Profile for Mrs L Dale > Reviews

Content by Mrs L Dale

Mrs L Dale

Rubie's Pretty Witch Dress (Medium)
Rubie's Pretty Witch Dress (Medium)
Offered by BuySend

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitterly disappointed, don't waste your money., 29 Oct. 2014
Looks like a very cheap replica of the picture and the so called 'lights' are non-existent. We even turned all the lights off to see if we could see them then, but could see nothing unless you lift up the outer skirt (and what's the point in that. Will be returning and am going to have to find a different costume.

Inspiration Works Peppa Little Phone (Pink)
Inspiration Works Peppa Little Phone (Pink)
Offered by Cindy's Little Kingdom - Mon - Friday Same Day Dispatch

4.0 out of 5 stars Leave the battery tab in....., 16 Nov. 2013
Bought this for my 2yr old who is obsessed with Peppa Pig. However, when I removed all the packaging and the battery tag the sound from the phone went un-believably quiet. Thinking it was a fault on the toy, I returned it to the shop, only to find that the phone only retains a decent sound level if the battery tab is left in??

I'm assuming this is just some stupid health and safety thing (loud in the packaging to encourage purchase but then level reduced when the child actually plays with it - as if they could deafen themselves with it), but it's easily resolved by leaving the battery tag in place but trimming it and putting a small piece of plaster / tape over the top. Works a treat and is the same volume as it first appeared in the shop.

The Murder Tree
The Murder Tree
by Alan Veale

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooks you right in......., 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Murder Tree (Paperback)
On reading the prologue I thought this book might not be for me (as I'm not in to period stuff) but how wrong I was, and by chapter 3, I was completely hooked.

The story keeps you involved to the conclusion and has you rooting for the main characters. There were a few details that I 'guessed' in advance of it actually being revealed but it didn't detract from how the story evolves and the conclusion of the story is suspenseful and well executed.

Whilst I'd not heard the factual story of the two Jessie's before reading this book, it has certainly inspired me to take the time to find out more.

For a new author this is a spectacular start and I look forward to reading more.