Profile for Jewel > Reviews

Modern Glass Ice Cube Touch Table Lamp with Chrome Base
Modern Glass Ice Cube Touch Table Lamp with Chrome Base
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to look at and use. So gorgeous., 7 Jan 2014
I really love this lamp. After reading the reviews about size I though it might be the size of a tea light but didn't bother to check measurements as I wanted it anyway. it is more the size of a large coaster and very solid. The 3 light settings vary from low dim to ultra bright - practically lighting up the whole room. It looks lovely next to my bed and I can read from all 3 settings depending on level of light outside. The touch works perfectly with just a dab of the finger. The bulb that came with it only lasted 3 weeks (I didn't touch it with my fingers) so I'm hoping the replacement will last much longer. I'm getting another one for my partner's side now as I only ordered one to try out but I've had to source it elsewhere as Amazon are out of stock. I've left the sticker on as people say its difficult to remove. It doesn't bother me as it blends in with the base. If you have it on dim you have to work through medium and bright before you get to off but you can do this in the blink of an eye and that it is how touch works so not sure why some find this a problem.

Tab-Timer
Tab-Timer
Offered by Enjoy-Able Living Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very portable and does the job., 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tab-Timer (Personal Care)
I bought this when my mum forgot to take her anti rejection tablets twice in a row - and I forgot to remind her. It's small and simple to set up. It can be carried up and down stairs or put in a handbag or set on a worktop using the flip out back stand. Once your alarms have been input ( up to eight a day) you can press any of the 3 buttons to stop the alarm as it rings. It rings for 60 seconds otherwise. It is loud enough to hear from other rooms and even upstairs but not horrendous. Similar to an alarm clock. I would like to be able to cancel an alarm prior to it ringing if the pills have just been taken but it is probably safer that it always rings at the set times. We haven't forgotten the pills since buying this. Sometimes simple things are the best.

Wild Bird Seed Mix 4kg
Wild Bird Seed Mix 4kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Would like a wider selection but it does get eaten eventually, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wild Bird Seed Mix 4kg (Misc.)
This bird seed consists of wheat, split maize, millet, sunflower seeds, red dari and rapeseed oil according to the bag. I don't know the ratio of each and I don't know much about bird seeds but just wanted to continue feeding the birds with something cheaper than my previous bird seed. I add peanuts and monkey nuts. The birds in our garden vary each year so it's hard to say if it attracts a good selection of birds. At the moment it's mainly crows, pigeons, doves, jackdaws robins and wrens ( I think) plus some squirrels but that could change. Some of this seed seems to lie around for a while but in the end it all goes. I would like a wider selection to give to the birds but think that giving them something is much better than nothing.

Janina Ultra White Extra Strength Whitening Toothpaste
Janina Ultra White Extra Strength Whitening Toothpaste

5.0 out of 5 stars Tingly fresh. I love using it., 17 Nov 2013
I've been using this toothpaste for almost 2 months after it popped up on an Amazon recommendation when I was replacing my electric toothbrush. I read the reviews and ordered one. I liked it straight away - it tingles and stings and my mouth and teeth feel super fresh after using, like my first toothpastes used to do. It makes my normal toothpastes seem kind of warm and sloppy in comparison. I don't know if it has whitened my teeth - maybe. I had them laser whitened 3 years ago which can take them back to their original colour but no further. This toothpaste maybe helps retain that colour and lifts any recent tea or coffee stains but it's hard to say. That said my teeth are clean and and I really enjoy using it and the long lasting freshness it leaves. I saw it in Boots recently at almost twice the price.

