Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Peers Hardy Fifty Shades of Grey Key to The Playroom
Peers Hardy Fifty Shades of Grey Key to The Playroom

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Christian Grey fan <3 <3, 26 July 2014
love it!!!

Just You: HarperImpulse New Adult Romance (A Novella)
Just You: HarperImpulse New Adult Romance (A Novella)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable sexy read about 2 people from very different cultures., 20 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

‘Just you’ is the second book in the starting out series by Jane lark and is Justin and Portia’s story. I met Justin in the first book in the series, as he was Jason workmate and friend, so I was looking forward to learning more about him. Justin and Portia come from two very different cultures after drunken New Years Eve hookup, something that starts out as friends with benefits leads to much more.

Jason was a good guy, loved how he was committed and protective of his family, his father had left, and he was the man of the house, and did all he could to make sure his brothers didn’t get involved in gangs.

Portia seemed a little stuck up at first, but once I discover her back story I started to understand her more, and like her, she came across as independent, and thick-skinned, but there was a there was a vulnerability about her, as she had something to prove that she could make it without her parent’s money.

I like both Justin, and Portia. They had great chemistry, their relationship, sweet, and very sexy, and I liked how it developed as the more they got to know each other more theory about each other change. It’s not without its issues and hurdles as they are both from different backgrounds Jason is black, and from the Bronx, and Portia is white, and from an upper-class family so they had more to deal with than some couples starting a relationship.

Jason knows what he wants from the start, but Portia is a little more hesitate, but when she needs her, she is there for him. I loved how he handled her, letting her know what he was thinking, and that he is not going to be her secret.

Told from both POV you get to see what Justin and Portia are thinking and feeling, and I couldn't help but feel for them at times. I felt that the issue and hurdles they had been portrayed realistically, it was nice to see that Justin wasn’t a bad boy with an attitude. There was sweet ending, and I loved that Jane Lark showed how much Justin, and Portia meant to each other how much stronger their relationship had become.

Overall, I enjoyed this book it was a little slow to get going, but once it did it was a sexy romantic read. It had some great secondary characters. I loved Justin’s mum, and his little brother Dillon was very cute.

'Just You' follows on from “I Found you’ and can be read as a standalone, but if you're like me then you like reading books in order. So if you like New Adult contemporary romance, that are not just hearts, and flowers than I would, recommend this series as Jane Lark doesn’t disappoint.

Favorite quotes

“S***, this girl had a way of crawling inside my sole….I wanted this girl I wanted her to be mind”

“The more I looked at him, the more I liked the look of him”

“My life had hit a junction, and some how I’d slipped lanes. It was sending me down a new track. Guys like me didn’t get lucky with girls like Portia”

“You can be brave with me. I know how it feels to be on the other end of that”

“Love, longing, need….commitment…swayed around inside me”

“But now it was more that sexual itch- it was soul deep itch. My sprite longed for her”

“She wasn’t just perfect, she was precious, and she needed someone like me to let her know it so she had the courage to step out of her jammed up terrifying world”

“We snuggled up under the comforter as he held me, and we watched old episodes of the Big Band Theory. My life felt good fro the first time ever”

Sharing You: A Novel
Sharing You: A Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars ***3.5 stars***** An enjoyable read with its fair share of angst, and drama.,, 20 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

You always know when you start reading a Molly McAdams book that isn’t going to be drama free, and, as we know she is the queen of love triangles and likes to make you cry with some of the things she does and puts to her characters thought.

Instant attraction, a strong connection, love at first sight, off the wall chemistry, sparks flying, this is what happens when Kamryn “KC” Cunningham and Brody Saco meet for the first time. There is a pull to each other that they can’t explain one they have never felt before. This should be the start of perfect relationship, however, with Brody being married, and K.C has a few secrets of her own it meant that it was anything but perfect.

I knew going into this book there is going to a love triangle, and I don't mind them, there is also what I would call a slight warning at the start so you don't forget. Therefore, I was expecting a story that was going to be full of angst and drama, and I have to say it did have its fair share of angst, and drama but K.C and Brody’s story wasn't as bad as expected.

