Profile for Derna Fearon > Reviews

Derna Fearon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Unloved
The Unloved

4.0 out of 5 stars A well written, emotional, and heartfelt story one about love, trust, loss, hope., 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Unloved (Kindle Edition)
The Unloved by Jennifer Snyder is Julie Porter and Nick Owen story. I read this one because I was I due to review The Damned by Jennifer and when I picked it up to read, I discover it companion novel to The Unloved. As I can’t read books out of order, even if they can be read as a standalone I had to read The Unloved first, and I’m glad I did as I really enjoyed it.

“I learnt as a kid once you let people in they hold the power to disappoint you, upset you, break you

Julie Porter didn’t have the best home life; her mother cares more about herself than her children. The only person who understands is her best friend and neighbor, Nick Owen. Nick also doesn’t have the best home life; his alcoholic father physically abuses him almost every day. Over the years, Julie and Nick have learned to rely on and support each other. However, when Nick moves away, Julie is devastated, and has to learn to survive by herself.

"I felt like my soul had been killed while my body remained alive."

When Nick returns two years later all, he wants to do is protect his mother and take care of Julie, who he hasn’t stopped thinking about, but he soon realizes that a lot has changed. To get close to Julie to show her, his true feeling he first, he has to break down the walls that she has built up.

“I wanted to know her. I wanted to know who she was now, two years later. I wanted to know who she would be in the future. I wanted to always know her. Forever”

“I’m broken more now than I ever was. I’m f***ing unfixable, dirty, damaged, tainted, worthless, whichever name you want to use”

I enjoyed The Unloved it was well written, emotional, and heartfelt story one about love, trust, loss, hope. I loved the way Nick was with Julie he cares so much for her. He is determined to break down her walls, to see that she can trust him. I liked him they shared some touching moments. I hoped that together they could survive situations that are sadly very common today.

“Jules was mine. Always had been. Always would be”

“We were the unloved-you by your mom and me by my dad-and now it’s our time to finally be loved.”

Although a quick read, I didn’t feel it was rushed Jennifer’s writes in such a way that Julie and Nick’s story pulled me in from the started. All I want was then to get the happy ever after that they deserved. I will say that I’m so glad that I can move straight on to the next book The Dammed, as I’m worried about Julie’s younger brother Cole. I need to know what happens to him.

If you love Mature Young Adult then I would recommend this emotional book.

***On a final note, I think that it was wonderful that Jennifer added helpline numbers at the end of the book for anyone who is or knows someone in a similar situation. I agree with her that it's very important with sensitive subjects to do so.

Enduring Fate (Fate for Love Series Book 1)
Enduring Fate (Fate for Love Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to Alicia's new series., 12 Jan. 2015
***I received a copy in exchange for an honest review ***

Enduring Fate is the first book in Alicia Rae’s new series Fate For Love. I was looking forward to meeting cowboy Colton Kingston, who we had met briefly at the end of A Beautiful Purpose the last book in Alicia Beautiful’ series.

“Paige had change my fate the day she walked into my life. I was hers and she was mine”

It was simple Paige Summers was the love of Colton’s life, the woman who he had always planned to spend the rest of his life with his farm. However, their love and strength is tested when tragedy strikes. Paige starts to question what her future holds when the past still haunts her. For Colton it was still simple all, he wants, is Paige, and he is going to fight for what he wants.

“I’d loved this girl with my heart and soul, and now, I was going to remind her that my love for her would never change, no matter what challenges came our way”

Paige and Colton's connection is strong, and I like them together. Colton was a sexy cowboy with a heart of gold, and I liked him. I love the way he was with Paige, and the things he did for her. He was so sweet, and so patience, all he wants to make her happy, and show her that she doesn’t need to let the past influence her future. I liked Paige, and I felt for her as she struggling to put the past behind her, and her emotions are running high.

“Our kind of love is rare, Paige, and I won’t let your fears keep you from me. You are stronger than that. Our love runs deeper than that. It’s one of fate”

Love the way Alicia had incorporated my favorite characters from the beautiful series; it was lovely to see them again. As I read this book I, was looking to see who out of the secondary characters may have a book of their own later on in the series. I have a feeling that Paige’s best friend Ashlee and her sister Kayla may get one.

I will say the last chapter took me by surprise as I was not expecting the cliffhanger ending, and I did say out loud “what” but to be honest I didn’t mind. And I’m looking forward to the next book in the series Boundless Love, as its safe to say that Paige and Colton’s story is far from over, and it's now Paige who has to fight for her one true love.

Overall I enjoyed this book, I enjoy the storyline it was a heartfelt read. I love Alicia’s writing as it’s always passionate, and from the heart. I can tell she has a passion for horse and knows about life on a ranch. And as I write this review on a cold, wet day in England I know where I wanted to be, Oh yes on a ranch with my very own sexy cowboy.

