Profile for riddles > Reviews

Content by riddles

riddles

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 2 July 2013
I bought this as I do a fair bit of camping with the Scouts, and wanted a charger that would allow me to use my smartphone as a GPS and camera (and occasionally a phone when the signal's there!), without worrying about battery usage.

I was going to go for a smaller capacity, but as it was the same price went for this one.

After a little playing around in the office, where it seemed to be fine, it got used in anger on a Cub camp this weekend, and was great! 2 charges for my S3, and still well over 50% full. :-)

The torch is a nice addition too, though as others have said, some way of ensuring it doesn't switch on accidentally would be nice.

My only issue is I'm not sure what'll happen if I charge the phone with the 2amp charger, so a bit of electrical tape has been added to it just in case.

Very please with it though. :-D

Canon PIXMA MX435 All-In-One
Canon PIXMA MX435 All-In-One

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased, 6 Dec. 2012
I like this printer! It's a little slow with the duplex and it seems to stop in the middle of a long run (possibly to clean the heads?), but the colour balance is good and it prints on 210gsm card fine!
Scanner seems fine, though I've not done much with it at present.
Network is good via ethernet, still need to set up the wifi...
4 stars as I'd have liked it to have separate colour cartridges, but otherwise, great!!

100m Paracord on Reel
100m Paracord on Reel
Offered by Savage Island

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes good bracelets, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: 100m Paracord on Reel (Sports)
It's a nice green paracord. No idea how strong it is, but it made 2 paracord bracelets for my kids for Christmas with no particular problems!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 3:55 PM GMT

Soul Purpose
Soul Purpose
by Nick Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 30 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Soul Purpose (Paperback)
OK, 1st off a caviat - Nick is a friend of mine and the reason I read his book is that I kind of thought I had to...

... and I'm SO glad I did!

The book is well written, runs along at a good pace and has a great quirky humour. Nick is a vet in real life and in his characterisation of some of the more "interesting" aspects of the job this really comes across.

It's been commentated that it feels like a Douglas Adams book, which seemed to be meant as a criticism, to me it seems high praise indeed! And also, not 100% true - the humour is more just a British view of the world, than 1 particular authors.

Finally, why only 4 stars? Well it's his 1st book and I reckon the rest (of which I hope there will be many), will be even better!