Brody and KC are good together, although I would have loved some more scenes with them. I don’t think we get enough in order to feel more of their connection. K.C was sweet, but had her own secrets, and Brody is sexy. I did feel for him as at the end of the previous story Capturing Peace, my heart went out to him as I read his heartbreaking scene. However, I did find it hard it hard to understand why he was still married after all this time when it was obvious that his marriage to wife Olivia was not good, and destructive. Olivia was crazy with a capital C this woman had some real issues, going on and it seemed all she wanted to do is make Brody life a hell.

Overall enjoyed this book, it was a quick easy read, with a sweet ending from the lovely Molly. Love some of the secondary characters such as Kinlee and Jace, they were really sweet, and always so understanding supportive. I would happily read a book or a novella about them. As always I’m looking forward to reading Molly’s next book.

Favorite quotes

“He was looking at me as if he’d just found what he’d been looking for- and the look was so open, so intense, it sent a shiver running down my spine it should have scared me, but somehow felt like what I was looking at was a reflection of what I was feeling”

“I felt like I knew everything about him, and we still hadn’t said a word”

This was fairy tale s***, this kind of thing didn’t happen in real life”

“I was excited I just found a man who changes everything I’d ever known”

“ The second I saw Kamryn everything in my life changed. To find something who could change me so completely before I even heard her speak was a gift that I would have been blind to not accept”

“You’re not breaking up my marriage. You’re making me feel alive for the first time in years”

“I knew I would go through hell and back to make sure I gave that girl the forever I’d promised- the one we both deserved”

Beautiful Oblivion: 1 (Maddox Brothers 1)
Beautiful Oblivion: 1 (Maddox Brothers 1)
by Jamie McGuire

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book the reason why?......because of a sexy tattooed man named Trenton Maddox!, 15 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

After reading Beautiful Disaster and loving it, I was excited like most to discover that the rest of the Maddox boys would be getting their own stories. I was looking forward this one, who wouldn’t want to meet, and fall in love with another Maddox’s brother!!!

Trenton Maddox is the first of the brothers to get their own story. I really like Trent actually no wait! Let me take that back, I loved him, maybe more so than Travis, yes, he was a ladies' man, but it's not long before you realize that under that tough exterior, there a man who is very protective of those he loves. He has a sweet and caring side, and can be oh so very charming. I only wish there had of more of him as I feel we didn’t get his full story.

Camille "Cami" Camlin is the girl who Trent has always loved. I had a love/ hate relationship with Cami, I loved that she was feisty fiercely independent and amusing, but I hated the way she treated Trent at times. She really did annoy me with some of her actions, and I felt that I needed to know more about her to connect with her more.

The storyline was frustrating at times, but hey, what did I expect any story with love up Maddox’s is not going to be a frustrating free read. It's told from Cami’s pov, and I would have loved some of Trent's pov as some many times I wanted to know what he was thinking, and I think it would have really added to the story. I couldn’t see what he saw in Cami at first, and it took me a while to feel their connection, however, what the heart wants the heart wants, and Trent wanted Cami. I loved Trent’s passion, and he was going to do all he could to make her see that. I love Trent’s relationship with Olivia It was just too cute.

Overall, yes I did have a few issues with some of the plots, and I did guess early on into the story what the big secret was, however, that being said I did enjoy Beautiful Oblivion, I liked the little snippet of Abby and Travis, an insight into the next book, which I will be reading, but most of all the main reason I enjoyed this book was simply because a sexy tattooed Trenton Maddox charmed his way into my heart. <3 <3

Favourite quotes:

"The first time I saw you on the playground, I knew what beauty was. The first time you ignored me was my first broken heart. ... No one has ever wanted someone as much as I want you."

"I’m the one, Cami. I'm it for you. I know because you're it for me."

“He was like quicksand. The more I struggle, the deeper I sank”

"I've had a lifetime of wrong. You're the only thing that's right.