If you’re a fan Alicia or you like a good romance, or simply you like cowboys then I recommend this book.

Dirty Ties
Dirty Ties

4.0 out of 5 stars ***4.5 stars*** Loved it must read. Logan is hot!!, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Dirty Ties (Kindle Edition)
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

"Revenge wasn’t an emotion. It was my inheritance, the acting force that lived in my blood and sustained my balance"

Dirty Ties by Pam Goodwin was a great read, and one that I didn’t want to put down. I got completely wrap up in Logan’s story a man who was hell bent on revenge on a family that had murdered his own. Logan had a plan, and nothing was going to get in his way until he met her, and discovered who she was.

“The strongest love begins from a place of conflict. It's a volatile journey of committing and fighting and recommitting, but the effort is resolute and evolves into something so consuming the heart aches just thinking about it”

The story was well written, entertaining fast paced read. With its steaminess, suspense, mystery, action and if you throw in the added twist and turns it meant that the story never got dull. The characters were great. Love Logan sexy as hell, and took no s**t from no one, and wow can he ride a bike.

“A man like that f**ks like he rides. With intimidation, recklessness, and unharnessed energy. He’s powered by adrenaline and takes what he wants without care”.

Kaci was such a strong character, and all was not as it seemed in her life, and I admired the way she dealt with all. She was putting up with a lot of c**p to protect some close to her who was sweet, compassionate character, and my heart went out to him.

Love the sexiness, and Pam hits you with it from the first chapter. I love Logan and Kaci together their chemistry was off the charts. Such physical and passionate characters, and I love the way Logan was with Kaci he wanted to protect and give her all the things that were missing from her life.

“I wanted legendary love. Love intensified to its highest power. The kind that would fill the vacancy in my heart with a simple touch, a thought, a broody glare”

Overall I enjoyed this book if I was to say anything it was that the ending wrapped up little too easily for me. I had wanted more especially after the build up, but that being said I still liked it. Love the last chapter, so romantic did leave me with the biggest grin on my face.

“No matter what happens or how volatile the journey, there will be no room for emptiness. I promise”

Having read two of Pam’s previous books Deliver, and Vanquish both which I loved. I knew I was going to get a dark, sexy read, and although Dirty ties was slightly different maybe not as dark, but it was still a great read. Again Pam sucks me in from the start to finish, with the storyline, the characters, and their emotions. If you’re a fan of Pam, then I think you will love this one.

“Nothing compared to this, to him. Because he didn't just kiss. He f***ed with his mouth, stretching and owning, dragging his tongue, wrenching every wanton part of me from my chest, and drawing it past my lips”

Love in a Snow Storm: The Soldier and His Best Friend's Little Sister (Pine Harbour Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars ****4.5 star*** A fantastic sweet love story., 24 Dec. 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Love in a Snow Storm is the second book in the Pine Harbour series, by Zoe York. Jake Foster has been in love with Dani Minelli for a very long time since she was a high school senior. However, as much as he longs for Dani, he won’t act on them as in his mind, she is off limits, for the simple fact that she is his best friend's younger sister.

Never fall in love with your best friend’s little sister…”

Dani Minelli has been in love with Jake Foster for a very long time, a high school crush that has long since turned into something more. Now older and wiser Dani wants to show Jake that she not off limits anymore. Jake and Dani soon discover that being just friends is not enough, they can’t hide their feelings anymore.

“Dani had never met anyone who could light her on fire the way Jake had”

I loved this story, love alpha men who fight for the one they loved, it make have taken a while but Jake was this man!! Dani was his forever, his whole world and he was hers. Jake and Dani are such a great together, so connected, so loving, and so understanding. It's a long time coming and I love that they both are slightly nervous as if they can’t believe that after all this time it is really happening

“We’ve got a thing between us. Not sex. Something unavoidable and deeper than that”

Overall Love in a Snow Storm is the fantastic sweet love story. It’s low on the drama, but has plenty of romance, humor, and oh boy let me tell you it was high on the sexy factor!!! Zoe knows how to write good steam!! Great secondary characters, especially that one called Derna!!! Loved her, she may have only had a few lines, but I can so see her in future books!! ;)

I loved reading Zoe’s book at any of the year, love her writing style, but with it winter setting this one was perfect for this time of year.
I look forward to the next book, which will be Ryan’s story, and as well as keeping up with Foster and Minelli.

I highly recommend this book/ series to anyone who loves heartwarming steamy romance stories.

