Profile for Livia Iacolare > Reviews

Content by Livia Iacolare

Livia Iacolare "Livia" (Roma, Italy)

Casio LDF-50-9EF Ladies Resin Strap Digital Watch
Casio LDF-50-9EF Ladies Resin Strap Digital Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool watch!, 13 April 2011
I love this line by Casio. I already owned two watches similar to this one (black and blue) and finally decided to purchase also the yellow one. The quality is excellent, they look super cool!

Casio F-91WC-3AEF Digital Watch with Green Resin Strap
Casio F-91WC-3AEF Digital Watch with Green Resin Strap
Offered by Watch Shop
Price: 13.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!, 3 Feb 2011
Very cool watch. The real color is a bit different from the picture. In the photo it looks like apple-green but it is actually more like a fluo green. Very nice though!

Accurist Ladies leather strap watch LS670G
Accurist Ladies leather strap watch LS670G
Price: 26.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish watch, 2 Feb 2011
I am very happy I purchased this watch. It is much better than it looks in the pictures. The only problem is that the leather strap is a bit short and if you have a larger wrist it could be difficult to wear. Fortunately it is long enough for me, although I have to rely on the last two holes of the strap. I wished Amazon indicated also the length of the strap in the features list.

Public Relations Writing: Principles in Practice
Public Relations Writing: Principles in Practice
by Donald F. Treadwell
Price: 74.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Indeed very helpful... you cannot miss it!, 2 Oct 2005
First of all I have to note that I am not a native English speaker (I'm Italian) and I received this book as a present from a dear friend of mine. I am going to apply for a MA in Public Relations in Ireland, so I was looking for a book which could help me improve my writing skills.
This handbook is really astonishing, for it provides an excellent introduction to PR, filled with chapters about ethical, cultural, research and legal influences on writing, which really caught me by surprise. Of course the chapters strictly relating to effective writing techniques and design are gorgeous and it feels like the authors have the right answer to any question (and, believe me, it really matters to a non native speaker!).

I found an exhaustive explaination of the matter and plus a lot of appropriate references, wrap-upS, resources and links to important websites that I couldn't find anywhere else. The authors provide also an useful website to which readership can refer whenever it is necessary.
I recommend this book to PR students and professionals who want to to take an overall look at the PR world, and not only at writing techniques, as it is capable to act as a general introduction to PR. The perfect companion is a good Thesaurus (I am a proud owner of the great Oxford Compact Thesaurus!).
Enjoy!