"I was just thinking now was as good a time as any to acknowledge that you're perfect and it wouldn't suck if you fell madly in love with me anytime soon."

“Contrary to popular belief, I am capable of being a one-woman man. Just has to be the right woman”

“Is your a** jealous of the amount of s*** that come out of your mouth”

“I was in trouble. Big, disastrous, Maddox trouble”

“Have you ever wanted something that you knew you shouldn’t have? That it was wrong on every level, but you knew you needed it? “

A Beautiful Thought (The Beautiful Series Book 5)
A Beautiful Thought (The Beautiful Series Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, loved sexy Damon. <3 <3, 14 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

A Beautiful Thought is the fifth book in the ‘Beautiful’ series by Alicia Rae and is Gail Bennett best friend of Kyle’s sister Abby and Damon Johnson, Lily’s cousin.

Gail has always put others first and before her own, she is kindhearted, is fiercely independent, and it’s that independent side, that means she never ask for help even when she needs it. A string of a bad relationship means that her walls are up; she is now guarded with her heart and finds it hard to trust men, and let them get too close for fear of more heartache. Therefore, it’s going to be one special man who is going to be the one who can break down her walls, to get her to open up and trust again.

New roommate Damon Johnson could be that man. Loss of hours at work means that Gail has reluctantly agreed to get a one as a way to help her financially, so that has could still help her parents pay for her sister education. Damon likes Gail, there is something about her, he wants her, but most of all he just wants to help in any way he can, and showed her that she doesn’t need to be afraid to accept help.

I enjoyed the storyline; told from Gail and Damon’s pov. It was a sweet sexy, steamy romantic read, about trust, hope, and taking a chance. I really like Gail, and I could connect, and so I understood some of her insecurities. Whist she has that tough exterior, there vulnerability about her that I could relate to. I loved Damon, and the way he was with Gail, and the little things he did to show her that she deserves, and worth more, and not all men are a******s.

Gail and Damon are a hot sexy couple with great chemistry and love how Alicia Rea steams up the pages in this one. I like that it's not insta love, but it was a case of when you know you know. There is definitely a mutual attraction, and emotional bond between Gail and Damon and I like the way things developed.

Overall, I really enjoyed A Beautiful Thought and as expected it was a well-written and well-paced story. A perfect easy read for a Sunday afternoon, and one that when left me with a smile on my face. Love how the previous main charters are woven into the story, always nice to know what is happening in their lives.

If you’ re looking for a romance series that is sexy, steamy, low on the drama and angst with likable characters, about family, friendship, and when the men are always sexy then I recommended that you add the Beautiful’ series to your TRB list as that is what Alicia Rea know how to write about, and always delivers. I'm looking forward the next book “A Beautiful Purpose” which I have a feeling is going to be Blake and Audrey story.

Favorites Quotes:

In that moment, it was as though something unexplained had come alive inside me…and I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around her, and take care of her.

“My head might now want to let Damon in, but my heart already had. The two just need to find common ground”

“I don’t know how to handle the feeling you invoke within me. I’ve never felt this way about anyone before”

“You can’t hide the look in your eyes when you gaze into mine or the way I make you feel when we are standing close to each other”

“I never have that reaction to a woman before…. There was something about her, and I just couldn’t put my finger on what it was”

“I don’t know what this is, but I want to find out”

“Let me prove to you that I’m worth the chance”

“The way she looked at me as though she saw me, made me want to be a better man. It made me want to give her the world, to take care her, and see her smile every damn day”

Until We Fly (The Beautifully Broken Book 4)
Until We Fly (The Beautifully Broken Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars ***4.5 Stars*** I was waiting for this one... Love it, and Love Brand., 14 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

The best things in life are worth the greatest risk. Sometimes, before we fall, we fly.

Until we Fly is book four in the Beautifully Broken series by Courtney Cole and Brand Killien’ story, and the one I have been waiting for since meeting this hunk of a man the second book in the series If You Leave, and then again in Before We Fall.

