.”

“My sole was what mattered now. I did have one. We both did. And they were meant to be one. Our souls were two halves of one whole. I believed this was an absolute certainty”

“I don’t think I can do just a kiss. Not with you”

“His hand came to my face, holding me still. We both panted, breathing each other’s air as something both magnificent, and terrifying exchanges between us.”

Shelter You
Shelter You
Price: 1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars A sweet romantic touching story., 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Shelter You (Kindle Edition)
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Two weeks before her 18th birthday Mia Reynolds gives birth to her daughter Lily. Her parents have demanded that she gives her baby up for adoption. Mia knows that she could never do this, so she runs with Lily determined to make a new life for herself and her new baby. Mia ends up in Pennsylvania where she meets Logan Tate a police officer who wants to help.

I liked Mia understandably she has some trust issues, she was vulnerable, and scared at times, but she was a fighter; she is fighting for herself, but most of all for lily. Logan was sweet, caring, and charming, with a stubborn side. I did question Logan intention at first as he seems a little to good to be true; However I soon realized then he really was just a nice guy with a heart of gold who wanted to help Mia and Lily.

Mia and Logan they have a few ups and downs, but they are sweet together. It wasn’t instance love; I liked watching Mia start to trust Logan, their attraction builds, and their friendship turns slowly into something more. I loved that way Logan was with Mia, and Lily. Ultimately Logan just wants to help Mia, protect her, and make her situation better.

I enjoyed the storyline told from Mia’s POV. It was touching, and emotional and I felt for Mia and Logan at times. Jealous friends, Lily’s father, and family members added to drama and mystery, of the story. There were one or two parts that I felt were slightly unrealistic, and I did wonder if things would have really been that easy for Mia. But that being said I was rooting to her as she does try hard to forget get her past, and make a future for herself and Lily.

Overall I enjoyed Shelter You sweet, romantic story. I liked the ending, and the way it does all come together. I’m a big fan of epilogues, and I liked this one especially as it was told from Logan’s POV, I wish we had more of it during the story. This was the first book by Alice Montalvo-Tribue, and I would read more.

4 stars

I’ve seen the extent of Logan’s thoughtfulness he surprise me with something else. I find my guard slipping a little more everyday and it scared the hell out of me. ~ Mia

“I care about you, I like you, and maybe I always have. From the first day I met you, I knew there was something about you” Logan

‘His fingers gently stroke my cheek and I can’t help but to lean into his touch, I’m lost in it no longer in control of my action or reactions. ~ Mia

“Mia, you’re not a stereotype to me. The fact that you’re young and have a baby doesn’t bother me. I am completely in awe of you, of what you did for Lily.” ~ Logan

“And when it comes down to it, I want you, I want you both, I want you to be mine. Do you want that too” ~ Logan

“What we’ve built in the last few days is so much more than the desire to act out on our feelings”~ Mia

“She came into my life and turned it on its axis; her present sent me reeling, and threw me deep into uncharted territory” ~Logan

More Than Her (More Than Series, Book 2)
More Than Her (More Than Series, Book 2)
Price: 2.34

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars....If you have read More Than This then you need to 1-click this one now!!! I love it., 26 Jan 2014
************4.5 stars*************

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I had a soft spot for Logan Matthew after meeting him in More Than This he was an ass at times, but he was sweet, and his heart was in the right place. At the end of More Than This Jay McLean wrote a sweet epilogue, but left a twist on the very last page about Logan that left me open mouth. Thus, this meant that I was really looking forward to reading Logan’s story in More Than Her.

I really enjoyed the storyline, and it’s one that I can say too much about as it will give away too many spoilers. I will say it full of angst moments, steamy moments, funny moment and emotional moments. The first 25% of the book jumps between the past and present, and then after that it stays in the present, and this works really well I liked the flashbacks.

The past allows you to see how the relationship started with “Her” how he fell for “Her” and how he messes it up because he doesn’t know what to say, and how to deal with his feelings. The present lets you see what happens when they see each other again eighteen months later, the chemistry, the emotions, and the attraction they have for each other is still there. They are both still hurting, and Logan wants to make right the mistake that he has never gotten over.

“Any a**hole that has you, and is stupid enough to lose you, is a f***ing idiot….. Trust me I would know”

“I wish I could forget the past. Forget what he did. Forget that he hurt me. Because I want so badly - more than anything else to be able to forgive him. And maybe, just maybe, we could be everything I hoped for.”

Told from Logan and ‘Her’ POV. You get to see how they feel about each other, their insecurities, how they fight to make to make the relationship work. Jay writes it in away that you can’t help, connect to them, and fall in love with them. Their emotions were my emotion, when they were happy, sad, pissed off so was I. It was heartbreaking to read at times. These two are perfect for each other, and you can’t help but root for them.

“The thing about Logan was that he had that power over me. His presence could make me forget all the emotions I felt before he entered a room. Because the second he’s here, its all him”.

“You and me. We’re going to make new memories. Ones that you aren’t afraid of. And it’s going to be amazing.”

You really get to see a different side to Logan, and I loved being inside his head. You see the real Logan; where he comes from, learn about his past, the reason why he finds it had to love, and his heartbreak. I just wanted to give him hugs. His love for “Her” is undeniable; everything her does is for her. He devoted to the woman he loves.

“I can't give you much, or anything at all. But when I say those words to you, it won't just be words—It will be me giving you something that means something. And you deserve to know that, to feel that. So please, let me be the first to say it—because I need to be able to at least give you that...and when I do—those three words will be yours, forever. And so will I.”

Again loved the secondary characters Logan’s dad, Kayla, Jake, Cam, Lucy, Heidi and Dylan, loved them all. Like before I love their friendship; their banter, and how they all are truly there for each other.

“She makes you happy, son?" he asked quietly. "No," I said, shaking my head. "She makes me whole.”

Overall I loved this book like the last book Jay writing style pulled me in from the start, and I was hooked didn’t want to put it down. I love watching characters grow and mature. I will warn you it does end on a cliffhanger, and I knew this when I started the book. Therefore, I had mentally prepared myself hoping that it would soften the blow when it happened, and it did but only slightly as I was still anxious. I liked it, but I did shout at my Kindle. I can’t wait to read the next book More Than Him (Due for release in February). I know that they have a tough time ahead, and a few hurdles to overcome, but I can’t wait to be on that journey with them, and hope they get Happy Ever After that they both deserve.

If you have read More Than This then you need to 1-click this one now, and if you haven’t then you need to 1 click them both now. You won’t be disappointed.

A few more quotes:

‘I’m trying really hard not to be the person that you think I am. I’m not that person. At least not with you.’

“I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him so f***ing much, I want to push him up against the wall and punch him in the face. And then I want to lick it. Then rip his f***ing shirt off and finger his abs while he does that annoyingly manly chuckle that I love. I hate him. Stupid F***ing Logan F***ing Matthews.”

“And that’s how we stayed. In each other’s arms, holding on to this night. I didn’t want to let go. Ever. Maybe it was too soon. Maybe it was too intimate. Maybe it was too perfect.”

“She became more than just my girl she became my everything“

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20