2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Excellent!, 4 Jun. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first BF game that i have played and i must say I am very much impressed.
I downloaded the demo yesterday (I managed to get the demo early) and have been playing it non-stop, and when a demo is excellent... a fantastic full release follows.
- Quite a wide selection of weapons and equipment to unlock. (you unlock them with credits earned by ranking up)
- Good ranking system, you earn points for every positive action you take (for example destroying a vehicle)
- Destructible scenery. While it IS limited, (only certain pieces of buildings will crumble) it is still executed well. Trees, Posts, walls, Towers, they all crumble at the feet of a tank or something else explosive.
- A fair range of vehicles; helicopters, multiple forms of tanks, cars, buggies, dingies. More in the full game i suspect
- Only one game mode in the demo, and i've heard that this mode is pretty much all there will be in the full game.
- Some guns you will NEVER get as you need to unlock them in promotional events, such as pre-ordering with play.com (i can't do that, my card isn't accepted there). Check battlefield.com/badcompany for more on that.
- Others have complained about the grainy graphics and scratchy sound. I personnally like this feature as it feels realistic.
- Tanks are invincible (haha)
So yeah, there you go i guess. I haven't had a chance to play the campaign mode yet as it doesn't interest me.
ALSO if you are going to pre-order this game... pre-order the gold edition, its cheaper on this website.