In my both my reviews I had to give him a special mention, and said he need his own story. I like to think that after reading my reviews, Courtney said! “Okay Derna just for you I will write Brand’ s story. LOL! Brand was one of those secondary characters that left their mark on me, there was just something about him, he really was a good friend, a good soldier, a good everything, and he was so worthy of his own book as I wanted to know more about him and his story.

In Until We Fly we learn Brand’s backstory, what makes him the way he is. We discover his pain, his secrets and demons from a harrowing childhood that he wants to forget that he has learnt to deal with, but they still that haunts him. I just love this man even more now so sexy, so loyal, so protected a true hero, and just a nice guy with the biggest heart.

Nora Greene is the girl from his past, who has always had a thing for on Brand. I didn’t know what to make of her at first, but as her story unfolded, and I discover her pain and her secrets, I understood her more, she may come across as confidence you could see she had her insecurities, there was a vulnerability about her. I love her brazen attitude she knew what she wanted, and she wanted Brand. Something you have to take the bull by the horn, and just go for what you want, and Nora did

Brand and Nora are two people who have issues, who have parents who were never going to win parents of the year award, who have demons to deal with, but work well together, have a connection, have great chemistry, and soon realize that they need each other in order to heal and move forward.

Once again in true Courtney style she as has written a book that comes from the heart. I love how she always manages to take me on an emotional roller coaster. I loved drama, pain, angst, and the twist and turns that I never saw coming that Brand and Nora go through, but also the steam, love, hope, passion forgiveness and romance that they share. I was hooked right till the end, and I love the sweet epilogue.

If you love books that pull at your heartstrings then this one, and the rest of the Beautiful Broken series is for you. Courtney Cole will not disappoint you.

Favorite Quotes.

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur ~ “tossed by the waves, she does not sink”

"I've been through the bloody hills of Afghanistan, but there's nothing scarier than opening yourself up to someone else, only to get shattered."

“Each day, I try not to trust the feeling that are growing, the attachment, the tenderness, the bond. Each I realize I’m failing”

“We’re like two prize fighter, circling around a ring, each waiting for the other one to pounce. We’ve both got secrets that we don’t want the other to know”

“Being brave doesn't mean not being afraid, Nora. It means being afraid and doing it anyway."

“He made me feel safe in a world that is dangerous and ugly, a world that has only hurt me.”

"You stand on a wall to protect what is yours”

“I need to see him it’s a need that I can't explain, a feeling that hearkens back to my youth-and hasn’t faded over time”

“Brand can take away the ugliness and make me feel good again, even if it's only an illusion...a temporary illusion”

More Than Forever (More Than Series, Book 4)
More Than Forever (More Than Series, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love this book just faultless from start to finish. A must read, 14 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Love has no limits. No boundaries. No time. It’s eternal. Forever.

“More Than Forever” is the fourth book in the More series and after just finishing it, I have to say hands down my favorite by far. Having met and loved Lucy and Cam in the previous books. I was so excited that they were going to get their own story. I was desperate to know more about this couple. Lucy had always made me laugh, especially drunk Lucy, she was just too funny, and Cam was a sweetheart, so supportive and I always got the feeling that Lucy was his world, and I have to say without a doubt she was, and he was hers.

I absolutely adore Lucy and Cam their story is both heartwarming and heartbreaking at times. Within the first few chapters, I just knew it, I was going to love it. I love being on their journey, learning more about their friendship, their relationship, watching them fall in love, and seeing their first moments like that first kiss.

This was such an enjoyable, and emotional read told from Lucy and Cam POV. I love the way the characters were portrayed, Lucy and Cam weren’t perfect they had their flaws, and a few issues, but they were good together, has such amazing chemistry. I had the feeling that whatever was going to happen between them the good times, and the bad times it was only going to make them stronger.

Jay McLean wrote it in such a way that you couldn’t help but feel the emotions of Lucy and Cam. Their happiness, sadness, laughter, pain, tears, joy, anguish and sorrow, with these two you get it all, and will experience it all. I had tears because of their heartache, but also tears of laughter. Their banter and that of their friends were just too funny at times.

