Profile for Little Voice > Reviews

Content by Little Voice

Little Voice "missleopard"

Fruit Bowl School Bars Raspberry 100 g (Pack of 6)
Fruit Bowl School Bars Raspberry 100 g (Pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely disgusting ....., 9 April 2015
Absolutely revolting , both myself and daughter spat it out, and felt ill afterwards. Had to drink lots of water to take away the aftertaste. The taste and texture is quite something else , like chewing a slimy rubber , completely disgusting. I can only assume that positive reviews on websites must have been posted by the manufacturer - it's so awful. Contains 1.8% raspberry , the rest is mostly apple and pear -how can they get away with it ? It's also far too sweet. We have a few of the other products like flakes made by this company and they are really nice - just don't get it! Vile and horrible.

A Ladybird Book about Knitting (Ladybird Archive)
A Ladybird Book about Knitting (Ladybird Archive)
by Ladybird

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I remembered it, 20 Jan. 2013
I bought this book to help my daughter and I with knitting, I used to have it as a child. The retro books are so blissfully beautiful to look at and hold , they transport you back to a time of innocence and wonder. And in the case of the knitting book , the illustrations and text are so amazingly clear and well set out , very easy to follow. Can't recommend this highly enough , buy it ! I only wish I could buy some of the fairy story books too ...

About Face: Amazing Transformations Using the Secrets of the Top Celebrity Makeup Artist
by Scott Barnes

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful .... but hard to get into, 30 July 2012
Bought this on a recommendation from a friend, we are both makeup artists for a well known brand, and was curious about the techniques used etc. It's a lovely book with some useful tips however the way it is set out is very 'bitty' and I have to keep dipping in and out as I am not able to get into it. I find it very frustrating indeed that he does not actually tell you very much about what he uses, after tantalising you with the techniques !
Also far too much space is wasted on the subjects' life stories etc, but I did use a couple of his opening questions on my clients to put them at ease and they were very good. Some of the makeup shots are absolutely horrendously heavy and he actually makes a couple of the models look worse than when he began! but mostly very beautiful shots.
The saving grace of this book is that he tells you how he creates the 'glow' he uses on J-Lo , but not the products of course! I have been doing Bridal makeup for over ten years and know about contouring etc , but I used his certain technique ( more subtly ) on a bride a couple of weeks ago ... and the results were incredible. I've just seen the wedding shots and I'm proud as punch because the bride looks absolutely STUNNING. So from that perspective the book was worth EVERY penny just for that.