No Time Like Forever: Sexy Small Town Romance (The Wardham Book 6)
No Time Like Forever: Sexy Small Town Romance (The Wardham Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to the Wardham series., 24 Dec. 2014
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

No Time Like Forever is the fourth book in the Wardham series by Zoe York. When bartender Mari Beadie needed a pretend boyfriend fast former NHL hockey Chase Miller came to the rescue, they shared a kiss one that left a lasting impression on them both. So when Chase Miller needed a pretend girlfriend he knew there was only one person for the job Mari Beadie. But what happens when feelings come into play and maybe they are not pretend at all?

“Kissing was like riding a bike, and holy crap, could Chase ride a bike”

“I like her, it was oddly unsettling and comforting at the same time”

Mari and Chase are two more characters that made me smile. Both are wary of relationships and have a few issues. Chase can be a bit moody at times, finding it hard to cope with hockey career ending. Mari has dreams of being more that a bartender. She is feisty, and will tell you exactly what she thinking. You couldn’t deny the chemistry that they had. I love watching the obvious sexual tension between them grow and let's not forget the romance as boundaries start to get crossed.

“Pretend – dating Chase was s starting to feel a little real, in a flirty, fun kind of way, and she liked it”

“This wasn’t a kiss for anyone else, or any reason. Not an apology, nor a cover-up or an excuse. This Kiss was for kissing’s sake”

No Time Like Forever is a great addition to the Wardham series. I do love the way Zoe pulls you into the story, and I get that feeling being part of a close community where everyone knows everybody's business. I recommend this one if you’re looking for a lighthearted quick, easy sexy read. Looking forward to the next book in the series.

One Love (Gypsy Brothers Book 7)
One Love (Gypsy Brothers Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars *** 4.5 stars*** Loved this series, 21 Dec. 2014
*I received a copy in exchange for a honest review.*

One love was the final book in the Gypsy Brothers series by Lili St Germain and the one I have been waiting for!!! It was going to be the last showdown between Julz and Dornan, and I was desperate to know how it was all going to end.

“The thing about bargaining with a madman is that you never know just how far he'll go”

One Love picks up where Two Roads ends, and we find Julz on her quest to find and ultimately to kill Dornan. I’m not going to say anything more about what happens, as you just need to read it. I will say for the most part the storyline had everything that I was expecting. It was violent, bloody, action-packed, had some twists and turns.

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies."

I did think it wasn’t as dark, and messed up as it could have been and as some of the previous novellas were, however saying didn’t mean I didn’t/love like it. I just think I was getting impatient, as the whole time I was reading it I just wanted Julz to find Dornan, so that he could meet his ending. I understand we need to know how she finds him, and how others such as Jason, Elliot, and Luis play a part in this. But I wished their showdown had come sooner in the book, and played out longer. I hate that man!!! And I wanted him to suffer in the worst possible way. Haha!!!

“I cannot rest until he’s dead and buried, a rotting corpse in the cold ground, a memory and nothing more. Dornan Ross needs to burn for the things he’s done”

I did devour this book in a few hours, and that says something again is the testament to Lili’s amazing writing. I was glad that Lili wrote what she did at the end after the story had concluded. As the ending wasn’t what I was expecting, well it was for that evil psychopath Dornan of course but for Julz and Jason. So after reading what she had written it all made sense, this was Julz’s story on her revenge on Dornan and it now over. Her story with Jason is now only just truly beginning.

“I can’t bear to be away from this man, not even for the six hours we’ve been separated, let alone the six years we endured apart”

Overall, I have loved this series, being on Julz’s passionate and crazy journey of vengeance, redemption, and retribution. It is one of my top favorites for 2014, and I would like to thank Lili as I said at the beginning of my review of Seven Sons. I love my fighters especially MMA ones. I had not read a biker book before, and therefore the Gypsy Brothers series (Gypsy Brothers #1) was my first intro to the world of bikers. And I have to say what an amazing one it was. I will certainly be reading more.

If you haven’t read this series then, you’re in for a treat as you can read it all in one go. No waiting for the each one to come out. If twisted dark romance stories are your thing then, you won’t be disappointed. I would highly recommend that you 1- click the whole series now.

I’m looking forward to reading more from Lili 2015.

You're Dangerous (How to Tame a Heartbreaker Book 1)
You're Dangerous (How to Tame a Heartbreaker Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars ***3.5 Stars** A good start to the series, 21 Dec. 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review

You’re Dangerous is the first book in the How to Tame a Heartbreaker series from Casey McMillin.

When talented artist Hannah Garrison moves to Nashville, She meets country music songwriter Jason Lane. Sparks fly when theses two from very different worlds meets. Jason is known as a ladies' man and so quite rightly Hannah not too keen to get her heartbroken. But Jason sees something different in Hannah and wants to show her that the last thing he wants to do is break her heart.