I have so much love for the secondary characters old one, and new ones. Just love Cam’s mum and especially his step dad, Mark, such a cool guy.

Overall More Than Forever was a beautifully well-written, touching story about, young love, first love, true love, forever love, and all that come with it. It was one that I didn’t want to put down, and when I did have to stop reading for whatever reason, I was always truly looking forward to coming back to it. I need to know what was going to happen next.

I just love this series, and this book was just faultless, from start to finish. I can’t wait for the next book in the series, More Than Enough. If you haven’t read this series, then what are you waiting for? I can’t recommend enough that you one click, it today, and meet and fall in love with all the characters in this series. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Quotes:

“You came into my life, and you healed me. You made me feel alive again”.

“I tell him the truth, and with that, I give him my heart forever.”

“I feel like I’ve love you for eternity, and it’s not even close to long enough”

“My heart does that thing. That tightening thing, the one that randomly reminds me of how in love with her I am”

“Holding each other close, and we talk. Because it’s not just about sex with us. It’s about lift. He’s my love”.

“I only ever see you, and only you, and that’s the way it’s been since we were fifteen”.

“She my heart. And I can’t survive without my heart”

“Because he’s Cameron. And you’re Lucy. You’re team Luca. You guys are forever. If you two can’t make it work, then we’re all screwed.”

“Because it’s eternal, the rise and fall of the sun. It’s forever. Just like us.”

What If
What If

4.0 out of 5 stars An emotional, angst-filled book ~ I loved it., 14 July 2014
This review is from: What If (Kindle Edition)
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

“He smiled, I smiled. And that’s when I knew: I was a goner.”

“What If” is a sweet, but a frustrating story about Briar Kelly and Arrow Donovan two people whose road to true love was so not smooth sailing, and I have to say the title fitted it perfectly.

The storyline, which I won't say much about as I feel the synopsis give you all you need to know is told from dual POV which I love. Briar and Arrow are two characters that I couldn’t help, but love, they were sweet, had such a lovely bond, and the chemistry was there from the first time they met.

Their journey to finding HEA was heartbreaking, and heartwarming, so much happens between these two over the years, and many times my heart went out to them for some of the things they went through, but at the same time I want to shake them, slap them because of the unnecessary hurt, heartache and pain they caused each other, but I knew at the heart of it they loved each other.

What If was an enjoyable emotional read, it has that soul mate, thing happens for a reason feeling. It wasn’t short of angst and drama, and once I started it I really didn’t what to stop, as I became invested in Briar and Arrow and their story. I was rooting for them, hoping that after all that had happened, what they went through together, and apart over the years that they would finally get the HEA that they so rightly deserved

This is Bayli Lane's second novel, and having read and liked her first, I have to say I enjoy this one more. The book was very well written, and the characters are well developed and Bayli writes in such away I can’t help but feel all Briar and Arrow’s emotions from the happy one to the sad one. I have to say I love the “Dear God” song I have added that to my playlist.

I enjoyed the ending, I like how things worked out for Briar and Arrow, but I did feel it was a little rushed. So I was pleased to see on Goodreads that Bayli has written an extension of the epilogue for this book. I’m looking forward to reading that one and the rest of the books that she has planned for the ‘What if’ series.

If you’re looking for an emotional, angst-filled book that is full of what ifs then this one is for you and should be add it to your TBR list.

Favorite quotes:

“I was looking at the person who was supposed to be there every time I woke up, and every time I went to sleep”

“The scars she left inside of me would forever exist, not for anyone else to see, but for me to feel”

“The strings threading out hearts together were being pulled to tightly that I could feel the struggles and strain of the hold trying to snap”

“You can’t sit in the path of a deadly storm coming your way, and expect to make it out unscathed”

If you had to pick one single person to spend every day with, every hour, every minute, every dammed second with for the rest of your life, who would you choose?”

