Profile for M. J. Roberts > Reviews

Content by M. J. Roberts

M. J. Roberts "mroberts266" (Oxfordshire)

Kinetic Golf: Picture the Game Like Never Before
Kinetic Golf: Picture the Game Like Never Before

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good, 14 May 2013
I have over a hundred golf books as I love collecting them but when it comes to solid modern golf fundamentals and coaching this book is one of the best. Nick Bradley is an excellent coach who can really improve your game whatever your level.

JVC PICSIO GC-FM1B Pocket Memory Camcorder - Black Ice
JVC PICSIO GC-FM1B Pocket Memory Camcorder - Black Ice

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good little gadget, 22 Feb 2010
I thought I would do a little write up of this.

Bought one for my wife as she said shwe doesn't record enough stuff of the kids as our current camcorder (Sony DVD106) is too big. The JVC is phone size and out of the box was very impressed.

I left it on 1080p (to change video click on the left arrow twice quickly) and recorded away for a minute and transferred it to my PC. My PC couldn't play the video properly as it was not powerful enough, I believe this may be the case for most people so switched the video output to VGA. The quality on the VGA was great as long as you didn't zoom in too much so was impressed with that and actually was better than the Sony (Sony - transferring files from DVD to PC made the quality a lot worse).

Eventually, we want to use it for 1080p viewing so I am going to buy a Sumvision Cyclone media player which plugs into the LCD TV and can play virtually any file including the H264 that the JVC records in. We will them upload them straight onto the Media player and can watch them at our pleasure on the lounge tv. Alternatively, you can buy a 'minihdmi to HDMI' lead, you can then plug the player directly into your LCD tv and play it in 1080p.

I gave this 5 stars as the video quality is a lot better than I thought it would be and is very handy to have with you at all times. We already managed to get a 'Youve been Framed' moment that I hope they show as it will pay for it!!! The 1080p PC playback is down to my PC and not the JVC. I also found a review on camcorder.info that backs up my video quality claim as this is one of the best in this format............so far.

If you need a small camcorder for your pocket then this is one I recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2011 3:45 PM GMT

Buzz! The Music Quiz With Buzzers (PS2)
Buzz! The Music Quiz With Buzzers (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars superb game, 7 Nov 2005
We bought this game and had appx 15 of us round playing it. Superb party ice-breaker.
There was a couple of questions that came up twice during the night but thats when we used the 'new music' option.
This did not take away how good this game was, we had it on for 4 hours solid and everyone loved it.
Definitely one for a weekend night with your mates.

The Fundamentals of Hogan
The Fundamentals of Hogan
by David Leadbetter

5.0 out of 5 stars The master swinger??, 4 July 2002
This book is always good to have in your collection simply because it contains great pictures of Ben Hogan. David Leadbetter throws his opinions and advice on Ben Hogans swing but does at times to analyse Hogans swing then follow it up by virtually saying "But my way is better". Leadbetters opinions are always knowledgeable but perhaps in this book could of taken a more unbiased approach. Who can argue with the best swing in golf??