“God, That girl got under his skin in a way no other girl had ever”

Hannah was a down to earth, independent girl. Loved that she was artistic, and it was a refreshing change to see someone who was not planning on going to university. I like Jason loved that he was so protective of Hannah, and the way he do love my alpha men. Jason and Hannah certainly had chemistry, and things move quickly between them.

“Their mouths barely touched, and still somehow the energy and electricity they exchanged was our of control”

The storyline line moves quickly, but I wouldn’t say it was rushed. It’s told in third person, which I don’t mind, but I do find it takes me a while to adjust. There were some great secondary characters that will be worthy of their own stories. So looking forward to reading their story as the series progress.

Overall, You’re Dangerous was a good start to the series. It was a fun easy sexy read, and I enjoyed the story, and characters development. I look forward to the next book A Few Little Scars that is Hannah’s best friend Molly’s story and of course seeing more of Hannah and Jason as the series progress.

If you liked Casey’s In Too Deep series then, I have feeling you will like this one too.

A Few Little Scars (How to Tame a Heartbreaker Book 2)
A Few Little Scars (How to Tame a Heartbreaker Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A enjoyable sexy, quick easy read, 21 Dec. 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review

A Few Little Scars is the second book in the How to Tame a Heartbreaker series from Casey McMillin and is Hannah’ s best friend Molly Fletcher.

Molly wants to leave her small hometown and move to Nashville, and fulfill her dreams of becoming a hairdresser and makeup artist, but she stuck working with her dad until her brother leaves the military. On a visit to see Hannah see meets Jason’s sexy rich best friend Nick Logan someone, Molly knows he should stay away from. When Nick meets Molly, she instantly intrigues him, and the more Molly resists him the more he wants her.

“There was something about her something about her face, but he couldn’t figure out what it was.”

Nick made me laugh because he was so taken with Molly he didn’t know what to do with himself. I liked Molly, she was a cool character, but I did find her little indecisive at times. Molly and Nick certainly have great chemistry.

“They were both breathless. The desire that flowed between them was palpable”

I enjoyed the story, told in third person. I liked the way things take longer to develop between Molly and Nick. It over months not weeks and it might be instant lust, but is not instant love. The story does have a small a love triangle aspect, but that’s more to do with the fact that Nick keeps pursuing Molly.

“She was utterly helpless to look at anything but Nick. It was one of those rare moments in life where you just know the other person is feeling it too.”

Loved seeing the Hannah and Jason again and seeing how nicely their relationship is developing. Loved the advice that Hannah and Jason gave to Molly and Nick honest and funny at times. The previous secondary characters were back, and there were new ones like Molly’s brother Ben.

Overall A Few Little Scars was an enjoyable sexy, easy read. Looking forward to the next book in the series Better With Ben. And yes, that is Molly’s sexy tattoo brother. I think I’m going to like him.

Perfect No Matter What: Laney & Kyle Do Vegas (The Wardham Book 5)
Perfect No Matter What: Laney & Kyle Do Vegas (The Wardham Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute novella about Laney and Kyle in Vegas....... Going to the chapel and they’re gonna get married!!!, 19 Dec. 2014
"It turns out, nothing is impossible if it's important enough"

Perfect No Matter What, is sweet novella telling the story of Laney and Kyle in Vegas! Kyle is finally getting to do what he has always wanted to marry the love of his life. Love this couple, and loved this addition to the Wardham Series!

Julien's Book
Julien's Book

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one, it was a sweet interesting read., 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Julien's Book (Kindle Edition)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

When author Shea Miller meets Julien Breaux, who is the trainer and MMA fighter at her new gym there is something about him. She is intrigued by his looks he has an unusual birthmark on his head and has a Mohawk and uses him as her muse for her next romance story b0ok.

Julien is more that happy with the book, until fiction starts to turn into real life. When a girl called Nadine, who shares the same name as his love interest in the book, walks into his Gym. Julien thinks she is just another crazy fan pretending to be Nadine, but as he gets to know her more maybe, he starts to think that she could be the real Nadine.

“He felt a connection with her in a way he didn’t even understand. And could he trust she was telling the truth”

I found it the story interesting. It was an easy read, and I like the notion behind the book and the characters. I love my fighters, so Julien was a hit with me. I liked Julien and Nadine they were sweet together as they try to make sense of what was happening between them.

“The words she wrote in her little book are coming true in from of our eyes”

I liked that it very different from what I have read before, and from Casey normal style of writing, I was interested to see how it was all going to pan out. Knowing Casey as I do, I found many parts that made me think of her. There was certainly a feeling that this one was more personal, and things from own her life had been incorporated into the story, and I liked that.

Overall I enjoyed Julien’ s book, it was a sweet interesting read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20