“Looking back later, I'd realize the mistake wasn't acting on my feelings for Briar, it was not acting on them."

“I'm tired of drowning, Arrow. I'm so tired of not being able to breathe"

InkHeart Authors Presents Sexy and Sweet Summer Reads (Contemporary Romance Boxed Set)

4.0 out of 5 stars I have read by Zoe York- WHERE THEIR HEARTS COLLIDE.., 14 July 2014
***I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review***

Karen is about to follow her dreams, and go back to school, until now she has been doing what her parents want her to do rather than what she wants to do. When she meets her hot new neighbor Paul, she thinks a quick fling before she leaves is just what she needs, but Paul is not too keen.

“He wasn’t perfect. But he was something a little special”

Paul has just moved to Wardham he has left his job as a homicide detective for one that is less stressful and demanding. He's not looking for a fling, in fact, he's not looking for anything, and all he wants is to repair his relationship with his 10yr old daughter. However, he soon realizes staying away from Karen is a lot harder than he thought.

“As a man, he couldn’t help but notice women. Particularly this woman”.

I like the storyline, it was an easy, sweet, and oh wow!! Sexy read. I get the feeling that Zoe York is making each book sexier that the last, and I’m happy with that. Love the flirting, chemistry, sexual tension and the passion between Karen and Paul.

“The harder each one of them pushed against their growing attraction the tighter the web around them gathered”

I like Karen and Paul; they did frustrate me a few times as their communication skills could have been better. Karen was hilarious at times, I could tell she was torn but it was great to see her do something thing that she really wanted to do. Loved the relationship that she develops with Paul daughter. Paul was great loved his alpha side, and he can whisper in my ears anytime. I could understand his hesitant to start something with Karen, but I loved that when he knew what he wanted he went for it.

“If I’m going to flirt with anyone, it’s going to be you”

Overall, I like Where Their Hearts Collide, It was lovely to see what some of the previous characters are up to. I did feel that it was a bit slow in the middle and that the ending, which I liked, was a bit rushed, but that being this was it was still a delightful read. I like the epilogue it wasn’t as far into the future as I thought it would be, but the hints that Zoe gives you about the next book in the series, When They Weren't Looking which is Evie’s story I understand why. So I’m looking forward to starting that one next.

As always I recommend this sweet romantic series for the times when you want something that is low on the angst and drama.

Mind the Gap (In Too Deep Book 4)
Mind the Gap (In Too Deep Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another enjoyable read from the series., 16 Jun 2014
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for honest review*

Mind the Gap is book 4 in the In Too Deep series, and having just finished the 3rd book in the series I was interested to read this one, and get to know more about Britt Nelson and Josh Rand. Britt is an old friend of Gretchen, and Josh, who use to swim with Collin. Two very different people, but you know what they say ‘opposites attract’

I enjoyed the storyline having read the previous books in the series, I had a feeling that Mind The Gap was going to be an entertaining fun easy fast paced read, and it was. Brit was a free sprite, and had a hippy lifestyle, and Josh took life a bit too seriously, but because of his past I could sort of understand it. He was also into MMA so I was a fan.

Both had choices to make as opportunities had arisen that would take them both out of their comfort zones, but in many ways for the better. Loved the loved/ hate relationship that Britt, and Josh had, they had good chemistry together, and the attraction was there, but from the very beginning they rubbed each other up the wrong way. It was funny to read, and I enjoyed their banter.

Overall I liked Mind The Gap, another enjoyable read from the series. I enjoyed catching up with the other characters from the previous books. I was keen to know about the title, as being a London girl who travels on the tube its a saying that I know very well. So it did make me smile when it was connected to the same thing. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series, “Three Months and your Mine” which is also the last book in the series.

A few quotes:

“I’d been in quite a few kissing situation in my day, none were utterly hot as this one”

“I was falling hard fast in spite of out differences –or maybe because of them”

“I wanted her, and it seems like she wanted me too. What was there to do but go with it?”

“I was falling hard, and the unexpected emotion threw me for a loop”

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20