CREE Q5 3W Led 350 Lumens mini Flashlight Zoomable Torch AA
CREE Q5 3W Led 350 Lumens mini Flashlight Zoomable Torch AA
Offered by NexScene LED UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for size - slightly fiddly when changing battery., 17 Nov 2013
I needed a decent torch as although I seldom use one mine are all useless in an emergency. I was going to order the £10 version but thought I would try the smaller one first. Took some time to arrive from China. It is small - about the width of my palm from thumb to little finger - 9cms (about 10cms when expanded) with a belt clip through which you can also attach a cord ( not supplied) if you need to. The body is sturdy and looks well made apart from an orange squashy bit at the end which I first thought was the on/off switch but it seems to serve no purpose. It came without a battery - they are heavy to ship - but it just takes a standard AA battery. It also came without instructions. Feel a bit foolish but not being familiar with torches it took me a while of fiddling before I worked out that the end with the orange squashy bit unscrews. When I did this 2 tiny parts fell out - a spring and a bit of metal/plastic. I dropped one first down the sofa and then under it. I then spent about 5 minutes trying to get it back together and working as I really missed those instructions and the bits were small and fiddly and I just kept dropping them. The battery goes in first, then the metal/plastic piece and finally the spring. To turn it on and off you don't press the orange squashy blob but twist the end of the torch. The beam is very bright and you can pull out the bulb end to change from wide beam to directed beam. I can also get it to flash on and off continuously - assume it's meant to do this - by twisting the end to a certain position. I really like it now and can read my under stairs gas and electricity meters without struggling. It lights up a wide long area in front of me when out in the garden at night. I would prefer a simple on off switch as it's more intuitive in an emergency power cut for whoever picks up the torch but really for the price it is excellent value. I still feel that I need one that is less fiddly for a battery change and to turn on and off but this is still better than my existing torches which will be binned now.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 1:50 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the scent. Each card lasts about a month in my car., 16 Nov 2013
Clean Cotton by Yankee candle is really the only room freshener scent that I can abide. Most room/car fresheners smell artificial and nasty. The Yankee Candle range have a number of nice ones but I almost always buy this particular scent. OK they don't last very long in the house but are perfect for the car, lasting about a month. They are overpowering in the car at first but at least in a nice clean laundry way. I sometimes put them in the downstairs cloakroom as well but they are lost on bigger rooms and I use the plug-ins for those but I only put the plug ins on for short periods as they are super strong when left on for a while and I worry about my poor cat with his sensitive nose. This means my plug ins last ages and ages - I have had my plug ins for several years as opposed to a month for each Car Freshener.

18cm Funnel
18cm Funnel
Offered by Wine and Beer Making

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, sturdy - will last forever, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: 18cm Funnel (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to refill my lawnmower with petrol from the plastic billy cans as the tubes that came with them didn't fit properly and kept falling off. I was forever spilling petrol on the mower and lawn and spending ages cleaning it all off again. After scorching my lawn with petrol yet again I had a eureka moment and scoured amazon for a funnel. Why on earth didn't I do this years ago! I inherited the lawnmower and the filling system and just didn't stop to consider an alternative. This funnel may be simple but it is really well made, a good large size and will surely last me forever. It has made mowing so much more pleasurable as I am not longer stressed when it comes to the refilling part.

LE Brightest MR11 LED Bulb, 15W Halogen Replacement, 12 VAC/DC, Flood Beam, Warm White,Pack of 2 Units
Offered by Neon Mart

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware: check your diameter requirements and check return policy of company., 16 Nov 2013
These LED bulbs cost me £8.99 but when they came all the way from China they were much smaller than my existing MR11 halogen bulbs (3.5cms as opposed to 4.5cms) so no good for the spotlight fitting as they would just drop down. I thought all MR11 bulbs would be the same but now realise this number must refer to the connection fitting and not the bulb itself. I have always bought bulbs on this premis without any problems but must just have been lucky although my mistake would have been obvious if I had been buying from a shop (this is the first time I have bought bulbs online). I was hoping to return them but the return costs are exhorbitant - see direct quote from seller:
"If return at your reason, the return postage £2.44 will bear by you. And we will charge return cost £1.10 for per item and £1.60 for per order, totally £5.14 In addition, the products should be returned in original condition with good packages".
Well, a lesson learnt but I have filed a complaint with Amazon just in case as I thought buyers had additional rights when buying goods that could not be inspected before buying. I do understand it must be annoying for sellers when goods have to be returned but the small postage loss is surely an accepted part of running an online business.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 5:04 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, size and colour and very light, 27 Oct 2013
I wanted a narrow bin to fit a specific spot in my bathroom. I had a small metal pedal bin before but it was full as soon as I blinked, seemed to attract dust and made a clunk every time I put rubbish in. I had it for years and didn't realise quite how awful it was until I replaced it. This bin fits perfectly and holds so much more despite its narrow shape. It is very light with a built in handle and is easy to carry downstairs to empty. It looks so stylish, clean and modern. I am amazed at the joy I am getting from my new bin. I love it and even enjoy emptying it. Is that weird?

Mains charger for XMI X-Mini Max 2 Portable Speaker - NO PC REQUIRED - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

5.0 out of 5 stars More convenient than charging vis USB, 11 Aug 2013
I bought this to charge my XMI X-Mini Max 2 when away from home and might not have access to a USB port. I find a plug more convenient and will probably never charge via USB. I don't think you can charge the XMI X-Mini Max 1 this way so it was the availability of the charger which influenced my decision to get the newer version of the Mini Max.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6