Profile for A J Nash > Reviews

Content by A J Nash

A J Nash

Page: 1 | 2
2015 Road Atlas Midsize (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas Midsize)
2015 Road Atlas Midsize (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas Midsize)
by Rand McNally and Company

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiny atlas, 8 July 2014
The only real problem with buying things from Amazon is not being able to see the size of the product like you would if you were buying it in a shop. That's the problem with this item. The description says "midsize", but for a road atlas covering an entire continent, it's so tiny it's useless. I assumed "midsize" would be the same size as the other Rand McNally North America road atlases I'd bought in stores in the US before, but in reality the dimensions of this atlas are barely bigger than a London A-Z with probably a fifth as many pages.
I think Rand McNally are definitely the best road atlases for the US and Canada, but this particular sized one has only 1 tiny map for each state and I can't see how it can be of any real use to someone planning a road trip.

I'm now assuming the atlas with the description "2015 Road Atlas (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas: United States, Canada, Mexico) [Paperback]" is the one most people would actually be able to get some use out of.

Chapelwood 16-inch Click Top Peanut Bird Feeder
Chapelwood 16-inch Click Top Peanut Bird Feeder

3.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart after 1 day, 19 Jun. 2014
After 1 day in the garden I took it down to refill it and the metal handle came off in my hand. I've pushed it back into the plastic as hard as possible, but there's no way to keep it in place properly. It's holding together at the moment, but it only takes a little shake, or a little peck from a woodpecker's beak for it to fall to pieces again. It's a big feeder, and it seems the design is too flimsy for the joints to take the weight of all the peanuts when it's full.

25 kg Dawn Chorus Sunflower Hearts For Wild Birds (12.5 kg x 2)
25 kg Dawn Chorus Sunflower Hearts For Wild Birds (12.5 kg x 2)
Offered by Garden_Wildlife_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and price, 31 May 2014
These are quite a lot cheaper than any other sunflower hearts I could find. Some of the seeds are cut into smaller pieces for some reason, but the birds don't seem to care at all.
They're very popular with goldfinches. Be aware though that goldfinches only go to certain areas. Where I live now they are probably the most common bird, but when I lived 3 miles down the road they never came no matter what type of food was left for them. Sunflower hearts are your best chance of attracting goldfinches, especially if you also give them have niger seed.

Ultra Thin 2.4G 800/1600 DPI Wireless USB Wheel Optical Mouse PC
Ultra Thin 2.4G 800/1600 DPI Wireless USB Wheel Optical Mouse PC
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality - amazing price, 31 May 2014
It doesn't track very well on the surface of my desk, but it's fine when I put it on a piece of paper and drag it around on that. It looks nice and is comfortable to use. I have absolutely no idea how the guy makes any money selling it for this price with free p&p from Hong Kong. Bargain of the year really.
The ninky-nonk (that's the technical term for the small metal and plastic thing you plug into the side of the computer to receive the signal from the mouse) is hidden in the battery compartment when you open it up, just in case anybody can't find it.

Unipet Wild Bird Suet Value Insect Block 300 g (Pack of 10)
Unipet Wild Bird Suet Value Insect Block 300 g (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 24 Feb. 2014
It took a long time for the birds to start eating these, but they are being eaten now. I don't think the birds are quite as keen on this product as they are on other suet blocks though.

Alan Titchmarsh Suet Block Feeder
Alan Titchmarsh Suet Block Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Feb. 2014
No disrespect to Alan Titchmarch, but when the feeder arrived, I pulled off the bit of metal with his signature on and threw it in the bin. After all, the feeder is a present for the garden birds really, and whilst I think they just about know who I am, I'm not sure they know or care who Alan Titchmarsh is, or would be able to understand that the squiggle on the metal plaque is his signature.
The feeder is nice and sturdy and does the job nicely. It was very good value too!

Trexus Intro Typist Chair Back H220mm W410xD390xH405-520mm Charcoal Ref 10001-03

5.0 out of 5 stars Spinning round at 45rpm as I write., 24 Feb. 2014
I'm not great at assembling things, or doing anything practical at all, but I just about managed to assemble this chair in under an hour. The diagrams could've been a bit clearer maybe.
The chair is nice and sturdy... In fact I'm quite surprised how good it is for the price. Until I looked on Amazon for a chair, we were buying second hand office chairs from a shop in town for about the same price as this, so I'm extremely pleased with the price.

Sarah Silverman Program: Season Two V.2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Sarah Silverman Program: Season Two V.2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Sarah Silverman
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Best season, 16 Feb. 2014
I don't think this DVD is available for region 2 players. Obviously you should only buy this if you can play region 1 DVDs.
This show is ridiculously underrated. One of the few sitcoms that makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it. This DVD has 10 episodes, including most of the best ever episodes.

Remanufactured Canon CL-41 ONE COLOUR Ink Cartridge Compatible For Canon MultiPass 450, MP150, MP160, MP170, Remanufactured Canon Pixma iP1200, iP1300, iP1600, iP1700, iP1800, iP1900, iP2200, iP2400, iP2500, iP2600, iP6210D, iP6220D, iP6310D, MP140, MP150, MP160, MP170, MP180, MP190, MP210, MP220, MP450, MP460, MP470, MX300, MX310
Offered by Printing Pleasure

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 16 Feb. 2014
Predictably, a message came up on the computer after about 5 printouts from this cartridge saying the ink was getting low. Initially I was disappointed. However, it's now about a year since that message about low ink came up, and the cartridge is still working fine! I don't print out a huge amount, but this cartridge is lasting much longer than I would've expected it to for the price. I'd buy another one when my printer is actually genuinely running low on ink!

Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditations: Audio and User Guide (Vortex of Attraction)
by Esther and Jerry Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 16 Feb. 2014
I'm a hypnotherapist and have been into Law of Attraction for a long time. I sometimes use Law of Attraction principles with clients if they express an interest in it. From a therapeutic point of view, having a positive state of mind is more important than many people would think. I find these guys' version of Law of Attraction to be the best and most practical and helpful for me personally. I've had the CD for maybe a year now, and still use it quite regularly to focus my mind on positivity.
If, like me, you find it difficult to meditate with your eyes closed, it can be more effective to listen to the CD while staring out the window at the trees moving in the breeze or anything mundane that's happening outside... whatever suits you really.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 6:17 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2