Profile for Alison Howard-Forsyth > Reviews

Content by Alison Howard-...

Alison Howard-Forsyth

In The Night Garden Yellow Bean Bag Chair with Filling Childrens OFFICIAL
In The Night Garden Yellow Bean Bag Chair with Filling Childrens OFFICIAL

2.0 out of 5 stars Night Barden Bean Bag Chair, 25 Nov 2012
A nice chair, was happy with this product until I chose to wash it. Another reviewer posted a deceptive comment about the beans being in their own bag. I took this as being able to remove the bag and the bean contents so I could wash the cover. Discovered on unzipping that the bag of beans is sewn into the cover, so to wash you have to remove all the beans into a bin bag or something equivalent. This took a matter of minutes, but filling it back up again took forever. Also, washed at 30 degrees the red piping on the cover has run, leaving pink marks on the yellow material. Going to throw this out after it next gets dirty. A cheap product, with cheap results.

Hauck Dream N Play Travel Cot Multi coloured
Hauck Dream N Play Travel Cot Multi coloured
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars dream n play travel cot and playpen, 29 May 2012
fabulous product for the price. despite what other reviews have said, this was incredibly easy to put up - took me (a female with severe baby brain!) 20 seconds to assemble. it looks very easy to keep clean and roomy enough for my 9 month old to happily play in. haven't tried to put her down in it yet - when i do i'll use a thick blanket under the bottom sheet to pad out the firm base. its a tad heavy - but i wanted to use it as a robust playpen primarily so that is the price i have to pay. would't hesitate in recommending to friends - i love it!

Manhattan Toy Wimmer - Ferguson Mind Shapes
Manhattan Toy Wimmer - Ferguson Mind Shapes
Price: 16.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Shapes, 5 May 2012
Fabulous product - has grown with our little one from birth to 8 months (and I've no doubt beyond). Have also bought for all family and friends babies too - a winner every time. They are really engaging and still entertain my little one - her favourite is playing ball with the sphere, looking at 'mr fox' on the pyramid and the face on the cube. Fantastic design, extremely well thought out with the mix of colours, textures and patterns - a real winner.

Bickiepegs Doidy Cup - Green Sparkles
Bickiepegs Doidy Cup - Green Sparkles
Offered by Think Fast EU
Price: 5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Doidy Cup, 5 May 2012
Love this cup - been using it for very diluted juice for my little one at lunchtimes from 6 months old. She's picked up quick how to grasp the handles and tilt towards her (with me holding its base as a guide) and she sips away merrily. More effort in the short term I guess, but I don't want her to get dependent using a bottle or sippy cup. Hoping the patience pays off and she transitions well to normal cup when the time comes. Til then, we'll have to suffer the stares from people when they see her holding such a strange cup, and the extra wet bibs to catch the dribble!

Munchkin Grippy Dots
Munchkin Grippy Dots
Price: 4.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Munchkin Grippy Dots, 5 May 2012
Bought these after seeing their review in the mother and baby magazine - but I must say I cant understand the hype. Maybe it must be our bath, but they hardly stick at all to the bottom despite all their suckers. Not so bad when its just the little one in I suppose, but useless in our case as we have to remove them and put down a bathmat when we step in to take a bath or shower as we slip on the dots should we tread on one. They are colourful and will hopefully provide resistance to slipping as our little one grows (she's only 8 months now), but not the stay-fast product I was expecting.

LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table (Green)
LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn and Groove Table, 5 May 2012
Love this product - got it for my 7 month old who can stand but not unaided, so we sit behind her while she supports herself and plays. Obviously not sturdy enough for her to pull herself up on - but then I wouldn't expect that from a plastic table anyway. She loves all the interactive bits and can happily play for 30 minutes at a time. We've used it for a good 6 weeks now and she still loves it, I think its been great for her development in terms of motor and standing/balance. I think it'll prove useful for a long while yet and I think its a great price for what you get. Love it - alongside the rainforest jumperoo our little one is more than entertained!

JJ Cole Urban Bundleme Toddler Footmuff (Stealth)
JJ Cole Urban Bundleme Toddler Footmuff (Stealth)
Price: 41.92

5.0 out of 5 stars JJ Cole Urban Bundleme (Stealth), 5 May 2012
Fantastic product - fits perfectly on my Maclaren Quest buggy - hooks over the back of the seat neatly, straps fit through nicely. Can fold the buggy while the footmuff is on which is a bonus because it's not overly thick and chunky. Overall it looks nice and plush and my little one snuggles down in it nicely (she's only 8 months, but thanks to the zip feature on both sides I can fold the flap as low as I like). So glad I spent a little extra getting this over a cheap universal make - and happy that the little one will settle and sleep now thanks to the bundleme (something blankets alone wouldn't allow).